Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
JCJ #2239787 04/22/12 04:45 AM
D
dbmod Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: JCJ
Well I don't know if I am a vet but I survived and came out the other side and am so much happier than I ever was, I think that would be my main achievement.

This was a huge learning curve for me and I wish it had been less traumatic but then I wouldn't have learnt the lessons I needed to.

My exh was in his 20s and went through a huge life crisis after nearly dying through a long serious illness that be still has. He had an affair, bought (bad!!) new clothes, new car, idiot new friends, new girl etc. We have been divorced a year and a half now and separated since 2007.

What I learnt

- that you can't help people that don't want your help.
- rejection is heartbreaking but most of the time it is more about the other person than you.
- take responsibility for yourself. Look at your contributions to your marriage and learn from your mistakes. Do not blame yourself and dwell too much, forgive yourself, learn and move on.
- life is for living, enjoy yourself and be present because time is too precious to waste. You won't get your children's childhoods back ( or your late 20s in my case).
- life may not be what you envisioned but it has a funny way of working out.
- this will take time, allow yourself time to heal from the hurt and know (I promise) that things will get better.
- lastly, and most importantly take opportunities as they come along. This is time for growth, use it wisely.

I thought divorce was the worst thing ever, I do still feel shame about it and it is a sore spot, however I have accepted it and embraced opportunities as they have come my way.

You will survive whether your marriage is saved or not, you will be stronger and most probably a better person for this hideous experience called separation.

beautiful

dbmod
dbmod #2250566 06/01/12 10:13 PM
D
dbmod Offline OP
OP Offline
D
^

dbmod
dbmod #2250574 06/01/12 10:55 PM
I suppose the success is still being written since I am not dead!

I am honored that a person like Grit would mention me since I admired and respected his advice beyond measure.

cat
Mach
Gritter
BITS
Faith AK
MICHELLELT

and SO many others...

BITS

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard