Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Absolutely!

I read this great book, "Getting Results for Dummies" by Mark McCormick. He wrote the "What You Don't Learn in Harvard Business School" books. I highly recommend the book for creating goals.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Texted the Client again about the bounced check. I sent her a message this morning and received no response.

Strangely, I had a phone meeting with her husband this afternoon about the tech writing. He didn't mention a thing about it. I didn't say anything because I was a bit unsure how to handle this. I count on this family for two paychecks.

Anyway, said something to the nanny who confirmed that husband is usually out of the loop. In fact, he guilted me over missing an in person appointment which I missed, in part, because of the bounced check. I needed the money for gas and my checking account is now in the deficit.

So, I texted client and told her that I expected cash payment tomorrow. Still no response. I tried to be diplomatic and nice. I will add the service charge to next month's bill if she pays in cash tomorrow.

If I don't get any response, I will send an invoice tomorrow addressed to hubby with the information and service charge. What a pain.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

job Offline
Heather,
I think I would have had to say something to the husband about the bounced check, especially when he "guilted" you missing a meeting. The street goes both ways and quite frankly, he had absolutely no right to make you feel guilty for missing the meeting.

I wouldn't wait, I would send the invoice w/the service charge today. You've given her every opportunity to respond to you and she's not done it. I also would not accept her child back into my class until the account is settled up, i.e., payment in full which includes the service charged.

You have a business to run and you can't operate off bounced checks or no money coming in. Sorry, but I would not accept the child back into my home for tutoring until the account is settled up in cash. You have to be firm w/people or they will take advantage of you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Crap. I know you're right.

In other news. I actually sat down to write some sort of timeline intending that I could give it to an attorney. As I'm writing, I'm hurting, first off, remembering all this crud, but, I'm also seeing how you really can't backtrack, can you? I'm remembering insane things I did at the beginning. I can see how easily this can all become a tit for tat deal. I bring up this horrible thing he did, he brings up this horrible thing I did.

I need to face some of the stuff, because I don't want to carry it into another relationship, but I'm not sure it's necessary to rehash everything like I thought. I guess I thought, going through, point by point, would illuminate how unfairly I was treated. I'm not so sure now.

I will contact the husband of the client.

A
AJM Offline
A
Can I also suggest you order that to put #4 ahead of the rest? I think you'll find if it does that, the rest takes care of itself smile

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Oh my Gosh AJ.

You know what? Until you said that, I was doing them in order. I didn't even realize it. I put the money thing first because it's the thing that scares me the most. Wow.

W
W
Heather,

What an interesting dream scenario. Am I the goofy one in your dream? wink Go figure. I am in detention over in the Breakfast Club thread.

Yep, AJ is spot on about #4. Oh and what about your plans to join up local MeetUp events?

Job is absolutely correct that you've got start growing a backbone when it comes to running your own business. Take a look at Mary Kay! I doubt bounced checks paid for her pink Cadillac.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Wonka, I have the Meetups website open as we speak. :-)

Job, I know the bounced check is going to bother you. I love you for that :-)

She is bringing me cash this morning. I added $60 service fee. I know that's somewhat larger than normal, but I figure the extra inconvenience of having to track her down and take some crap from them justifies it.

Smokey called me twice this week about bills. I hate to admit it, but it was nice to hear his voice. Strange for him to call me, and twice. I don't know, I guess the combination of the dream and the phone calls...keeping the expectations in check.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm overwhelmed. There are so many groups.

Should I play Scrabble, volunteer or meet other singles? Wait. Writing. This was for writing.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Client just dropped off the money. She completely threw the nanny under the bus. The nanny had forgotten to give me the check before I left for vacation. So, she gave it to me on Monday. Well, the check bounced on Monday and, according to the client, this is completely the nanny's fault.

Still, she brought the 3-month-old sheepdog puppy which they purchased for more than a $1,000. Not seeing how them NOT having the funds in their bank account is the nanny's fault???

It's such a shame because the nanny is doing a phenomenal job with this boy. The parents, not so much. Mom has broken her homework assignment. I gave the mom a homework assignment when we started...she is supposed to be cuddling the boy for 30 minutes each evening on the couch. She doesn't.

When I confronted her on this today, she blamed the boy.

This woman has issues. She is very charming and a bit sneaky. Loves to deflect responsibility. I feel badly for the boy. He is as cute as they come and he is thriving here.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard