Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Ashu Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My wife is American, I am French.

At first I left France for her and lived in NYC, it was a huge step. And after 1y and half of marriage, I felt lost...

In May, I had a pretty a depression and I left home packing all my stuff. She knows I was planning to go back for France for couple months, I told her before hand and she was aware about it, I told her, I needed to escape and figure out my **** and deal with unfinished business in France and one of the other reason I left at that time. It was because I was making her sad and I couldn't bear it anymore. I am a very proud person, I couldn't stand the person I was... And ask her to give me a month.

Despite the fact I left home for France, I was in touch with her, phone, skype, daily. I thought she was handling it pretty well, we were still very close and sweet to each other. After a month I told her that I was sorry and that I am coming back.
Unfortunately, her folks were coming so I had to wait for coming back, So we have been agreed on October 10Th, as I mentioned, I was supposed to come back end of August, but with her parents staying there for 3 weeks in September she ask me to wait.

At first, she was very happy that I manage to get back on my feet and that I was coming back with a plan.

Then, she started telling to her friends/family. And now she doesn't want me to come back. She is saying I broke her and that I can't fix it. That she don't trust me anymore and she doesn't know if she still love me. She is saying I abandoned her and she is confuse...

In my mind, my "trip" to France was just necessary, and I never question our marriage. I never wanted to put an end to our marriage. She is too important for me.

Her parents are still there, I have to wait 3 more weeks, before coming back, but each day pass, and I feel I am losing her... Day after day she is getting more and more distant.

I don't know what to do anymore, I sent chocolate, flowers and told her i am deeply sorry that I will fix this. But I feel like she doesn't even want to try to understand me. I was burn out at that time, it is hard to leave everything behind for one person, which I did 2 years ago and moreover to live in a different country and start over...

She keep changing her mind, someday I am welcome, the other day I can't come... I am lost... I wish she was more understandable. It was not against her or us. It was about me needed to get back on my feet.

According to you, what should I do?
did I really abandoned her?
Why her friends and folks try to get ride of me?

C
C

Me-70, D37,S36

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard