Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
A
AJM Offline
A

It occurs to me that your first meal was a gas-producing dish to be shared among the boys. Nice...boys will be boys... wink

Peace,
AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
AJM #2442290 04/01/14 01:23 AM
N
nyk Offline
N
Thanks for the great thread...so many excellent points of view. I am still very early in this, but this site and this thread sure help. Thanks again!

BD OM EA 9/2013
ICAYBDNLY 10/2013
I Move out 1/2014
Separation draft sent 5/2014
S13 S13 S9
nyk #2442308 04/01/14 02:11 AM
F
F
Great job T2. I believe W will be missing you and your meals. I don't know who wouldn't!

When you say you have a living room again, is it because W stayed in there and you avoided it?

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
E
E
Tsquared

Enjoy the peace!

I suspect that you will go through some level of emotions in the coming weeks. They are normal. Feel them. Understand them. DO NOT let them disrupt YOUR peace.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
L
L
Sometimes I imagine that a piece of my soul was shattered when I received different bombs (the initial BD, the OW reality, the moving out, etc...). And, as I put the pieces back together, or God does, I relive those moments a little to heal.

T, I think you're healing and I'm so excited for this next phase of your journey. I believe you will find real joy for you and the boys now that some separation has taken place. I feel badly for your W. She truly doesn't know what she's giving up.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2443159 04/03/14 11:50 PM
M
M
Hi T2... just wanted to say you inspire me!!!

Much hugs & THANKS!!!

Magic!!

M:46 H:49 T:20yrs
myD:22
H distant summer/12
H sleeping in b'ment: Nov/12
BD: Dec 2/12
asked me begin to move end of Jan/13
moved Jan 7/13 (left my stuff)
"agreed" to "working on r" Mar 3/13(lipservice!)
W
W
T,

Also you'll discover what some of your non-negotiables will be during this time apart. Sometimes a different kind of perspective will lead you to some truths that you may not have not seen quite clearly while living with W.

Hey...can I share some of your delicious veggie dish??! laugh

Wonka #2444206 04/08/14 06:08 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you all... smile

One week into single Dad-ness, all is well. Super cleaned, tossed and organized the pantry, fixed the dryer, managed to get birthday party presents and chauffeuring done, on time.

Bought myself some new 500 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets today ... Ahhh.

Bye bye nasty thin gross thrift store sheets that were king size and not queen so always coming untucked and shtuff ... Buh bye!

Lots of kids hanging out, spending the night, hanging out talking to me in the calm serene LR...

Family dinners have gradually become "the norm"... so far so good with the kiddos, I am checking in with them and keeping an eye out for any delayed reactions.

I am only contacting her for kid or house business, and then it was just one issue, though until this weekend she called me everyday, starting with business then asking me how I was doing, etc. She calls the kids every couple of days.

So far her spending is entirely reasonable (knocks on the fake wood of my desk).

Have had some interesting emotional fluxes, but not bad ones at all. But then again, I AM busy as all get out.

Doing well, doing the needful and going easy on myself when I need to, like Sunday I was just exhausted. So I just chilled and puttered.

smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

T
OP Offline
T
All the work on detachment, the work on myself, becoming the man I want to be, is paying off now, when the rubber meets the road.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

W
W
T,

That sounds really positive for you and your family. How do the kids act and feel with W out of the house? Do they miss her? Do they stay in touch with her?

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard