Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
B
B
Quote:
I am angry that she had promised that we would go to therapy if we ever had problems and she didn't. (Well, 2 times, but that is not going to therapy...)

I am angry that she promised that if she ever had feelings for someone else that we would try and work things out instead of just bailing, and she bailed.

I am angry that she has taken something which most of the time was truly beautiful (our M) and reinvented it in her head to be something subpar.

HEY! I know those feelings. I recognize them. You feel betrayed. You feel like you signed up for one thing and got given something else. Yes! I know! I felt like that and still sometimes do. (He thinks I went on vacation with the girls TWICE. I only went once a month before we split. and he said really angry and then you went with them AGAIN...err no I didn't)

It's hard but you have to say to yourself. There's nothing that I can do about broken promises I can either be angry with is covering my hurt. Or just say yes that happened and now this is where we are and I can only deal with now. I think it's a stage moving towards detach. First we feel hurt, then we feel angry for everything they didn't do, then we accept where we are right now!

So I took a page out of your book and signed up for a 10 mile run. This is a big deal for me haha

N
OP Offline
N
Team DB, thank you for all the positive thoughts and wishes. You all are amazing!

I had a wonderful time with my SIL. Once I saw her, I did not feel nervous anymore. We hugged and laughed and shared... it felt so good to see her and even when she mentioned W, I did not have the pit in my stomach that I thought I would.

She was very supportive and wanted to verbalize her confusion and feelings about what had happened, confirming much of how I have felt about the M. I was careful not to say much about W, take responsibility for my role and re-focus on my growth and my wishes for W's happiness.

I am so glad that I saw her. (Thank you Val for helping me confront my fear.) I was able to see my own growth too in not reacting, in detaching, in staying positive and confident.

I feel so good! Thank you all so very very much for being such a large part of my growth and healing. I still have quite a way to go and will need more 2x4s to be the person I want to be. smile

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
B
B
Fantastic news! I found myself thinking of you and wondering how it went!

You should feel pretty proud of yourself!

L
L
It is good to face our fears.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
S
Good job! And the triathlon thing... Yeesh! GAL is one thing, but no need to be extreme about it. wink

V
V
Glad to hear it went so well!!

C
C
Originally Posted By: needgrace
I feel so good! Thank you all so very very much for being such a large part of my growth and healing. I still have quite a way to go and will need more 2x4s to be the person I want to be. smile

None are needed right now, smile smile smile
you are right that this is a long journey
but the good news is you get to write what happens to YOU.

That is the part that YOU CAN CONTROL.

Me-70, D37,S36
N
OP Offline
N
Thank you everyone!

It felt so incredible to come back online and see such support and encouragement. You all are the best!

I went hiking today to a waterfall with some friends. It was so beautiful. The waterfall had a small pool of water and one of my friends jumped in and went and stood under the falls. I decided to follow. It was exhilirating standing under the power of the falls. I was so glad that I did it. I remembered how W said that I am too cautious and felt really good about myself for going in...

We went with a group and I met some great new people...

And best of all, I did not really miss W. I just had fun. smile

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
H
H
grace-

that is so cool you did that. way to step out of your comfort zone! sounds like you enjoyed yourself. i miss waterfalls. when we lived in idaho we would always go to this certain one. it was kind of "our special place". i miss it. there is nothing like the falls coming down on you.

also good job meeting new people. that is never easy.

m:31 W:32
M:8 T:11
S:10
D:5
Bomb:1/07/12
Separated:4/23/12
Divorced: 12/12/12

V
V
That sounds amazing!!!

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis