it's OK to feel good about them smile

just remember to keep yourself grounded too

because ultimately

you are the person that makes yourself happy

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: verab754
Oh, Ro, don't apologize for the long post, you had a lot of wonderful things to share! I know how scary it can be to just "live" and that is something I struggle with, too. You're a few months ahead of me so it's great to see that there can be hope (although things are not looking so hot for me right now). Keep up the great work you've been doing!

Trust me...when I first started I was HOPELESS. Then it became more about me than him. That I could lose some baggage and become a better me - now that gave me hope!

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: figgeroni
all those things sound great...

it's OK to feel good about them smile

just remember to keep yourself grounded too

because ultimately

you are the person that makes yourself happy

So true fig! SO TRUE!

Happy and loving life.
L
L
nothing to post, it's just that every time I read the title of your thread Freeway of Love plays in my head and I'm dancin' in my seat..

...in my pink Cadillac

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: labug
nothing to post, it's just that every time I read the title of your thread Freeway of Love plays in my head and I'm dancin' in my seat..

...in my pink Cadillac

We goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
Wind's against our back
We goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
In my pink Cadillac

Glad I could add some sunshine to your day. :-)

Happy and loving life.
J
jks Offline
J
Ro, just read your thread here and, wow, it is inspiring! I am so happy for you and your success throughout this journey. To hear my H tell me he loves me again and to have him want to hug me and kiss me would truly be a miracle! I hope you realize that you really have something special here.

Yes, stay grounded... but enjoy this. You deserve it!

Me: 32 H: 32
M 9 yrs
#1 D7 #2 S5 #3 D2
Bomb 8/12/11
H moved out 8/14/11
PA started w/H & OW in 1/12 - found out 3/24/12
Got my own place 8/25/12
H & OW move in together 9/15/12
Still married.

L
LIO Offline
L
Ro I love your story - thank you for posting it. To get a card like that would be amazing, it's so crazy how the simplest thing like saying "I love you" becomes so important.

Me& h + S
M: 13 t: 14

H moved 2/12. Own apt 05/12, EAs, PAs, gfriends, oh my!
I'm done. 12/12

"I get knocked down, but I get up again.. you're never gonna keep me down" Chumbawumba
R
OP Offline
R
Well, crazy returned the day after our anniversary. I realized that OW had posted the following message on my FB post about us going out for our anniversary (I had tagged my H in the post): Congratulations you guys!!! And included two hearts after it. :-\

I was LIVID needless to say. I tried not to go off on H about it because he hadn't seen it either, and I realize he can't "control" what she does. I think I might have yelled this at him at one point in the conversation, "I've been dealing with all this drama for FIVE months. And I can't even have ONE day? Not ONE FREAKING DAY?" He tried to calm me down when I started talking about inflicting bodily harm. I also had some other great friends trying to talk me off the edge of the ledge at all. I appreciate them so much. ;-)

I ended up going to Bible Study that night, and it helped. H hugged and kissed me several times before I left...once he managed to get me to sit down and stop pacing. The last time I think he was tearing up. I asked him what was wrong and he just said nothing.

H said he would handle it, so the next day I asked him and he said he did...because that was ridiculous. I said well from her point of view probably not. He said yes it was ridiculous. I just left it alone.

I managed to finally let it go (mostly - being honest here), and the rest of the week was fine. My Mother's Day/Anniversary gifts finally arrived last night: a Swedish Massage cushion and the first two books from the Game of Thrones series. He said I had been talking about my back so much that he thought this would be helpful. It is. Used it last night and I just might become a WAS and marry that thing. LOL

Anyway, looking forward to the weekend. Got a few things to do, but definitely going to try and relax. Some of my friends have been telling me to just live. Gonna see how that plays out this weekend. :-)

Happy and loving life.
V
V
I would have deleted that message so fast! Enjoy your weekend!

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: verab754
I would have deleted that message so fast! Enjoy your weekend!

I thought about it. But that would actually be playing right into her hand...I figured this out afterwards.

She'll get hers. Trust me! *evil laugh*

Happy and loving life.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard