Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
AJM Offline
A
It's frustrating I'm sure, Tad. There are no words.

Glad your Grandfather is getting some help and things are progressing on that front.

I may have missed it - how did your visit with your dad go?

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks AJ.

Quote:
It's frustrating I'm sure, Tad. There are no words.

It sure is buddy....very, but today was a better day. (Or yesterday was now that it is actually Friday.)

Quote:
I may have missed it - how did your visit with your dad go?

It went well. He and my stepmom took the boys and me to lunch. We had a good visit.

Stuff:

The grandfather/brother investigation continues. My brother's first wife has been trying to get in touch with me, but I've been ignoring her phone calls because the lady at Adult Protection Services told me not to have contact with anyone that may be involved. She won't leave a voicemail.

My best friend flew in from Chicago yesterday and bought dinner. I got to meet his fiancé. They make a cute couple and I am happy for them. ( I don't get envious of other couples anymore like I once did when this all started.) I guess that is good right?

His company may have an announcer position for me. They are a very big promotion company that travels the world putting on events. They need a traveling arena announcer. It would be a very cool job to have. I could still live in Phoenix and they would pay for my hotel and traveling expenses. I'd be traveling a couple of times a month. The only few obstacles would be:

1. Obviously, I would have to get the job first.

2. I really don't think my voice is what it was a few years ago. (Damage from all of the booze and cigarettes from when my sitch started.) I also quit caring for my vocal chords and throat once I lost my career.

3. And the real biggie.....not sure if I've ever mentioned it here, but I am seriously SCARED TO DEATH to fly. It is a big fear and I've been known to pass up a 1-hour flight and choosing to make a 6-hour drive instead. I will almost always avoid a plane when I can.(I even dream of plane crashes on a regular basis.) No sir. Absolutely NOT an airplane fan.

So......

Guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
W
W
Tad,

Wow! A job opportunity. I'd break down brick walls to make it happen...work on healing my vocal chords and stuff it about fear of flying. That could very well be a new chapter for you! And MAKE more money along. What can go wrong right there? The fear of flying in is all in your head. I fly frequently and I am still here. grin

Better start preparing for an interview. Act as if they will call you for one. I hope you made (or will make) a follow up to that friend thanking him for the nice dinner and to touch base about the announcer position. Keep in touch as they'll remember you.

L
L
Tad, things are turning around!!!! You're doing great.

If it's not this job, it will be another. :-)

And, I suspect you could face the flying fear and conquer it. I mean, it's not like you haven't dealt with tons of bad stuff, right? Jus sayin. You don't strike me as someone who can't deal...because YOU ARE!!!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
A
AJM Offline
A
Very nice to hear, Tad.

Yep, that's a bi** of a fear to have, but it's something that can be dealt with. And while not ideal (what is though, right?) can I make a suggestion?

Go for it. As LoisB (Heather) points out - you've been through far far far worse. Your prospects are to either continue as is or change (seems familiar to many here) right? I'd say working to overcome the fear of flying is less work than dragging your sagging a** out of bed each day.

As for the vocals... this is an arena job? Not radio? I'm sure you'll be fine, if not a bit more mature smile

Talking is like falling off a log - most people can. Some, like you, can do it better than most and make it entertaining.

I have to say, Tad. Things are starting to go in a positive direction. And at the same time too. That's something new for you smile

In fact, I'd say that what you describe is as close to normal as I've heard you talk about in years.

Good stuff.

AJ

Put the glass down...
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone. I'm going to take your advice and go for it. There is actually another position open as well.

The announcer job which I mentioned earlier would be nice, but the other one is for a sound engineer which I could also do. Honestly, I'd rather have the sound position just because my voice and confidence is shot, but I'd take either one of them.

I've already got resumes and applications in. Now, it is just a waiting game.

To be honest, even though I REALLY HATE FLYING, I just may have to suck it up. I think it is exactly what I need. Not sure what it pays, but the company is HUGE. (You've heard of their productions.) It also comes with all the benefits.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
A
AJM Offline
A
Fingers crossed. Toes too. Heck, I'll cross my ears if it will help...

smile

AJ

Put the glass down...
L
L
Quote:
To be honest, even though I REALLY HATE FLYING, I just may have to suck it up. I think it is exactly what I need. Not sure what it pays, but the company is HUGE. (You've heard of their productions.) It also comes with all the benefits.

Trust your instincts. That's a pretty strong statement.

Fingers, toes, ears, eyes...all crossed.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes.

Nothing new really....just wanted to check in.

Still hoping I get that job.

Nothing yet.

frown

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
T
OP Offline
T
Hello everyone. Just stopping by.

I've been down this week. Not sure if it is because my friend went back to Chicago or the fact that it's been a year this month since mom told the boys and me that she was sick. Seems like only yesterday.

I'm in a funk. I need my life to improve. I want my life to improve.....I just don't know HOW to improve it.

I can't continue like this.

Still no word on the job and still have not heard from my brother.

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard