Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Glad the quote was helpful.

When I first started on this board, I read post where people talked about becoming friends with people here. I was so skeptical of that. Come on, it's online!

But you do become friends and when friends hurt, I hurt. I know they are strong, fabulous women and will come out better than OK but getting to OK can be so painful.

And then we see those who are in the early stages of reconciling. This place is a roller coaster, too.

My life is good. I've arrived at yet another level of detachment. For those new here, yes, there are different levels.

Every level is a gift as we become more secure in ourselves and happy to just be.

So, that's all I have to say tonight.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
H
H
hey.. im not a woman..lol

m:31 W:32
M:8 T:11
S:10
D:5
Bomb:1/07/12
Separated:4/23/12
Divorced: 12/12/12

V
V
((bug))

lol @ HBinSD

B
B
new level of detachment made me smile. So true. You always think I have detached and then you do again!

L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
It's been a good weekend, so far.

I had a week off without really planning it. I've been working every other F, S, S (12h) which gives me more time off during the week. I had bid on a shift for Th, which I didn't get so it's been good. I wish I had realized it before it was actually here, I would have planned a quick trip to the cool north country.

I've put the time to good use as I did some major reorganizing and cleaning. That always makes things seem lighter.

Yesterday the sons and I trimmed out big mesquite tree. Always a dreaded job as it has thorns that are about 1-inch and tough. If you step on one, you are hurting. Managed to avoid that but do have a few scrapes. The tree looks beautiful today. I can look out there and think "Wow, we did a great job!"

Went to visit MIL yesterday. Haven't seen her in a while as visits were difficult for both of us. Today is her birthday and the sons and I wanted to visit to wish her Happy 86th Birthday. we took a card and the fixings for root beer floats. That was a treat she liked to do for the boys when they were young so we thought we would turn the tables on her and provide her with the treat.

It was a good visit. No mention of H. I did get to see my marriage played out on her digital photo frames but it didn't bother me as it had in the past. It is what it is.

When I called to set up a time to visit, she told me H was there (he takes her to do grocery shopping). I laughed and said, "Well, I won't come down now." So we arranged a time in the afternoon. She called me at about noon to let me know "The coast is clear."

Today, not much on the schedule. The air compressor's suddenly not working so I have to find a hand pump for my bike tires.

So spoiled, I've been.

I'm going to start my week out with this wise thought:

I have no preconceived notion about what's going to happen because I'm always surprised.
I have no reason to believe it's going to be anything but a great experience.
I open myself up to the experience and the gift that's being given to me.
~Keb Mo

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
H
H
sounds like a great weekend. the shutoff switch isnt flipped on the compressor is it? some have them.

i am glad you turned me on to keb mo. i like his stuff.

i want a root beer float now! lol

m:31 W:32
M:8 T:11
S:10
D:5
Bomb:1/07/12
Separated:4/23/12
Divorced: 12/12/12

R
R
Labug, what a treat to still have a great relationship with your MIL. That's really good for the boys to continue making positive experiences/memories with her.

I've had some baffling moments with our air compressor too. For now it works and the boys are able to help me with it when needed.

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have to look more closely at the compressor. It could be. It's not getting power at all. (I checked the breaker and the cords, etc) I spent some time reading the manual yesterday and getting up close and personal with it.

Luckily didn't need it yesterday. I am wicked with the reciprocating saw. Best tool ever made!

Keb Mo-my latest obsession. He's like butter with honey.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
R
R
You are a pioneer woman!

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Is she your neighbor? Pioneer Woman is in OK.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard