Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
H
i am satisfied with my workouts and goals. timeframe might not happen. oh well.

my focus has been good until today. i got served D papers.

im sorry. you might have picked the wrong person to help

m:31 W:32
M:8 T:11
S:10
D:5
Bomb:1/07/12
Separated:4/23/12
Divorced: 12/12/12

~
~
hbsd, take the time you need to get through this. Use this as an opportunity to practice your focus. Yes, I understand it is a tough one so feel free to expect to not do well. In the same token, any time is a good time to practice.

When you are ready, post back here and let me know you are ready to review and possibly adjust.

H
H
hey kd...focus man.. i did it.. 11:51 on my run. i felt so good! ran with a smile on my face! i knew i was doin good. i felt it! i finally got that runners high i've been hearing about. i will post more later

~
~
Nice...! cool

Yes, post a follow up.

Remember that "place" and "feeling"... the zone...

THAT is focus!

H
H
my focus is good! i am actually feeling pretty good today. i have accepted where i am at. i cannot change the sitch. i am surprisingly ok with it. it isnt a good sitch. it just is. i control my thoughts and feelings. i am not mad. i dont want to live like that. i dont want to go through life being bitter. i want to be happy. everything happens for a reason. i am getting more in tune with myself every day. people notice that. i notice it. i wish i wasnt in this sitch. i am thankful for the growth opportunity though. without it, i would never be getting in touch with the real me. strong, compassionate, caring. that is good. really good.

what i want to work on is me still. recognizing harmful behaviors. reacting appropriately. i need to learn how to interact with people. how to make friends. im not good at that. i need to learn how to put the best foot forward and not dwell on negative behaviors. learn from them and move on.

im kind of rambling right now. if you get anything out of this let me know. =)

Originally Posted By: heartbrokeinsd
my focus is good! i am actually feeling pretty good today. i have accepted where i am at. i cannot change the sitch. i am surprisingly ok with it. it isnt a good sitch. it just is. i control my thoughts and feelings. i am not mad. i dont want to live like that. i dont want to go through life being bitter. i want to be happy.

excellent. Being bitter hurts YOU. No one else. Being bitter attracts very little positives into your life.

Believe that you deserve to be happy and that YOU can create that for yourself. Happiness comes from within and it radiates into our lives.

It does not fall into our laps. Aristotle said "happiness is a virtue" and he meant, I believe, that we make it for ourselves. We don't "Wait" for it. Make sense?

As for meeting people, that means GAL and JOINING things. Clubs, writers groups, classes, churches, volunteer organizations, community theater, sports, etc. NOT people related to the situation. New stimulating people and if and when you can afford it, going to new places. Travelling.

Long ago I read Dale Carnegie's book on "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and it really did help me meet people. It helped me LIKE them and that shows. When people feel liked by you and that you care about their thoughts or what they have to say, when you Listen well,

THEY LIKE YOU. Pretty simple really.

Being interested in THEM, genuinely believing they each could teach me something no matter how "low" on the totem pole or boring they might seem, helps you connect.

That applied even to the Down syndrome neighbor I had b/c when I first read that in Carnegie's book (i.e., how "everyone can teach you SOMETHING") I sort of scoffed and I wondered what my mentally challenged neighbor could "teach" me.

Guess what? She taught me charity, cheerfulness and joy.

I never forgot that lesson.

And of course the truly fascinating people love to talk about what makes them fascinating so either way, you will be connecting with people in meaningful ways. That's what making friends means, imo.

Good for you!

everything happens for a reason. i am getting more in tune with myself every day. people notice that. i notice it. i wish i wasnt in this sitch. i am thankful for the growth opportunity though. without it, i would never be getting in touch with the real me. strong, compassionate, caring. that is good. really good.

indeed

what i want to work on is me still. recognizing harmful behaviors. reacting appropriately. i need to learn how to interact with people. how to make friends. im not good at that.

"I am improving on that as I grow."

i need to learn how to put the best foot forward and not dwell on negative behaviors. learn from them and move on.

im kind of rambling right now. if you get anything out of this let me know. =)

I got something out of it.

cool

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
H
H
thanks 25..you made some great points. i will definitely look to learn from everyone i meet. there is alot of truth to that. i will read that book when i end my reading strike. thank you for yours words of wisdom. they mean alot

H
H
sooooo???kd whats up?

~
~
same ol', same ol' dakota... smile

Where's your brain at, these days? Focus working for you?

H
H
focus is good. my brain is on the right track so to speak. just trying to get through everyday with a smile on my face. taking care of stuff all on my own is new to me yet i am figuring it out. aa promises seem to be coming true.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard