Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
N
N
Originally Posted By: Brit45

I would say look at why you think that upset you or threw you for a loop. Wasn't it you that told me it's usually got something to do with what you fear? What is it about that moment that upset you what fear is it connected to and how can you heal that?

Great question Brit.

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
N
N
hi bug, sounds like classic pema. you met your shaky place with openness and compassion.. for you and others smile

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone for the response.
Brit, i'm still thinking about your question but I've had a killer day.

I went to IC today and finally faced some of my issues with S19 and his illness.

I felt much better when I left but came home and slept all afternoon and could go back to sleep right now. I didn't realize how much stress I was carrying around relating to that.

Tomorrow, friends.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
S
Glad you feel better Bug. Hope your s19 is doing ok.

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
Z
zig Offline
Z
your mind does a lot of self healing while you sleep, so i hope you slept well and while you were sleeping you worked through some of the stuff with your s

what you said about realizing how much you were carrying about your s - resonates with me - that;s what my release was about too, today - just letting go of the burden, not literally, but in my mind for myself

glad to hear you allowed yourself to nap and take more rest - it's the best thing after an emotional release.

take care bug - the way you work through your stuff, is a great guidance for me as i work through mine. can't help thinking how "self-regulated' you are, as my IC would say

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

B
B
Quote:
I felt much better when I left but came home and slept all afternoon and could go back to sleep right now. I didn't realize how much stress I was carrying around relating to that.

So much is surfacing it's no surprise that you're tired. It's a sign of your strength that you're dealing with everything. So many people walk around pushing things down.

V
V
(( )) hope you slept well.

Z
zig Offline
Z
labug

just got Melody Beatties -meditation book. thanks so much for suggesting it.

read the first week this morning - i like it - a lot . of course it starts with acknowledging and appreciating the journey - before one can take any steps one has to be in sync with where they are.

hope you're well this morning

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone, I did sleep well last night. I noticed several times during my appt yesterday that my whole body was tense, and I had to work on relaxing. But I did gain some insight.

I feel hopeful today and grateful that what we're faced with is what it is. It could be so much worse.

What you resist, persists.~Jung

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: needgrace
Originally Posted By: Brit45

I would say look at why you think that upset you or threw you for a loop. Wasn't it you that told me it's usually got something to do with what you fear? What is it about that moment that upset you what fear is it connected to and how can you heal that?

Great question Brit.

I think it threw me because in my mind, I see him going through his daily life not thinking of me much at all and if he does, it's in a negative light. However, I know he would never say anything negative about me to others, most especially not to mutual friends.

This opened up a different possibility. Compounded by the fact that as we've seen each other more over the last couple of months, all of our interactions have been positive. Maybe not so much positive as neutral. There have been no harsh words since the month following the bomb. He still wears his wedding ring, there is no OW.

Yep, expectations set in and I have to let that go.

He's walking his path and I'm walking mine. And I'm actually happy right now.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard