Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
B
B
Even taking small steps towards a goal that seems huge is good. A lot can happen and best to be in a good spot in case it does. Plus I just think it makes you feel good!

V
OP Offline
V
I made the mistake of looking at houses for sale in my neighborhood. . . there are some pretty cute places that are generally affordable and if I took on a roommate (I'm working hard to convince one of my co-workers, haha) it would be supremely affordable and MUCH cheaper than renting something similar. Tempted to agree to sell my house and not look back . . . wink

In all seriousness I am going to talk to a mortgage officer to see what situation I'm in to purchase something on my own, so that I can be prepared in the future. Rates are so low right now it would be almost silly not to consider it seriously.

B
B
I don't where I read this but I read that we can't be afraid if we're informed. The more information you get the more options you can consider and it won't seem so daunting.

Good luck!

V
OP Offline
V
You're right - fear comes from not knowing, many times.

H has sent me two "funny" messages since he left (although I didn't hear from him at all yesterday until around 9pm, when he emailed me a "funny" tee shirt). I haven't responded.

R
R
"it is a type of mental assertiveness that allows people to maintain their boundaries and psychic integrity when faced with the emotional demands of another person or group of persons."

Ver I found this definition on detachment thought you migh like it.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

V
OP Offline
V
Hey Rick - thanks, I appreciate it!

Z
zig Offline
Z
^^^ i like that!!

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

V
OP Offline
V
Another email from H with a link to something relevant to my interests.

It's almost odd not having him here after he'd been here for a few weeks straight. I can really spread out and relaaaaaax.

Of note - I'd emailed both of his parents (separately) related to health concerns that H had told me about. They both responded with nice, but restrained notes. It's odd to think of them as STBX-IL's/non-family members.

Geez - it's almost TOO quiet in here tonight!! Better go put on some music...

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard