Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
V
OP Offline
V
Hi Brit - thanks for asking about me. I had kind of a pity party for myself today. Was on the bus on the way to meet up with some friends and kept seeing families with young kids out for father's day. I felt sad that that's not something I'll be doing anytime soon, instead here I am on the city bus by myself.

Do I miss him? I certainly miss having the constant companion. Am I missing H, specifically, right now given the way he's acted recently? Ehh...

Things have gotten awkward for me a bit recently. H and I were extensive travelers and I've gotten a number of questions from people who don't know about our situation asking if we have any big summer trips planned. They all seem surprised when I tell them not really, just going home to visit family (by myself). So it both svcks that a) I don't have any big trips lined up and b) I am not traveling anywhere with H.

Z
zig Offline
Z
can you go on a trip yourself, verb - that would feel good wouldn't it?

today was probably a hard day for a lot of us because it was father's day. i know it was for me. we need to see it for what it was and just move on from it.

about missing h specifically - you hit it on the spot - i think eventually we miss more the feeling of the unit and connection we had rather than the person themselves - part of the detachment, and facing the reality of what it really is that we are missing

hope you are feeling better by now

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

V
OP Offline
V
Hey zig. At some point down the road I would be able to do a trip by myself (or at least with friends). There are some logistical and financial issues right now that preclude it. I am doing another trip home in a few weeks, so I am looking forward to that.

I am feeling a little better. H is going out of town for nearly 2 weeks straight. I'm toying with the idea of doing some guerilla home improvement (painting a room) while he's gone. I also agreed to craft a bunch of things as gifts so I need to get that done because my craft table is in the guest bedroom where he's been staying.

I have all of my notes and questions printed out for my call with Cheryl today. A LOT of notes, haha! I'm going to have to figure out how to summarize them so the hour isn't taken up just by me reading them all! smile

V
OP Offline
V
Well, it's official: Cheryl said she'd never seen a situation where someone was so pursuant but still serving D papers. Congrats, H!

Maybe my next thread will be titled "The Pursuing WAH."

B
B
I love that title!!!! I think he's gonna flip out a la Brit circa March 2012 once he understands he's lost you.

Also if you want to visit me across the pond come on over! smile

J
jks Offline
J
Interesting!!

Me: 32 H: 32
M 9 yrs
#1 D7 #2 S5 #3 D2
Bomb 8/12/11
H moved out 8/14/11
PA started w/H & OW in 1/12 - found out 3/24/12
Got my own place 8/25/12
H & OW move in together 9/15/12
Still married.

S
S
i knew it! he's really confusing us all! i can't imagine how you feel. talk about mixed signals...

M:63
H:53
S:41, SS:28, SS:25, SD:23
M:15
T:16

Bomb:12/17/11, "I think we should go our separate ways."
H moves to his mother's house, 4/1/12
12/21/12: H moves back home, piecing

B
B
I hope the talk with Cheryl helped you with your next steps.

((( )))

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
V
OP Offline
V
Well H is off on his 12-day trip. I think he's actually stopping in the house Friday but will be leaving again before I'm home from work. I haven't heard from him at all today, which is a little unusual but less so because it's a travel day.

I borrowed a car to run some errands after work. What freedom! (I don't have a car... but now I want one!) Picked up some crafting supplies so I'm going to get started on that and then try to get to the gym tonight.

Earlier I'd mentioned sending an email to H and his friends about not going on a group vacation earlier this summer. I thought about it and realized I was reacting emotionally to being served, so I never sent it. I talked about it with Cheryl and she agreed that I should hold it in my pocket for now . . . a lot could happen in a few months and the trip could get canceled anyway and then it would be moot that I'm not going. So, we'll see how things develop.

She thought it was great that I never told him that I'd been served. About 9 days passed before I told him. (What a crack legal team he's got, they can't even send an email to say "Done.").

She actually suggested I contact a realtor to get an idea of what the house might be able to go for (without telling H immediately). I'll ponder that. If it is valued for less than we paid for it, that's not necessarily a bad thing right now. We'll see...

V
OP Offline
V
PS Brit - thanks for the invite wink I had actually been hoping to make a jump back across the pond this year after the Olympics, before my current passport expired... not really in the cards right now. But someday.

But this reminds me - maybe I'll work on getting some not-atrocious headshots and work on my passport renewal application over the next few weeks...

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard