Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
M
M
Okay so I have been thinking about goals.

I have a few so I will list them here I guess. I would love some feedback.

First relationship goals.....
feel less like enemies. Meaning H will come over or speak and not be "edgy"
How to get there? Continue to not be baited into arguments or conversations where I blame or am critical. Try to give WOA. Smile, be upbeat, interested but not consumed, and continue to do my own thing.

Second.......I would love for him to actually show interest in me some way. Not particular which way but how are you? What are you doing? Just something he actually initiates.

GAL goals : JOB. -- Finances. I think it will do wonders for my PMA if I am completely supporting myself and the kids. I already am but don't really feel like I am. I lack confidence in this. One of my biggest fears is not being able to do that.
SCHOOL -- Not let the current situation derail my education and goals. Grad in March.
Other GAL- Spend more time doing outside the home activities library for ex.
Also considered the womens club and maybe a pottery class.
Look for a church. I am definitely needing the spiritual connection.
House- Continue clearing the clutter. If H does file I would like to not have a stressful move.
Also in the same category to work on the minor repairs that I am capable of doing.
Body clutter -- Incorporate SOME form of exercise. Not sure what at this point though. Yes, I know that is too vague. Perhaps I have too many goals?

J
J
That is a big GOAL list lol!! But good for you! ((()))

You can support yourself and kids, it is my fear too. I am fast tracking grad school in order to be out in workforce faster. It will be hard and money will be tight, but I think it will pay off in the long run. smile

I put up the Christmas lights AND a towel rack AND some pictures AND coat hooks...so can you smile

GOAL:
To go as dark as possible with two kids and shared finances. Means no first contact, short and sweet when we do. Look amazing, be friendly and capable.

F
F
Hi. I'm a bit conflicted with my goals. I have some that are H related and then some that are personal. This is just a start but wanted to get others opinion:

Goals for Relationship:

1. I would like H to move home by the end of June 2013.
2. I would like H to trust that he can love me without the fear of being hurt.
3. I would like H and I to have open communication
4. I would like both of us to have a balanced life of family, our relationship, friends, hobbies and a strong commitment to each other and our daughter.

Personal Goals:

1. I will continue to be the best mom I can be.
2. I will continue to follow the last resort technique
3. I will get out and actually DO things on my own and for myself
4. I will continue to pray and find a spiritual connection
5. I will practice thought stopping techniques
6. I will take care of myself
7. I will stop drowning myself and my friends in self pity.

This is just the start, I'm trying to read through DR but also work on my goals at the same time. I know I next have to define the action goals, what I will be doing, and then any signs to watch for.

What do you think? I find it difficult to define goals for H when I can't control what he will actually do.

D
dbmod Offline OP
OP Offline
D
In the new year -

This forum will be moved to "Staying Solution Focused".

dbmod
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard