Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
T
Train Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Oh, and Starsky:

Quote:
What types of expenses is this supposed to cover?

Considering I'm a SAHM, his financial contribution is covering ALL the household expenses ... or it WAS covering all the household expenses ...

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
S
S
Originally Posted By: Train
HS - I will definitely check that out ... thank you!

Starsky, H essentially is now paying me $1,300 less, every two weeks, than what he has been paying. That's my entire freaking mortgage ... and some change! Good thing I had already been debating not paying it. That's the benefit of planning ahead, for just the kids and me, I suppose.

You might want to respond to him "Since you seem to have gotten some guidance that you think is fair, as to what this should cover (and since it won't even allow me to continue to make the mortgage payment), can you let me know which obligations this is all intended to cover?"

He'd be stupid to respond in writing, but you never know.

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
T
Train Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Is the mortgage note in both of your names? How about the deed?

Mortgage is in his name only. My name is included on the deed. That was actually a result of 2005. My name wasn't on the deed at the time. He tried to kick my DDs and me - PREGNANT - out of the house back then. One condition of R was that my name would be put on the deed.

Married 14 years
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
S
S
You may want to ask your attorney about filing for temporary emergency spousal support (assuming that his CS calculations fully cover his CS responsibilities), and what he/she feels your chances are of winning such a motion.

If the children are living in a home whose mortgage payment is NOT going to be able to be paid -- and thereby facing eventual possible foreclosure and eviction -- your atty should be able to make a case that your husband needs to continue to help provide for the children's home.

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
T
Train Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quote:
"Since you seem to have gotten some guidance that you think is fair, as to what this should cover (and since it won't even allow me to continue to make the mortgage payment), can you let me know which obligations this is all intended to cover?"

He has already told me to stop paying the mortgage. He hates the house. He's done with this place. Etc. etc. etc.

What would I be trying to GET him to say in a response?

Married 14 years
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
S
S
Quote:
Is the mortgage note in both of your names? How about the deed?

Mortgage is in his name only. My name is included on the deed. That was actually a result of 2005. My name wasn't on the deed at the time. He tried to kick my DDs and me - PREGNANT - out of the house back then. One condition of R was that my name would be put on the deed.

Then I would inform him, in writing, "Just so you know, @ $1300 I will be unable to continue to make the mortgage payment. I guess we'll let the Ls sort all that out, but I thought you should know since the note is in your name."

You could even itemize what you can reasonably cover with the $1,300, in terms of shelter, food, and other family necessities.

But talk to your L first.

How much per mo. is the mortgage pmt?

S
S
Quote:
"Since you seem to have gotten some guidance that you think is fair, as to what this should cover (and since it won't even allow me to continue to make the mortgage payment), can you let me know which obligations this is all intended to cover?"

He has already told me to stop paying the mortgage. He hates the house. He's done with this place. Etc. etc. etc.

What would I be trying to GET him to say in a response?

Just something as stupid as THAT. ^^^ Admit in writing that he is INTENTIONALLY withholding financial support that would result in the potential loss of SHELTER for the children???

He's insane.

How many years is considered a "long-term marriage" in your state? In mine (FL), it was 10 years, and I would have been staring down the barrel of lifetime, permanent spousal support (in addition to the child support) had me and the fetching Mrs. Puppy not worked out our sitch.

T
Train Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quote:
You may want to ask your attorney about filing for temporary emergency spousal support

Yes. L and I both will be out of town next week, but he told me to schedule an appointment asap for the following week so we can discuss. I'll bring all this up. As of right now, H is essentially paying only $300/month for spousal support on top of the maximum child support calculations. (If we use bare minimum child support calculations - even figuring in a minimum-wage job for me and NO daycare for D2 - he unilaterally decided to pay $600/month in alimony right now.)

Married 14 years
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
T
Train Offline OP
OP Offline
T
HS! I just realized what MB stands for - never mind! laugh laugh

Married 14 years
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
S
S
Quote:
You may want to ask your attorney about filing for temporary emergency spousal support

Yes. L and I both will be out of town next week, but he told me to schedule an appointment asap for the following week so we can discuss. I'll bring all this up. As of right now, H is essentially paying only $300/month for spousal support on top of the maximum child support calculations. (If we use bare minimum child support calculations - even figuring in a minimum-wage job for me and NO daycare for D2 - he unilaterally decided to pay $600/month in alimony right now.)

How does your state figure shelter (mortgage pmt for the children's primary residence) into their calculations? Is that figured into the CS calculation, or handled separately between H and W as part of SS?

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard