Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
There is a ten-fold increased risk of celiac disease in Crohn's (and probably a much higher percentage of Crohn's patients who have gluten intolerance ). Has your son been tested for gluten intolerance, has her tr5ied a gluten-free diet? be aware that the mainstream celiac test can miss milder gluten intolerance.

J Res Med Sci. 2012 Feb;17(2):154-8.
Serologic celiac disease in patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
Tavakkoli H, Haghdani S, Adilipour H, Daghaghzadeh H, Minakari M, Adibi P, Ahmadi K, Emami MH.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

There is an association of celiac disease (CD) with several gastrointestinal illnesses. We aimed to determine the prevalence of CD in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) to evaluate the value of the routine serological tests for CD in these patients.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:

patients with IBD underwent screening test for CD. The screening test was based on IgA anti-tTG antibody evaluated by ELISA method and IgA EMA (endomysial antibody) measured by the indirect immunofluorescence method. Fisher exact and chi-square and t tests were used for data analysis.
RESULTS:

the study was conducted on 100 patients, with a mean age of 34.74 ± 12.03 (SD) years. The mean simplified Crohn's disease activity index was 90 ± 17 (SE) and the mean colitis activity index was 3.46± 0.96 (SE). Seventeen patients (17%) had IgA anti-tTG antibody levels above the cutoff point (> 20). Thirty-two patients were positive for IgA EMA. IgA EMA was positive in nine IgA anti-tTG positive patients (three patients with Crohn's Disease and six ones with ulcerative colitis). Then, the prevalence of serologic CD was 9% that was higher than that of general population. A significant correlation was found between the results of IgA EMA and those of IgA anti-tTG (P=0.001) whereas Fisher exact test revealed significant difference between frequency distribution of positive and negative results of IgA EMA and IgA anti-tTG in patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease (P=0).
CONCLUSION:

the prevalence of serologic CD in general population in Iran has been reported to be 0.6-0.96%. Then, its prevalence in our sample size was about ten times more than that in general population.

W
W
WR,

I'm copying and pasting some useful information on boundaries that Betsey wrote in Melissa's thread over in Newcomers. This is something that you would want to tuck away in the back of your head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

It's up to you to have your own boundaries and morals and to decide which of them are important enough to enforce and which are their business and you're judging - or if it's your business and they are judging. I love a concept that I learned from D16's special ed teachers along the way: "If this, then that". It's how they teach her.

If conditions exist where they aren't truthful with you and you don't like it or appreciate it, then.... (fill in the blank). Enforce YOUR boundaries, but don't go looking for trouble. And if your boundaries are just nonsense or absolutely weird or completely not reality, then run them by your IC.

Even without "teaching" my P/A husband to change with me, I did it and enforced it. He'd tell me he'd be some place for our D and not show up, I went anyway. I didn't mention it to him, didn't nag him and let my D19 stew. He let HER down. And when he'd call to make an excuse or apologize, I'd tell him, "It's not me who's hurt - it's our D. Why don't you explain to her?" Boundary enforcing. Not my circus, so I let the lead monkey be accountable to the one person he hates hurting. He changed, Melissa. But before then, I'd have read him the riot act and gone for his jugular. Nothing would have changed.

And YES, it's reasonable to take people at face value. Assume they shoot straight. But if they don't, then do something about it.

W
OP Offline
W
I'll message him about the teacher interviews. Not quite sure how to go about with the tools. I need them out and it was one of his demands on his L's six page letter to me so I'm guessing he wants them.

Thank you for the info KML. I'll recommend testing him to my dr

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and
you’re gonna hear me ROAR
W
W
Wait a cotton pickin' second, WR...I'm looking over your notes and will get back to you with some thoughts.

W
OP Offline
W
Thank you Wonka. Very interesting read........I'm thinking, I'm hoping I did, made boundaries very clear especially in regards to what I would, and would not, allow him to expect from our boys.

Did you post this reference in regards to my anger over not being more fatherly to S14 while he has some health issues? The school meeting? Just so I understand completely.

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
W
OP Offline
W
Ooops I must have posted my question as you were responding. I'll wait

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
W
W
WR,

About as messy as trying to push back Play-Doh through the machine cranking out different shapes. crazy

I did hear, via 6 page letter, all about his demands though.

How was it outlined? Which format and from whom was it delivered?

but I spent 1.5 hours on my rebuttle.

How did you work on this rebuttal? With your own L? Not clear on this part.

I'm thinking of sending H a text along these lines

"Hi H. Just wondering if you'd be able to come get your tools and camping stove w/tank in the next week? If you can't i understand I'll place everything at the side of the house, covered in plastic that you can pick up at your convenience".

Zip it. Say nothing to H since it is now a part of the negotiation/business transaction with the L. Step away from this.

S14's parent teacher is on Tuesday. I had no plans to mention it to H as he's made no move to appear to want to be involved, and he can look at the school website just like I did, of do I initiate contact about that as well? Too much contact? Leave it be??

If I were you, I'd make sure that H has the contacts from the school so that way he receives communication from the school on upcoming parent-teacher conferences, meetings, and other pertinent details for S14. Then let H handle it all by himself from that point and on. H is a big boy and knows how to get information.

I guess I could say "s14 has parent teacher Tuesday. I plan to be at the school by 6 for if you would like to attend"?

You can say, "H, please be advised that there's a parent-teacher meeting this Tuesday at xxx pm for S14. After this message, you will need to take the responsibility for obtaining this type of information from the school yourself going forward. The contact information is posted at the school's website. WR"

This way H will need to learn to be responsible for his own actions or lack of actions when it comes to parenting your children. Which is why I posted that particular gem from Betsey on boundaries. You are not H's mother when it comes to communications from the school.

W
W
WR,

Did you post this reference in regards to my anger over not being more fatherly to S14 while he has some health issues? The school meeting? Just so I understand completely.

School meeting and school-related activities.

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Wonka
WR,

About as messy as trying to push back Play-Doh through the machine cranking out different shapes. crazy

LOL. Just about THAT messy for sure.

I did hear, via 6 page letter, all about his demands though.

How was it outlined? Which format and from whom was it delivered?

it was delivered from his L to mine. It was a list of questions, debatable points and his wants. At the end of the letter I had until noon today to respond or it would be off he table in it's entirety (his offers to me) that I was not to choose points in part had to take it as a whole and that if I did not agree I would need to put the house up for sale immediately. There was no response to the letter from my L. I'm not interested in his offer or their threatening tone

but I spent 1.5 hours on my rebuttle.

How did you work on this rebuttal? With your own L? Not clear on this part.

i went line by line arguing points, making my own demands and comments on differnt areas and have sent it to my L for review. We will write a response together and she will forward it off. H's L is on holidays for the next two weeks and H is flat broke, crying poor me all over he place, so I'm guessing that was part of the reason for the deadline.

I'm thinking of sending H a text along these lines

"Hi H. Just wondering if you'd be able to come get your tools and camping stove w/tank in the next week? If you can't i understand I'll place everything at the side of the house, covered in plastic that you can pick up at your convenience".

Zip it. Say nothing to H since it is now a part of the negotiation/business transaction with the L. Step away from this.

i did ask my L if it is appropriate for me to ask him to come and get them, she said yes and to make it like that he would need them/want them so I'm offering them.....if I wanted to do it she said it's fine

S14's parent teacher is on Tuesday. I had no plans to mention it to H as he's made no move to appear to want to be involved, and he can look at the school website just like I did, of do I initiate contact about that as well? Too much contact? Leave it be??

If I were you, I'd make sure that H has the contacts from the school so that way he receives communication from the school on upcoming parent-teacher conferences, meetings, and other pertinent details for S14. Then let H handle it all by himself from that point and on. H is a big boy and knows how to get information.

i have set it up that he is contacted with info but not sure if he would know about the meeting. It's not something teachers tell patens, we need to check the site, so H gets report cards and any progress reports but I doubt any of the day to day stuff. There's just not enough time for a school to be responsible for that

I guess I could say "s14 has parent teacher Tuesday. I plan to be at the school by 6 for if you would like to attend"?

You can say, "H, please be advised that there's a parent-teacher meeting this Tuesday at xxx pm for S14. After this message, you will need to take the responsibility for obtaining this type of information from the school yourself going forward. The contact information is posted at the school's website. WR"

do you think this info could be construed as oppositional? The take care of yourself from now on part? I completely understand how I'm not his mother, and this was part of our marriage's problem, but don't want to come across as a b1tch or bossy as, again, one of the problems of our marriage

This way H will need to learn to be responsible for his own actions or lack of actions when it comes to parenting your children. Which is why I posted that particular gem from Betsey on boundaries. You are not H's mother when it comes to communications from the school.

Thank you for your help!!

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
W
W
WR,

You ask:

do you think this info could be construed as oppositional? The take care of yourself from now on part? I completely understand how I'm not his mother, and this was part of our marriage's problem, but don't want to come across as a b1tch or bossy as, again, one of the problems of our marriage

Not really. You're setting a boundary and letting H know that it is his responsibility to seek out school-related information since he's the one who wanted out of the M. The suggested response isn't bossy or bitchy at all. You're communicating to H about the parent-teacher meeting with just the facts. And leave it at that. His choice to attend or not.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard