Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Ashu Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My wife and I are on the edge to divorce. In June, I had a depression and I left home packing all my stuff, I told her before hand and she was aware about it, I told her, I needed to escape and figure out a lot of thing. I left at that time, because I wasn’t making her happy. Despite the fact I left home for France (Where I come from), I was in touch with her, phone, skype, daily. I told her that I will let her know about my thoughts a month later. I told her that I was coming back and I was sorry. But in my mind, I never wanted put an end in our relationship. I needed space. Anyway, since she told to her friends, her folks, she doesn’t want me to come back. And she said she can’t trust me anymore… That she is confused and she doesn’t know if she wants to stay with me or divorce… I want to fix this, but she doesn’t understand my choice. At first I left France for her and lived in NYC, it was a huge step. And after 1y and half, I felt lost

I don't know what to do...

K
K
I am sorry you are in this situation. I am sure you can understand why your wife feels the way she does. It is important that you get help to get clear on what your goal is and what will make you happy Then you will learn how to interact and respond to your wife in a way that is going to bring her closer and begin the rebuilding process. The DB coaches are experts in helping you with this. Please call me for more information. Take good care.

Karen, Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004
karen@divorcebusting.com

Give me a call if you'd like to schedule an appointment to speak with a Divorce Busting® Coach.
C
C
Originally Posted By: Ashu
My wife is American, I am French.

At first I left France for her and lived in NYC, it was a huge step. And after 1y and half of marriage, I felt lost...

In May, I had a pretty a depression and I left home packing all my stuff. She knows I was planning to go back for France for couple months, I told her before hand and she was aware about it, I told her, I needed to escape and figure out my **** and deal with unfinished business in France and one of the other reason I left at that time. It was because I was making her sad and I couldn't bear it anymore. I am a very proud person, I couldn't stand the person I was... And ask her to give me a month.

Despite the fact I left home for France, I was in touch with her, phone, skype, daily. I thought she was handling it pretty well, we were still very close and sweet to each other. After a month I told her that I was sorry and that I am coming back.
Unfortunately, her folks were coming so I had to wait for coming back, So we have been agreed on October 10Th, as I mentioned, I was supposed to come back end of August, but with her parents staying there for 3 weeks in September she ask me to wait.

At first, she was very happy that I manage to get back on my feet and that I was coming back with a plan.

Then, she started telling to her friends/family. And now she doesn't want me to come back. She is saying I broke her and that I can't fix it. That she don't trust me anymore and she doesn't know if she still love me. She is saying I abandoned her and she is confuse...

In my mind, my "trip" to France was just necessary, and I never question our marriage. I never wanted to put an end to our marriage. She is too important for me.

Her parents are still there, I have to wait 3 more weeks, before coming back, but each day pass, and I feel I am losing her... Day after day she is getting more and more distant.

I don't know what to do anymore, I sent chocolate, flowers and told her i am deeply sorry that I will fix this. But I feel like she doesn't even want to try to understand me. I was burn out at that time, it is hard to leave everything behind for one person, which I did 2 years ago and moreover to live in a different country and start over...

She keep changing her mind, someday I am welcome, the other day I can't come... I am lost... I wish she was more understandable. It was not against her or us. It was about me needed to get back on my feet.

According to you, what should I do?
did I really abandoned her?
Why her friends and folks try to get ride of me?

Brought over from your other thread best to stick to just this one.

I must disagree that you did not break her.
So there fore you can not FIX her.
You can only FIX yourself.

How can you show her that you are FIXED without words?

What is her love language?
What is your?

Keep posting here on this thread or in newecomers.

Me-70, D37,S36
M
M
Are you still on here?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER