Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
Originally Posted By: Rick1963 aka the grill man
Thank you girls, you too Eric. You better bring that tutu cause G and I will b disappointed

You are welcome. BTW, you and G will need to choose….the pink tutu or the spongebob square pants thong bathing suit.

As for the teenage daughter thing – I am not sure it is always a “daughter and mother” thing. Lord knows I am dealing with it now. I believe that “teenage girl” behavior is very different than boys. At least that has been my experience. I would stay out of what is going on between your GF and her daughter. It really is not your place. About the only thing I would suggest doing (if you feel the need to do something) is…when the opportunity presents itself, maybe explain to YOUR GF how healthy boundaries work.

What I am finding is that in order to deal with my daughter (when she is having one of her “moments”) I must state what I have to state and NEVER engage. For example: I say…time to take a shower Toria. She starts to come up with excuses, comes across as snooty, whatever… - I do not engage. I simply walk away. IF she does not do what I have asked…well then she looses something. So maybe…you can help your GF deal with this in a positive manner.

Originally Posted By: Rick1963 aka may not have any by July
I gots my own Loretta Bobbit.

All I can say…is “ouch”. Oh….and hide the knives and don’t piss her off.

Originally Posted By: Gabbysmom23 aka Tito
Party time!!!! Can't wait to meet all the hot blooded Latinas . And see Eric in a pink tutu and a sponge bob thong.

I guess the above question was answered. So this is gonna be interesting….Middle eastern nurse, hot blooded Latinas, Rican in a pink tutu and grill master Argentinean oh…and add French Canadian opera singer to the mix. Mix it all up and what do you get?

Originally Posted By: Rick1963
Bugsy believe me when I tell u that its cultural. It is how they roll.

Most not all. I would agree that for the most part...I can related. That said, unhealthy is unhealthy – regardless of race, color or creed.

Originally Posted By: labug
I'm a white hick from the sticks

Ummm…based on who is going to Rick’s party…I think we are missing a white hick from the sticks :)

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
L
L
Rick, does she wear stilettos? That's the new weapon of choice. smile

Writing off behavior as "teenage girl, to be expected" short changes everyone. There is some separating from parents that needs to happen during that time but I can remember feeling that I wished someone understood how crazy and mixed up I felt inside. I wanted someone to just put their arms around me and say "I know this is tough but you will get through it. Everything will be OK." Most people just wanted to control me, how I felt, how I acted, how I looked. And I was a "good kid." Learning to navigate emotions in a healthy way at a young age...what a concept.

I had boys and they do their own version of separating, for my sons that meant interacting less with parents, being sullen, changed the way they dressed. We gave them both a pretty wide berth during those years and relied on natural consequences.

Just musing here...one of my favorite topics. smile

Does anyone speak Hick in NJ?

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
OP Offline
R
Hey G. We are not HiCKS. We Are Pineys. Ok. Chucky is a Piney. And im from Brooklyn. A Brooklyn Piney. Now that is sexy lol

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

R
OP Offline
R
My mom turned 84 last month. She is getting sicker. She takes care of my older sister who is Schizophrenic. She is 57. They live in South America. I skyped with her today and she sounded a bit confused. Taking care of my sister has been on my mind for decades. Her kids said they wont care for her. My mom keeps asking me to move there now that im divorced. I tell her i have a daughter to care for. My mom is ready to die. She has said that to me. She says she is tired and wants to rest.

So i am having a hard time with this. I cant just pack up and leave my life here behind.

M 53
D 20
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

John Wooden

K
K
And you couldn't bring her here why?

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
R
OP Offline
R
Kat my sister has 3 kids and 3 grand kids. They all live there and she aint leaving. Besides she is not American citizen so getting her care here would take years.

Sometimes I think my divorce was for me to care of my sister. i need to think

M 53
D 20
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

John Wooden

K
K
Crazy as it sounds, your sisters kids need to figure out how to take care of her. You have responsibilities here divorced or not. I was just thinking if she came here you could help with her care.

I realize there is a cultural thing going on. However, that doesn't mean that that is the way things HAVE to be. Have you done any care assistance research for her in your home country? Just thinking out loud.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
R
OP Offline
R
Yes she will end up in a nursing home. That breaks me. It really [censored]

M 53
D 20
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

John Wooden

K
K
So did you go into nursing with the hopes of helping your sister? Has she been getting worse over time? Does your home country not offer any care assistance?

Thinking of you Rick. I hope an answer presents itself that you all can deal with.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard