Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
V
OP Offline
V
No Cheryl until Monday! Have to figure out how I'm going to make it through the weekend . . .

Separate hamper is a good idea. I stopped doing his laundry a long time ago.

Also I realized at the concert that I did not really feel like there was any "special" connection between us. It felt more like he was just another person who was "there."

B
B
Quote:
It felt more like he was just another person who was "there."

I think this is what people mean when they say it will be a new R if you do reconcile

V
OP Offline
V
BTW my cainer cast this week has been all about being diplomatic, today it says - "An optimist who sincerely wishes to assist a pessimist must be patient, diplomatic and willing to concede the existence of some potential problems. Tread gently today." I think he does this to mess with DB'ers' minds wink

S
S
When I was away for the week, my husband did his laundry. And my laundry. And he washed the sheets for me, since he had been sleeping in the bedroom. Why? I have no idea.

B
B
Fajitas, laundry.... Seriously what do these WASs want? And do they expect us to have no reaction to them except all accepting? They need us to respond to their 'acts of kindness' to alleviate their guilt. That's what I'm starting to think.

Someone said earlier in this stich or another that once we start doing things differently it means the WAS loses his/her justification for leaving in the first place. So they try and push our buttons so we lapse into our old selves.

Let's not let that happen

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
N
N
Originally Posted By: bustingout

Someone said earlier in this stich or another that once we start doing things differently it means the WAS loses his/her justification for leaving in the first place. So they try and push our buttons so we lapse into our old selves.

Let's not let that happen

Love that, i think it is true. Vera, do you think H is trying to push any buttons?

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: needgrace
Vera, do you think H is trying to push any buttons?

I'm not sure. The button where he does the bulk of cleaning up the kitchen? The fajita button?

I feel like he's a little too dense right now to be trying to push buttons. I don't think he's actively testing to see if it would be safe to come back.

B
B
No I think they mean push the buttons to see the things or reasons they believe the M should be over

B
B
Yes thats what I meant

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
V
OP Offline
V
Because we weren't really antagonistic, I'm having a hard time of identifying which buttons he might be pushing.

I have noticed that, since the bomb, in addition to his compulsive kitchen cleaning, at one point he said something like "I was going to go do X but I figured I would stay in the kitchen and clean up because that's important." I don't remember what my response was but it was probably along the lines of "Sure, I guess."

I'm just not really sure right now what he could possibly be trying to draw out of me by testing me. Then again I'm so exhausted from gym+concert+little sleep that I'm feeling pretty dense today.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard