Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
K
kenva Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well. I did it. The day I was dreading to contact an attorney. I have an appointment on Mon. W might be a little ticked off because she wants me to sign the closing papers on fri. She knows I was going to have an attorney look at and said she would have done the same thing. But she wanted me to have one look at it quick for a Fri closing on the house. It's my turn to take lead on this and she can wait.

M 43
W 35
S 6
BD 7-11
Served 5-2-13
Sep agree signed 5-12-14
Wife moves out pending refinance 5-14-14
Divorce hearing set May 2
Divorced May 2
J
J
Just caught up on your sitch Ken and (( ))))

Listen, H and I separated as soon as he said he wasn't happy, hadn't loved me for X amount of years (as we all know, this number changes lol, weekly).

H has a GF, got one almost right away. Has recently changed FB status to "In a Relationship" 'barf'

BUT....I could not have grown, could not have forgiven him and myself, could not truly want for his happiness if he had remained here. Our relationship now is better than it has been for years. If nothing but good friends and parents is the best that comes out of this, I will be okay.

I have nothing but admiration for all of those, like you, who have in home separations. The fact that you can grow and change while spouse is still there is really a testament to the amount of strength you have.

And you do smile

K
kenva Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks inside out. Hearing that helps me keep my head up high.

M 43
W 35
S 6
BD 7-11
Served 5-2-13
Sep agree signed 5-12-14
Divorced May 2
K
kenva Offline OP
OP Offline
K
W comes home after picking s up from school. She asks me if I spoke to and attorney and if I'm ready to sign on Fri. I told her I have an appointment on Mon. She got irate. She didn't know why I couldn't just ask over the phone. She told me to F off and I fn hate you. She said I am doing this on purpose and that I am passive aggressively fighting her. I staid calm thru out the whole thing. 30 min later she comes to me in the kitchen while I am cooking dinner and sais to me, you didn't expect me to react any different did you. She was calm. Telling me she could tell me the same thing the lawyer is going to tell me. The next thing you know is that the three of us are siting at the dinner table like a family. I just have to figure out how and if I am going to tell her that what she told me before,lets roll. Meaning she is ready to fight, that I got her on adultry.

M 43
W 35
S 6
BD 7-11
Served 5-2-13
Sep agree signed 5-12-14
Divorced May 2
S
S
what is your plan after closing on the house and she asks you to move out?

S
S
Don't give her any information you may be using against her in a legal battle.

I'm in the middle of one and it can get ugly. Do not sign anything without first consulting with an attorney.

She most likely will throw more temper tantrums and be venomous but keep your cool like you did tonight and do what is best for you and your child.

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
J
J
^^^ Sadly, I agree. Glad you remained calm, good for you!

Hold tight to adultery. I don't know about you, but for me when emotions run high, good or bad, I cannot STFU smile

But am learning...

K
kenva Offline OP
OP Offline
K
* Are there any other books out there that deal with midlife crisis?

Last edited by dbmod; 04/13/13 11:38 PM. Reason: Reference not recommended nor allowed.

M 43
W 35
S 6
BD 7-11
Served 5-2-13
Sep agree signed 5-12-14
Divorced May 2
D
D
Kenva. Please note edit above

dbmod
K
kenva Offline OP
OP Offline
K
So today is the day. I have my appointment w an attorney this morning and one tommorow. Really stressful this past weekend and started to feel some anxiety. I tried calming myself down and kept telling myself over and over, face your fear,face your fear. I need to stand up for myself. I did go out fri night and sun night. Both nights when I got home ,after they were asleep, the light in the hallway going up to my room was on. The one thing I did right before I called to make an appointment w the attorney was a small prayer. I pray every day that this nightmare would go away and she would come back. But I know there is a chance she won't. Today is the day and I need to stand my ground this evening w her when we talk.

M 43
W 35
S 6
BD 7-11
Served 5-2-13
Sep agree signed 5-12-14
Divorced May 2
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard