Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Eric,

After my MLC I came up with the following saying.

"livin the answers"

You, Eric are a wonderful mantra to that. You were hard on me when I first came here, and I'm glad for it.

This is a journey for warrior's, warriors of the spirit. I can't tell you how uplifting it is reading your journey, sharing your thoughts, emotions, trials along the way. I know it has to help those behind us and just beginning this trial in our lives.

You, my friend have gained much in life and I know you will continue to live those answers in your life going forward.

All the best, Eric.

Mirage

M
M
Originally Posted By: Drew

Good stuff, Eric. A little wordy for me, but probably not Mach.

smile

Oh..Epic can post some schidt...

Still tryin to keep up with PEI huh ???

Oh that fear stuff....

I remember that : )

What does fear mean to you Eric ??

LOL

Nice hangin with you over the weekend Bro...

PS...Bug is STILL talkin bout her Jeep thing....

: )

E
OP Offline
E
Wonka

Quote:
At my own pace and on my own terms.

Take your time – just don’t let FEAR of what you find stop you from being true to you smile

uRworthy
Quote:
I laughed this weekend til I almost peed MY pants. Just sayin

Some of us actually did pee our pants. ROTFLMAO.

Quote:
You guys are amazing, funny, exceptional people.

It was really the mirror image of YOU.

Quote:
Boy, what a conversation during our hours and hours in the car. Such good stuff.

I just loved our chats. BTW, any BMW rides lately smile

ForeverYoung
Your welcome. I hope you received something from it – that was the goal.

Mirage
Quote:
You were hard on me when I first came here, and I'm glad for it.

Your welcome..and if you thought I was hard…just take a look at some of the stuff J3B used to post to me. I had so many damn splinters I almost opened up a lumber yard. LOL. You can help me too. If you ever see me post some bul*chit – call me on it! Sometime we cannot see some of our own issues, so always feel free to point out something that you see.

Mach
Quote:
Still tryin to keep up with PEI

PEI actually emailed me this post – I shaved it down 15 pages smile

Quote:
Nice hangin with you over the weekend Bro...

Ditto my friend…ditto. Now…about the sheep thang...I can explain….LOL

Quote:
PS...Bug is STILL talkin bout her Jeep thing....

I am glad and feel so blessed that I was able to put a smile on Bugs face. Whatever you do….don’t do the Jeep thing – not yet. Tell BUG next time, it will be full top down!

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
W
W
Originally Posted By: ericmsant2
Wonka

Quote:
At my own pace and on my own terms.

Take your time – just don’t let FEAR of what you find stop you from being true to you smile

Again with the assumption. Not really. I am doing this on my own terms which has absolutely nothing to do with fear.

Has it ever occurred to you that I am letting things cool down before I create a new thread? I didn't want the community thread to become a Wonka-Eric-Mach show. I plan to reclaim the community thread with the goal of sharing my MLC experiences and have other posters come back once again.

W
W
Where did that "being true to you" comment come from? I'm puzzled and don't want to assume here.

From day one, I have remained true to my values, principles and stand by by own convictions. In essence, I've been true to myself that includes a lot of introspection and reflection. I am comfortable with my own process. It is mine to own alone.

M
M
Any woo ^^^

Originally Posted By: ericmsant2

I am glad and feel so blessed that I was able to put a smile on Bugs face. Whatever you do….don’t do the Jeep thing – not yet. Tell BUG next time, it will be full top down!

As you heard, she is pretty aware that a Jeep is not gonna happen....

I'm thinking one of those bumper cars from the Carnival ???

And I hope that you meant the top is down on the Jeep...not you..

Your Yoga pant idea was a bad enough image to wipe out of my mind...

Jus sayin

E
OP Offline
E

Wonka

Quote:
Again with the assumption. Not really. I am doing this on my own terms which has absolutely nothing to do with fear.

It was not an assumption, at least it was not intended to come across that way. It was really a joke (hence the smiley face).

Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you that I am letting things cool down before I create a new thread? I didn't want the community thread to become a Wonka-Eric-Mach show.

I am sorry it did not occur to me that you were letting things cool down. I did not feel that things were heated up – hence I did not think “cool down”. As for the Wonka-Eric_Mach show, I’m not sure what you mean by that. I know he and I responded with some what I was hoping would be though provoking questions – I was not trying to create a “show”. I am truly sorry that you interpreted it that way. Really. I’m not kidding. I am really sorry, it came across that way.

Quote:
Where did that "being true to you" comment come from? I'm puzzled and don't want to assume here.

I will do my best to answer this. First though, I am trying to understand why you seem so defensive by the comment…I honestly have to say that I think I may have struck a cord with you. I could be wrong. My comment was based on my own personal experience and from the experiences of some of the other posters I have read over the years. The point I was trying to make was….often times we hide from ourselves and our responses to questions are more along the lines of what we think people want to hear and what we really want to tell ourselves. In short, I was say…just be real with yourself. That is not an accusations that you are not. I have no idea if you are or are not. Only you know your truth. What I find interesting though is what I perceive (and hey I could be wrong) is your need to defend yourself.

I too do not want to assume so I will ask….
Quote:
From day one, I have remained true to my values, principles and stand by by own convictions

Why did you feel the need to write this?

Quote:
In essence, I've been true to myself that includes a lot of introspection and reflection.

And this…I never said you were not being true to yourself. I did suggest thought IF (key word is IF) you were that it may be FEAR.

Quote:
I am comfortable with my own process. It is mine to own alone.

And this… I never said of even implied that you were not nor should you be comfortable with your process. Can you see how I may have interpreted this as defensive?

Mach1

Quote:
And I hope that you meant the top is down on the Jeep...not you..

Actually I meant you and the Jeep (not me):)

W
W
Eric,

Huh...it appears that you don't read me right nor do I with you. It just feels like you cannot take my comments at a face value and where I am coming from is just as authentic as the next person. From my perch, it feels like I am not being heard here and you turn around to explain this and that away.

Your original post did not come across as a joke but a statement. It is how I read it and I am not sure if other posters read it as a 'joke'. It is all there.

I guess FEAR is your topic of the day. It does not necessarily mean that we feel it at the moment. I find it pretty interesting that you are trying to force "FEAR" on to my lap when I say that I want things to cool down before starting a new thread. I wonder why you are so insistent on this. Where are you coming from, Eric.

I was say…just be real with yourself. That is not an accusations that you are not.

This is a big ball of contradiction right there all in the same breath. You say to me to be "real" to me, then 'go oh no...I am not accusing you of being unreal.' Which is which, Eric? What I am hearing here is the I am not being real with myself. I am clarifying here...I am being as real as the next person, not the Tooth Fairy. Who's to say that you are not being real either, Eric? Not for me to judge.

What I find interesting though is what I perceive (and hey I could be wrong) is your need to defend yourself.

If our positions were switched, I came right out and said to you to be "true to yourself"...wouldn't you want to try to clarify yourself, right? What I am hearing from you by that comment is that I am not being true to myself. It is plain wrong to run with that assumption. Yes, it is an assumption however you slice it.

What I am hearing here is the I am not being real/true with myself. I am clarifying here...I am being as real as the next person, not the Tooth Fairy. Who's to say that you are not being real either, Eric? Not for me to judge.

Take your time – just don’t let FEAR of what you find stop you from being true to you

And this…I never said you were not being true to yourself.

Am I mistaken here? I think I heard you the first time around. You can say this in 100 different ways...the essence remains the same.

Who/what gives you the moral right to judge whether someone is being "true to themselves", "being real" or not?? It is not your place to do so. Each person's journey is what they make of it. All roads lead to the same place. It doesn't matter which path a person selects in arriving at their destination or epiphany.

It is what it is. When you arrive at Heaven, God isn't going tell you to go back because you arrived there in your bright lime green VW Bug. God is thrilled that you've arrived at Home...that is what matters the most to Him. He doesn't care in what fashion/manner you did to get there. Likewise with DBers here...we are stars with unique, individual sparkles with our own flavors and colors!

E
OP Offline
E
Wonka

I agree that we seem to not read each other right. I am sorry about that. I can see how you might interpret things a certain way and I sorry that is the case.

I am going to end this by respectfully agreeing to disagree with some of your comments.

Let's do ourselves a favor and not respond anymore. It really does no one any good. Instead of being open discussion it seems to have taken a turn that is not helpful of uplifting to either of us or any other posters.

I can respect your views and position on things.

Once again, I am sorry if anything I have said has offend you.

W
W
Eric,

Let me be the first to say this: I really like you from what you've posted elsewhere and I am feeling like there's this wall between us. I just don't like it at all and it is not so me.

Wish we can figure out a way around this.

Maybe let's step back a bit here and try to reconnect later. (no, I am not in love with you! grin) Ya up for this...?

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard