Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
V
V
Originally Posted By: needgrace
I will send one reply to not prolong contact. I will be cordial but professional, not personal. I think that is what grace would do... and who i want to be. i do not want to make things more difficult for her but i also want to maintain my boundaries.

This is a good strategy.

Remember.. you matter too. If you need to take care of things out of responsibility, ie: taxes.. then do it.

Things in regards to the separation or possible D, do at your own pace.

Let her do the leg work and do only what you can emotionally handle.

M(f): 40
D'ed: 8/12

Show empathy when there's pain. Show grace when warranted. Kindness in the midst of anger. Faith in the face of fear.

Love at all costs because you are loved well.
B
B
It is a sign of grace and poise that with all the emotions and feelings and things left unsaid that may be raging inside that you are handling her Socratic (and at the moment slightly persistent) contact in such a matter. I'm so proud and a bit envious not gonna lie! You are the queen of NC!

N
OP Offline
N
Thank you, Val. She did ask one question that I thought was for the D papers and for which she should have all the info readily at hand, so I ignored it. Thanks for the reminder of remembering my needs too. I often feel obliged to provide people what they need without considering me.. In this instance though, I waited and read it again with that in mind. Then I changed when I would send her something based on my schedule, not hers. It is amazing how our stuff can come out in a seemingly innocuous short message. smile

Thank you too, Brit. The Queen of NC...LOL!! I will wear the crown proudly! Actually, imho, NC is much easier than what you are doing... acting "as if" was a bear for me. I am envious of your strength there.

And Brit...I looked up the astrology sites you mentioned and for me, June 1 - 11 is supposed to bring financial opportunities. Well, two new ones have fallen in my lap the past two days... I am just not sure if I have the time for them. Amazing! I don't typically read those, but now I am intrigued....

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
B
B
I meant sporadic! haha auto correct FAIL

I'm telling you that astrologyzone made me a convert it's very very strange. The first time I read it I read a friend of mine's sign too and it said you may even be getting married this week and HE WAS!

N
OP Offline
N
and to be honest, Brit, I stole your dog/birthday sign idea today too.. more proof of the need for WWBD? posters/bumper stickers/t-shirts... i see a whole new business idea. smile

it is our niece's 20th. she loved it. Thanks!

"W not happy" 7/11
B
B
TBH not my idea, my coworker's boyfriend sent it to her when they'd started dating he put a sign that said Hi [coworkers name] and said that the dog had been asking for her ever since their last date. They've been together 2 years now!

I put on the text "look who made you a card" MIL said so gorgeous we all remarked on her wonderful penmanship. LOL

I would gladly go into business partnership with you haha!!! Let's take over the world!

N
OP Offline
N
LOL!

I was just on tumblr and there is a blog called Dear Old Love.. all the posts are notes to old loves..

This one caught my eye:
"I have run out of excuses to convince myself it’s ok to talk to you."

but i really laughed at this one:

"When we were together I felt like I needed to constantly know what you were doing, I thought I was just because I loved you. Now, I realize it was really because I didn’t trust you."

anyone can submit a post, i think we can come up with a few good ones here...

"W not happy" 7/11
N
OP Offline
N
i must be feeling better, i am getting really silly lately smile

"W not happy" 7/11
Z
zig Offline
Z
that's good, we all need a bit of silly - actually a lot:)

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

zig #2252478 06/08/12 09:43 PM
B
B
Dear old love, 7 years, 2555 mornings....you never once blew your nose. My day starts much quieter without the constant sniffling.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard