Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
W
W
I think there's few good articles on how to start from the beginning by building your own tools, mini-library, and other useful tips. I would start by reading those articles.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I started to panic last night. I could feel it building. So, I exercised for about an hour and a half. I jumped on the mini-tramp while watching a Pink concert. It worked.

I gotta get past these thoughts that what I'm trying to accomplish is impossible.

The STC site is really overwhelming me and I'm not sure I made the right decision to join. There's no "Start Here" spot. However, there are some great networking opportunities. Looks like I could attend though, without the membership. Whatever. One day at a time.

I'm going to drink my coffee and sort out what I need to do today.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
E
E
Originally Posted By: LoisB
I gotta get past these thoughts that what I'm trying to accomplish is impossible.

One step at a time Heather. One step at a time. Nothing is impossible if you really think about it. Nada. Nothing!

Originally Posted By: Lois "can do it" B
The STC site is really overwhelming me and I'm not sure I made the right decision to join. There's no "Start Here" spot. However, there are some great networking opportunities. Looks like I could attend though, without the membership. Whatever.

Instead of looking at it as overwhelming...try and reframe it...as...Umm...this is interesting..I know I can do this.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
W
W
Heather,

What is your action step toward joining a STC networking meeting? Set a date for it. That is how you achieve your goals...setting some dates and times.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Finished reading Harriet the Spy to D11 today. This passage stood out for me. Written from Ole Golly to Harriet:

Quote:
Another thing. If you're missing me I want you to know that I'm not missing you. Gone is Gone. I never miss anything or anyone because it all becomes a lovely memory. I guard my memories and love them, but I don't get IN them and lie down. You can even make stories from yours, but remember, they don't come back. Just think about how awful it would be if they did. You don't need me now. You're 11 years old which is old enough to get busy at growing up to be the person you want to be.

No more nonsense,
Ole Golly

Wonka, Local STC Meeting is Thursday, April 10. I'm registered for the meeting/dinner. It's $25 and woulda been the same if hadn't become a member--kinda frustrating. But, I'm turning it over.

I posted two tutoring kids' workshops for the summer today.

I also took a walk. It's a beautiful, sunny day here.

D11 and I are signed up for a JumpRope competition/show on Saturday that was listed on Meetups. I need to think of ways to promote myself at these events.

Still feeling overwhelmed, but pushing through it.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

W
W
Four whistles for booking the April 10th meeting! whistle whistle whistle whistle

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Good Monday Morning ALLLLLLL :-)

Well, turns out that no matter how hard you squish your eyes closed and try to wish it All away, when you open your eyes, you still have to face the same stuff as before.

So, I'm going to accept myself for where I'm at today--I'm going to embrace my imperfections and faults TODO's and trust that I am EXACTLY WHERE GOD WANTS ME TO BE TODAY.

E
E
Originally Posted By: LoisB
I'm going to accept myself for where I'm at today--I'm going to embrace my imperfections and faults TODO's and trust that I am EXACTLY WHERE GOD WANTS ME TO BE TODAY.

^^^^ the BEST mindset to HAVE!

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Guys!!

Wonka, I've been reading about technical writing. I have some experience now in writing about engineering products and I'm willing to draw on this experience to get some more gigs.

In addition, though, I'd really like to move into doing interactive/educational writing. Is writing educational material also counted as technical writing?? I've gained a lot of experience using programs like these when teaching. My daughter was enrolled with K12 and I've used a lot of interactive material for teaching history. This is the stuff I would love to write. I'm just not sure it counts as technical writing?

So, I've reached the point of no return in terms of my personal growth. I'm so scared, but I HAVE to GET OUT THERE and I'm READY. I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Our chocolate lab has this thing about wind. It's a new phobia/anxiety. When the wind blows, she begins to pant hard and she hides in the bathroom. That's who I've been. I've been hiding in the bathroom. There are some good reasons why it's been easier to stay put, mainly reasons to do with my daughter's Asperger's, but she is ready and I'm ready and it's time.

I inquired this morning about boxing lessons.
I have a technical writing event tonight.
I'm taking my students to a homeschool trampoline event next Wednesday.

I was talking to a friend yesterday about why I resist success. I'm bright, I'm likeable, I'm good at what I do...I'm afraid. I'm afraid I will fail again and it will be epic and everyone will say, "See, Heather is a mess. She can't do this. She is a crazy mess. We were right about her. She is a fail."

No need to tell me all the wrongs in this thinking...just facing the core of the belief.

The thought of taking a boxing lesson where I will be open to criticism about my body and my lack of physical fitness and my lack of coordination, scares the heck outta me...but, I've reached the point where the thought of continuing to live in the dark is worse. I need to be the success God intended.

I'm asking my students/my kids to do all these uncomfortable, scary things, I need to do it too.

E
E
Originally Posted By: Lois here her roar
That's who I've been. I've been hiding in the bathroom

At least it wasn’t in the barn with barn animals (that’s a joke)

Originally Posted By: Lois she aint afraid no more
I'm afraid.

What I can tell you…is that once you take the step to face your fears…..you are truly free!

Originally Posted By: Lois
I will fail again and it will be epic and everyone will say, "See, Heather is a mess. She can't do this. She is a crazy mess. We were right about her. She is a fail."

First, only scared people will think that 2) who gives a rats arse what they think. This is YOUR life Heather – not theirs.

BTW,

Henry Ford
Helen Keller
Bill Gates
Abe Lincoln

All of them were afraid, at one point.

IMO, FEAR does not go away. FEAR is dealt with every day.

Teaching yourself how to deal with it is key.

Now….can we hear one more roar from Lois “I ain’t afraid no more”? smile

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard