Print Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
#2263709 07/19/12 02:50 PM
Z
zig Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
I stole this from ces

that there are gifts to these situations that take time to see. In the past I see how often I allowed life's circumstances to drive and move me. Even when I made choices, it was based upon what was happening to me rather than what direction I wanted to take. Now, through all this, I'm learning the power of conscious choice and conscious action towards who and what I want to be. And as I realize the liberation that goes along with this awareness, it brings a new revelation of how to be thankful even in times of trials.

time for a new thread and a step forward. I've been holding back for the last 3 days, not feeling ready to start a new thread, because that's a step. ces's words somehow propelled me over that last bump.

I'm making the conscious choice to step forward - again and again

thank you ces

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

Z
zig Offline OP
OP Offline
Z

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

C
C
Hey Zig, just to carry over from your last post. Glad my own journey can offer some assistance. I also know that I need to remind myself daily of these revelations to keep them active in how I view life.

Also, to follow up on this:

about knowing your adversary so you can fight them:

i know what i'm up against - but i'm done fighting - it's becoming a chore now, that i don't even care to participate in. do you know what i mean?

it's got to the point of being downright tiresome - his drama and his chaos.

I really do understand how tiring this gets, and just to clarify, when I mentioned "adversary" I was referring to our own thoughts and feelings that keep us down. This is part of the daily reminders to choose better thought habits that keep us going and not dwell on the negatives that drive us down.

You certainly don't have to take part in his drama. That is extremely tiring to carry someone else's drama and issues, especially when you don't really have to. Hope you find the path that helps you off-load that unnecessary baggage! Enjoy your day.

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
N
N
Originally Posted By: zig
I stole this from ces

that there are gifts to these situations that take time to see. In the past I see how often I allowed life's circumstances to drive and move me. Even when I made choices, it was based upon what was happening to me rather than what direction I wanted to take. Now, through all this, I'm learning the power of conscious choice and conscious action towards who and what I want to be. And as I realize the liberation that goes along with this awareness, it brings a new revelation of how to be thankful even in times of trials.

Now, how in the world am I going to be able to FIT this quote on a POST IT?? I will not have any mirror left. Seriously, that is awe inspiring.. thank you, CES.

Zig, from reading and watching you through your threads (that sounds a little creepy but you know what I mean smile ), I think too that these are growing pains. I think your feelings about this week need to be honored..and will also catapult you to some new awareness and growth. you are amazing, zig, in how you have taken every step of this journey as a way to grow, and i know that you will do it again this time. ((( )))

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
L
L
Yes, I always go through a very difficult stage and then come out having moved ahead.

Growing pains. I am know looking at them more positively because of the good feelings that come after.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Z
zig Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
you got me there ces - grin - glad you picked up on it and thanks for pointing it out to me.

glaring, eh?

i instantly thought of the adversary as h. no, no, no - when will i get it - the adversary here is when i let my focus drift - when i don't stay on my own path and choose to see his actions/behaviour as reasons to affect where i am

further detachment exercises being put into place pronto!!

thanks ces

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

Z
zig Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
memorize it !!

then you don't have to carry the mirror around (grin)

yes growing pains - plus PMS - bad combo!!

thanks for the lovely things you say ng - you have been encouraging me so much.

so i am going to focus today on how i can be thankful for this opportunity, with these dates and this trip - to learn something new about how i can be strong and focus still more on what's important

(( ))

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

Z
zig Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
yes labug - i'm just going to focus on the good feelings that i am going to get when i get through this little squeeze.

off to meditate

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

Z
zig Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
"Interruption" will be a word of power for you in the coming days. No, really: I'm not being ironic, sarcastic, or satirical. It is possible that the interruptions will initially seem inconvenient or undesirable, but I bet you will eventually feel grateful for their intervention. They will knock you out of grooves you need to be knocked out of. They will compel you to pay attention to clues you've been neglecting. Don't think of them as random acts of cosmic whimsy, but rather as divine strokes of luck that are meant to redirect your energy to where it should be.

my horoscope for this week from Rob Brezny.

and this - trying to figure this one out!!

SACRED ADVERTISEMENT
As a boy, renowned Spanish matador Manolete was a sissy. He rarely played outside, preferring to be near his mother as he read books and painted pictures.

Psychologist James Hillman explains this by suggesting that the youthful Manolete had already sensed his destiny, intuiting that one day he would be alone in the ring facing down angry 2,000-pound bulls. His childhood behavior was a way of marshaling his strength and shielding him from the enormity of the challenges he would seek out one day.

Is it possible that what you have considered a weakness or vulnerability has actually been preparing you to express a signature strength

hmm - trying to figure out which of my myriad weaknesses/vulnerabilities would apply here.

food for thought...

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

U
U
They are all your strengths, if you think about it.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard