Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
job Offline
I hiope the quilt show is a huge success. I'm sure your quilts are beautiful. Each and every quilt is a work of art in my books.

I'm glad to read that your friend is getting out a bit. How is she doing?

Enjoy your weekend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
OP Offline
W
I just want to clarify that I was returning rented coolers, not ones I bought. When I reread that part it sounded funny. Who knew you could rent 100 gallon coolers from the base marina?

I think every quilt is a work of art. It is just sometimes I don't get the judging. The "quilt" that won the challange was fabric clock. Letters cut out from a panel and the focus center also from a pre-printed panel. My BFF said it won because it had moving parts and it caught the little old ladies eyes.....

My friend is doing well. She is having a lot of internal pain, where they did the underside of the reconstruction. She says it feels like a bra that is too tight digging into her sides. Our big discussion right now is if she should get the tattoos for fake nipples so she doesn't look like a Barbie doll. She thinks that is stupid. I showed her some things were gals had gotten other tattoos. So now she is pondering silly things like stars or shamrocks (for luck).

BTW: My friend would have me open the cage door, chase the MLC creature out, lock the door and move the cage.... She right now just thinks I should find a guy who loves me and more importantly cherishes me.

I woke up yesterday morning, missed my H, like wondered where he was for a few seconds. So last night when I went to bed I did a mental cleansing of the space. I told myself the whole bed is mine, I can sleep where I want in the bed, and that when I woke up in the morning I wouldn't miss what really wasn't mine anymore.

Today is pack a bunch of boxes day. I am not 100% today. It is voggy and making my allergies bad. (Vog is when the emmissions from the volcano on the Big Island all stagnate over Oahu.) Hopefully the trades will pick back up and blow the right way and clear the air.

I hope everyone out there has a fun weekend!

Aloha,

Wendy

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
B
B
Hi, I don't know what sort of reconstruction your friend had, and it is early days to be thinking of the tattoos, but honestly they make a huge difference to how you look and feel. Get her to try rubbing some make-up mixed to a nipple colour around the area and then take a look. I think she will 'get it'. But she might want to wait a while before undergoing further discomfort. It isn't painful, but feels a bit like brushing your teeth with a very very stiff toothbrush [same sensation - different area!].

B
B
Your friend sounds like she has a quirky sense of humor. laugh I am trying to have a fun weekend, but stuff keeps blocking me. LOL

It [censored] when you are so used to having this body in your bed for so many, many years. And, suddenly, they're not there. I think it's worse having them betray you, and getting a D, rather than a death. At least, if your spouse dies, you know they did so still loving you. And, you just have to get on with life no matter what. But, this lingering, painful ripping from your life is awful beyond understanding. One has to protect yourself with anger, or detachment in order to survive this ordeal, IMHO.

Take care, Wendy. Don't overdo the work ... have some fun this weekend. It is Mother's Day tomorrow, after all. We get to celebrate ourselves too.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
B
B
The [censored] word was sux ... I wonder if it's changed taking in the context of the sentence, or just every time it turns up, bam, censored. For instance, testing sentence: the juicer [censored] all the juice out, and just leaves the pulp behind.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
B
B
I rest my case.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
T
T
Funny

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

B
B
It happens when machines replace people!! Some people have sense [some don't, as we know!!] machines do not think at all. Hmmm who do they resemble??

W
OP Offline
W
Happy Mother's Day to all my friends!

My H continues to be nice to me. Last night was dinner and a movie. And while we waited on dinner he pulled out his phone to play word games with OW. So I pulled out my phone and played word games with my friends.

I believe his attempting to be nice to me is him trying to manipulte me into me getting more done on this house. And I told him plainly before that some of these things are only going to get done as a team. I am not going to make all the decisions alone. And I don't think he should be making them alone either. It is our stuff and we should divide it together.

After some claening this morning, I'm headed to the beach for awhile. With my granddaughters! And we will come home to pot roast cooked in the oven while we are gone. I love that delay start setting on the oven!

I hope everyone is having a nice day!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
job Offline
Wendy,
You have your h pegged. Mlcers aren't nice unless there is something in the situation for them.

I hope that you are enjoying you special day.

Happy Mother's Day!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard