Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
J
How are you doing today Jessica, did you try the library or park yet? Other than that how are you?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

J
J
Besides the fact that it is our anniversary I am doing okay. And the fact that we keep getting sick. I had horrible sinuses and a miserable sinus headache last night. My husband was very nice and got me medicine and picked up pizza. Then when I got home from work today, my daughter had a rash all over her body and I had to take her to the doctor. She's fine but just the sort of week I've been having.

We actually went to the library on my day off (Tuesday) and she had a great time. It was fun.

Me:29; W:37
T: 6
M: 4
D: 2; SD: 14; SS: 17
H filed D: 6/13/12; H moved out: 6/14/12
H moved back in: 6/28/12
Confirmed EA: 8/12
J
J
Sorry you are sick.

How did you do with the anniversary? No comments or anything?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

J
J
Thank you. I'm still a little congested but not too bad.

I'm doing fine. Didn't mention it to him at all. He has to know it's today because it's the day after his mom's bday and he remembered that yesterday. He's sleeping right now. He hasn't slept much lately so maybe he doesn't remember. Guess it doesn't matter either way. But I will not mention it because it will not do anything to get me closer to my goal of restoring our relationship. It will just make me moody and needy and mean and we would probably end up fighting.

J
J
Good for you. : )

Very good for you.

J
J
Thank you. I have been trying. Somedays are easier than others. Depends on my mood and how stressed I am. That is definitely when I need to focus on my goals the most and just keep my mouth shut!

J
J
How are you doing Jessica? How is co-habitating?

J
J
It's weird. We have been on opposite shifts lately so we hadn't seen each other a lot. We're both pulling our fair share of work and getting along well. I talked to him a bit last night when I got home because he was still awake. I told him that I thought that we could really work this out if we tried and we talked calmly. Well really I talked and he listened, which was good, at least he didn't ignore me or walk away. He did bring up the fact of how long it took me to get a job and how I told him I wouldn't before (which is true - I was horrible about that). But he had told me in the past that going back to work wouldn't necessarily prevent our divorce. I wish I would have gone back to work before and maybe he'd be more willing to work on our marriage, but I didn't. I can't change the past. I have been trying very hard to change things in myself that need to be changed but I can't change the past. I really don't know where we are because he doesn't talk very much. The divorce is final in a month and I am terrified.

Been very busy with work and getting things ready for school. I've been trying to keep up with everything I need to do. It's been a challenge but we've been making it through.

Anything in particular you think I should be working on?

D
D
Nice to see you back Jack!

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
J
J
Sorry was AFK for a couple of days.

My advice is to keep doing what you have been doing and getting better at it. While the end of the month is coming? Who is to say exactly what will happen at the end of the month. The best laid plans of mice and men...often go awry.

You talked which is good, he listened which is better, and you realize that you cannot change the past which is great. Show him that you are changing by doing what you are doing.

OK?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard