Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I will take your word for it, but in this moment it seems like coming back is the last thing she would want to do. It's like day one all over again and I'm the biggest a-hole on the planet. Again, I have really worked so hard to be a better man, father and husband and she can only see negatives. I'm just pretty much tired of being beat up and made to be the bad guy based off of a course of action SHE chose.

It hurts like hell, but I have got to distance myself. I don't know if her hateful email from yesterday was just a bad, heated reaction to everything that built up with the settlement hearing and her frustration with not being able to take him for 20 days - but I just can't take anymore punches. Not after the work that I have done, not after how hard I tried.

Sad thing is, I still want her back.....my family back. But I can't be a punching bag when she refuses to see her role in the creation of the consequences that she is hating right now. Nope. Just blame me.

C
C
And BTW, was that 20 consecutive days??? If so, that's ridiculous of her to even ask. Even if it's not consecutive, she doesn't have a right to be angry with you for saying no. She wants to take him with her because she doesn't want to go without him that long, but she expects you to be fine with it.

Me:49 WAW H:59
T:19.5 M:19
S:13
L
L
Crimson, I don't post much to you anymore but have definitely been following. I'm sorry for what your going through right now.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
19, to be exact, CV. Much earlier we had discussed it and I told her I was willing to be flexible because she was showing signs of wanting to work on R....even said as much. Under those circumstances, I was will to do whatever it takes to help her heal and get our family back on track over time. Even if it meant her taking some time off back home with S for a few weeks.

Once she indicated that she didn't want to work on things, i.e. "I would encourage you to go find someone new and have more kids" - that was it for me. Now, I don't know if she was saying that out of anger to hurt me because she was pissed about the settlement hearing, but she said it. And I am taking it as she means it. My ability to be flexible in the name of repairing our lives together is gone. She wanted a lawyer, she wanted a divorce - then she can live with the terms that result from that.

For the record, even under the BEST of circumstances if I would have asked her for 19 consecutive days she would have told me to go to hell. EVERYTHING that I have asked for time-wise (and it hasn't been much) she has rejected- the holidays, parts of his birthday - and so on. I am surprised she doesn't have to book a third seat on the plane for her enormous set of balls.

Sorry, just hurt and angry and in disbelief. And, sadly, still in love. But I know it is time to let it go for now, possibly forever.

Crimson

C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Shaky - what happened in that one year waiting period you set for yourself? What was the period of time filled with? How did you act? How did your w act?

I ask because I am trying to figure out what to do. My friends say dating is not a wise option right now - and I am inclined to believe them there. Though, I do miss going out and enjoying female company - true story. I just know that I am nowhere NEAR emotionally available right now

Anyhoooo, just curious. You don't have to answer if you would rather keep it private.

C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Had a nice talk with my mom this morning - who is no longer in the "w is evil" camp - though w would never belive that.

I didn't give much detail, but she kinda thinks W is confused and lost a bit too based on the mixed messages I get from time to time. I told her that it is pretty much time for me to pull back a bit because I don't think me being as "present" as I have been has helped matters much. Maybe it has made things worse.

After the "nasty-gram" she sent yesterday I find it best to not respond. Maybe she will feel bad about it after a few days - maybe not - but it was certainly over the line and intended to hurt me.

As I have said, I still love her tremendously and I STILL hope we can get things ironed out. But at this point, she needs to be away from me if this is to ever get any better.

Crimson

S
S
Crimson, you would have had the same outcome in court even if you had not tried to get her to tell you what her idea of working on a R was. Well, I suppose if you had been willing to let her have your S all the time, it could have gone worse.....for you. But if you had not made the attempt to talk about her intentions, you could have spent a good chunk of your life playing the same game and her holding all the cards. It appears that she is guilty of the very things she accused you of doing, only she doesn't see or own her wrong actions.

I hope you will apply "dropping the rope" b/c I think that is the only thing that will have any positive results. I may have already given you my picture of what dropping the rope is, but in case I haven't, I'll cut & paste it. This was to another poster quite some time ago.

"Imagine having a rope in your hand and the other end of that rope was tied around the waist of your W. You do not want her to leave you. You are fighting for your M. So, she is pulling with all her might to get free of you. She wants out of this R! The harder she pulls forward to get away.....the harder you hold back on the rope. You have both of your heels buried into the ground and both hands in a death grip on that rope. Do you have that picture in your mind? Okay, what would happen if suddenly you dropped that rope?

She is pulling so hard with her head looking forward......that when you drop the rope....she will nearly fall over! Suddenly she is free....nothing is holding her back! She stumbles and tries to get her balance. She turns around and looks at you to see why you let go. My question to you is....what will she see?

She does not need to see a man standing there doing nothing but pitifully staring back at her or she'll just walk on. If she sees that man has stopped paying any attention to her and has his mind on something else, then she will be curious to see what got his attention more than she could. She will begin to move in a little be so she can get a closer look. She may start to ask him questions about what he's doing and who he's seeing. She keeps getting a little closer b/c she almost acts as if she's forgotten that she is no longer held by that rope and she can leave. She is free....but she doesn't want to leave now that the man has dropped the rope."

Right now, you need a break from everything, and you need peace. If you'll drop the rope, you'll have peace....and whatever happens will be better for you than her offering you a few crumbs of false hope....only to shoot you down b/c she was wanting more time with the baby. If the day comes that she wants to be with "you" (not the baby), then there just might be a chance.

(((hugs)))

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you for the rest of the "rope" story, Sandi. It makes total sense, and if you recall, it's exactly what happened the last time I went deep into LRT....stopped communicating....traveled a little bit. She became very suspicious and asked a lot of questions. Before you know it, we were back in MC. When I started "trying" again she eventually froze-up over time all over again. So here I am again.

I am dropping dropping the rope 1.) because I want to and 2.) I am short on options that still leave me with a shred of dignity. A few close female friends saw the heated e-mail she sent me yesterday and think that in a few days she will start feeling bad about it because it was a heated over-reaction. Frankly, I don't know if she will or won't - I just know that there is no way in hell I am reaching out to her after that.

It sux, because every thread of my moral fiber wants to talk to her...wants to make her NOT mad at me....wants her to want to work on things - but she is going to do what she wants to do regardless of my level of desire or participation.

Perhaps it was devine timing, but I had a psych appointment yesterday. I've been seeing this Dr. since October. She is the one that told me my happiness and self esteem have been pegged to however W feels about me at any given time. If she is "good" with me - I am fine. If she isn't - I am a mess. She was 100% right. Considering my w is on the rollercoaster right now - there is no way for me to remain mentally healthy and still follow/care about what she feels towards me. I have got to break that cycle.

She can leave, hell - she HAS. And I do not say this egotisictially because I KNOW that I have my issues to work on - but I think she is bailing out too fast and may have regrets someday. I have a lot of friends that are in my age cluster here in the city and the dating pool is savage, dirty and filled with various scratch and dent pieces that have more baggage than you can imagine. To find someone that loves you....truly loves you, is rare and hard to find. It's worth keeping if you have it - and it's worth fighting for if you've lost it. We DID love each other once - and I still do love and care for her deeply. I just can't keep going in the direction I was. It is going to hurt like hell, but I have got to drop that rope and not look back. I hope I can muster the strength to do it. I hope someday she finds the desire to come back.

Crimson

Quote:
I have a lot of friends that are in my age cluster here in the city and the dating pool is savage, dirty and filled with various scratch and dent pieces that have more baggage than you can imagine. To find someone that loves you....truly loves you, is rare and hard to find. It's worth keeping if you have it - and it's worth fighting for if you've lost it. We DID love each other once - and I still do love and care for her deeply. I just can't keep going in the direction I was. It is going to hurt like hell, but I have got to drop that rope and not look back.

I really like this, Crimson. Drop the rope and go live your life!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
S
S
"I've been seeing this Dr. since October. She is the one that told me my happiness and self esteem have been pegged to however W feels about me at any given time. If she is "good" with me - I am fine. If she isn't - I am a mess. She was 100% right."

All who have read your story can agree with that Dr.

You're worth more than what your W has made you out to be! We who have kept up with your thread know that, but we want you to realize it.

"It is going to hurt like hell, but I have got to drop that rope and not look back."

Do you honestly believe it will hurt more than what you've already experienced? I'm not trying to tell you how you feel, but I wonder if you aren't feeling the worst right now. When we've been through the hardest part of "anything" then the rest of it doesn't seem quite as bad. This has been the day you've dreaded all these months. This has to be the hardest part, don't you think?

"I hope I can muster the strength to do it."

You already have the strength, Crimson! You have grown in leaps & bounds....remember? Believe in yourself! Someday, you will be telling your son that who & what kind of man he is does not depend on what some woman thinks of him.....but on what "he" thinks of himself. You will be a living testament to that piece of advice!

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard