Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
J
J
the cake is a lie.

anyone?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

~
~
It is possible that the cake is just a form of manipulation... or blatant sarcasm that one cannot HAVE their cake... and EAT it...

Unless it has some deeper meaning regarding a birthday...

but...

we should not mind read...

grin

C
C
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
the cake is a lie.

anyone?

It looks like a REAL picture to me!

smile smile smile

And the wishes are REAL too!

Me-70, D37,S36
W
W
Don't forget your free Grand Slam from Denney's. Guess that could be your minutes 'til midnight meal...... after partying all day and night!

Happy Birthday!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
T
T
These are not the cakes you are looking for....

?

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

~
~
hmmmmm....

cheesecakeless tunnels... ???

T
OP Offline
T
Wendy,

The only Dennys in town closed 2 months ago due to what the owner reported as "not having enough people to fully staff the place and keep employment." Don't know if that meant they weren't paying them enough to keep help or what but I was looking forward to the grand slam for a while back.

I will stop by the local bar for a free B-day drink, but other than that I look forward to a quiet night. So far all my co-workers have sent me a muffin, card, and an ice cream bar. I share a birthday with a psychiatrist on staff so we have been celebrating together.

M:35
W:33
M: 5 yrs.
Daughter: 2 yr .7/11/10
D Final: 8/7/12
T
OP Offline
T
I spent a wonderful weekend with my D1. We spent 2 solid days together and played at the park, roughhoused, and watched cartoons.

This weekedn's been rough for STBXW I guess. She called on Sat. morning telling me she was sick and was probably food poisoning, but did not want to chance giving D1 the flu (she had D1 at the time.) She called all her friends, who would not watch D1 for her and was angling for me to take her for the day/night. I informed her that I had to work within an hour, but if she was still feeling bad after my shift, I would be happy to pick up D1. STBXW took me up on it.

The next day all I got were texts from STBXW asking about how D1 was doing.

Yesterday I got a text telling me to call her because it was urgent. Apparently STBXW just found out that her new apartment fell through and that she might not have a place to stay by the end of the week. The old apartment has already been rented out sao she needs to be out. She was sobbing. I listened and assured her that D1 would be ok as D1 always has a place to stay with me. STBXW thanked me for listening and asked that I bring D1 to her workplace so she could see her for comfort.

I complied with the request and STBXW thanked me repeatedly even touching my hand several itmes, which is more interaction than we have had in 7 months.

I am very skeptical about if what she is saying is true or if this is another ploy regarding divorce preceedings. All this seems very coincidental that something bad happens everytime I am about to get back on my feet again and detach.

I guess we'll see what this weekend holds as I will have D1 for 5 days straight, as STBXW is supposed to be moving.

M:35
W:33
M: 5 yrs.
Daughter: 2 yr .7/11/10
D Final: 8/7/12
W
W
Funny how that goes, pushmepullu the official animal of MLC!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
B
B
So true, Wendy.

TM, keep detached, but be there for D1. She is all that counts at this point. Your W has to earn her way back, if that's what she's angling for. I would also be very suspicious ... just when she needs you, then she's willing to cry on your shoulder. Where's the OM? Here's where one sees that the grass isn't greener on the other side. In fact, it seems to be downright brown and dead.

Wishing you well. And have fun with D1 this week. laugh

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard