Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
F
OP Offline
F
While at the vets getting medications for our geriatric dog, the doctor held up a pill and looked directly at W while saying: “I’m required to tell you that if there’s any chance that you could be pregnant, don’t touch this pill.”

I bit my tongue at the time, but couldn’t resist making a joke about it later when W and I were alone. “Oh, and by the way, if there is any chance you are pregnant, touching that pill will be the least of your worries!” (said in a humorous tone, with a big grin) W’s response: “Well, if I am then we know there’s a second coming.”

While discussing the recent concert W and my sister attended, W mentioned that MMF (millionaire man friend) offered to take W to see Phantom of the Opera. She then went on to say that she put the kibosh on that real quick because she figured I wouldn’t like it. As it is now, she only see's him once or twice a month along with GF, and is very open with me about it. I made no comment. Hey, if she’s policing herself then I have nothing to say about it. (except for when I'm quick enough to come up with a witty comment.) grin

Continuing my plan to ask for more, I asked W to massage my head while we were watching TV together one night. She did, and unlike the last time I asked, she actually put some effort into it. Afterwards I thanked her and said that it really means a lot to me that she did that. YMMV, don’t try this at home, kiddies!

Last night W walked into the room carrying our dog, all the while kissing and goo-gooing the heck out of her. When I made a playful comment (something about that being an awful lot of goo-goo talk going on) W said “She’s special”. A few moments later I stopped W when she was walking past me, and asked her to give me her hand. “Why? I don’t want to!” she said, but I insisted. “Just do it, give me your hand, I want to tell you something” Finally she reached out. I took her hand and told her she was special too!

Just little stuff I’m trying because the time seems right. I know for sure it’s not hurting things between us, and I need to change things up around here… For me. If she likes it, good. If not, oh well! We'll see what happens!

I REALLY doubt she’s going anywhere. And who could blame her? Me---> cool

OK, this one is for all you amateur and professional dream interpreters out there. Last night I drove W to the bus station. I was driving a forklift with a whole pallet of her stuff! W was by my side. No feelings other than it was just another project/errand like all the other ones we still do together. I was frustrated trying to get there on time, finding the proper place to unload, etc. Woke up and thought, Hmmmmm…

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
U
U
Hey FY, I like that you are doing something a bit different and that she seems to be ok with it. Good on you.

W
W
FY,

I'm out with the dream thing...maybe Eric can help! grin

How did your W react when you held her and made those comments? Did she flinch? Did she appear nervous? As you can tell, I am starving for the Penthouse version.

Wonka #2435312 03/04/14 03:26 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: URworthy
Hey FY, I like that you are doing something a bit different and that she seems to be ok with it. Good on you.

Thanks, UR. I do wonder if this'll make any difference at all to W. Her crises is about her, not me, and we both know nothing I say or do can fix that. Even so, I don't care. I have to change things up for myself, no matter what happens!

Originally Posted By: Wonka
How did your W react when you held her and made those comments? Did she flinch? Did she appear nervous? As you can tell, I am starving for the Penthouse version.

I wish I had a penthouse version. wink

There was no flinch, no nervousness, just a little bit of "perturbedness". Even so, I know she appreciated it, because WOA is one of her LL's. Mostly, I see it as a positive because in the end she DID reach out to me, when she didn't have to. She could have easily refused.

Baby steps. I won't be trying to bed her tonight! laugh

She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
U
U
Yep, Fy, you're right, you cant fix her. You can, however, help her see the possibilities, right? smile

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: uRworthy
Yep, Fy, you're right, you cant fix her. You can, however, help her see the possibilities, right? smile

Yes, UR, I most certainly can! That's been my goal all along. Thanks for rooting for me!

She's still worth it.

F
OP Offline
F
This just in: W asked me if I wanted to join her when she goes out to have drinks with GF and her BF this Saturday night!

As encouraging as this sounds, it's not all peaches and cream. Apparently, the 4 of us meeting up was suggested by GF, and while W wants to accept she is also harboring some reservations. She warned GF that she "may not be herself" with me there.

A little background: GF is W's main friend (BFF?) and they go out every week or two. I have NEVER joined them, (or gone out with GF on my own grin ) but the three of us have spent a little time together at our house. GF and I get along great. This will be my first time meeting her BF of 8 months. He lives out of town, so even W has only met him once or twice.

I could sense a bit of discomfort with the double date idea, so I asked W some questions. She said she sometimes feels uncomfortable around me, and that we are 'stiff' when we are together. I told her I was sorry that she felt that way, and that making her uncomfortable was never my intention. She said she knows this.

I then asked her a few questions about BF. He's a cardiologist, two years older than me, and not quite as good looking. (just my guess on that last one cool )

In the end, I told W that I thought it would be fun, and that I'd be happy to join her.

Comments, suggestions, and silly jokes are requested.

She's still worth it.

W
W
FY,

My crush is moving along great! Wow.

Just chillax and be yourself. Perhaps have one or two safe jokes to share with the group. Or a fun memory of some incident of some way back with your W and family.

When you feel relaxed, it will have a positive impact on W and the group.

Wonka #2436571 03/08/14 04:50 AM
V
V
Go and "Act as if" be chill, fun, relaxed, and enjoy yourself and let everyone know you're having a good time.

------------------
Verum #2436573 03/08/14 04:52 AM
V
V
BTW, Last June when my W invited me to a BBQ where a guy was going to be that she was infatuated with (but never did anything with) ... she was very nervous, but afterwards she was glad that it could be "normal" as she put it. That we could have a good time.

------------------
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard