Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
T
OP Offline
T
Mr b yeah I feel like I moved right back into the same scenario. I mean she got a warning on her yahoo email the other day that her ip address changed and instantly thought I was snooping etc.

I really wanted to goto counseling and she doesn't .

I need to start doing more GAL now that I'm home

T
OP Offline
T
Real time situation. Wife gets notification that her yahoo email being accessed from 2 ip addresses . Automatically assumes its me snooping because of my past and she has wicked PMS on top of it plus I just got caught lying about something stupid .

I finally pulled her aside and looked her in the eye and told her I understand why she thinks that way but it isn't me. She doesn't understand technology all that well that she could log in from iPhone and laptop and get Warning.

I don't know how to establish trust

Quote:
...I just got caught lying about something stupid.

Quote:
I don't know how to establish trust

Stop lying for starters.

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
T
OP Offline
T
Yes 2point I know . I panicked. I came home and things have been great. I don't even know why I did . It was retarded. I am very down on myself for doing this.

She sort of hypocritical on that stuff cuz she hid stuff from me post separation

M
M
Originally Posted By: netmaster
Yes 2point I know .

No....you didn't know...

Otherwise you wouldn't have done it

Quote:

She sort of hypocritical on that stuff cuz she hid stuff from me post separation

This isn't tit-for-tat Net....

This SHOULD be about YOU doing the right thing....regardless...

Not a playground fight between two kindergarteners over the sandbox...

Honesty and Respect is how trust is built.

What are you showing her ?

For me, it would mean, that is how you would want to be treated.

T
OP Offline
T
2point w also gets PMS and body feels off and she completely distance hersel from me . She will often blame me for these feelings even though we have 3 solid weeks together , this y frustrating that we don't see someone once a week etc to talk if anything

Net, you know she has these monthly episodes, so you need to figure out a way to deal with her and her moods during this time. Maybe do some research at the bookstore on effective coping skills.

You might also offer (AFTER HER PERIOD IS DONE!!) to go with her to see a Dr./OBGYN to see if there is something that can be done to help her. Tread carefully here, though! Be real careful!

And stop giving her ammunition. You say you want to establish trust then you get caught in a lie. Give her a reason to trust you and she will. Show by your actions that you can be trusted.

And remember trust takes on many forms. It is not just about telling the truth. If you say you are going to go to the store for your W to pick up some items and then you fail to do so, not only are you unreliable but you are also untrustworthy to fulfill your commitments.,

If you say you are going to remain calm during your W's monthly cycle and then allow yourself to get sucked into her misery, then you can't be trusted to remain neutral and avoid escalation.

See what I'm saying?

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25

T
OP Offline
T
2point yes I do know. Just frustrating that it is to the extreme of throwing towel in everytime . She is trying outside this week. She felt like this way last month and we were fine after but man y doesnt she see the correlation???

There is no way this can be brought up by me ever. That would be lethal but thx for suggestion!

I'm actually proud of myself I bit my tongue the whole week and did not ask her once if anything was wrong. I didn't snoop . I sometimes get strong urges to snoop when she gets quiet on me

T
OP Offline
T
Is there a particular forum section to read where you move back home after separation. Part of me is torn. I'm home things are OK but I don't feel like we are piecing. If anything I'm learning to cope better

Net - poke around the piecing forum and also check THIS out.

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard