Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
~
~ kd ~ Offline OP
OP Offline
~
Hey beiber! Nice to have you pop by!

Yeah well, I had a bit of a stutter in my retirement... but yeah, probably more like a semi retirement is what I'm looking for like some of the vets who pop in once a week or so... smile

You know, when I wrote that about my W looking for OPs, it was a little depressing... the nice thing about DBing is that I find those thoughts and feelings are so much more fleeting...

It almost appears that my W might be stabalizing somewhat... some of that "liminality" that is talked about regarding MLC...

I'm still keeping a safe distance in case there is a secondary fuse... and I'm nudging here and there... (aka poking the bear)... but it is in so many ways good to see...

I'm in no way thinking that this might lead to R... I'll just be happy for my W and the kids as she begins to positively create and develop what ever new life she has chosen for herself...

Keep GALing my friend!

BTW: I've finally joined a gym and am beginning my work on cardio and muscle tone... it's feeling awesome! Maybe one day I'll be biking a half trillion miles an evening like you... grin

W
W
Hey Kaffe! You can semi-retire..... Just stay my friend..... I always enjoy your point of view. And I am one of those people who can't see the forest for the trees. So I need the great people like you to point out the forests for me!

I do find my gym time to be the most valuable thing I do. Lifting weights is good, cardio great, yoga THE BEST!

Aloha,

Wendy

PS The crying was a good thing, acceptance is an interesting stage....

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
~
~ kd ~ Offline OP
OP Offline
~
lol Wendy... I will stay your friend... cool

I am probably going to try to participate in the Yoga classes at the gym, although do you have a preference as to "hot yoga" or "normal" yoga?

btw yes... acceptance is interesting how it creeps up on us and changes our perspective... not greatly and abruptly... just slowly and subtle shifts...

J
J
Originally Posted By: Kraft Dinner

I am probably going to try to participate in the Yoga classes at the gym, although do you have a preference as to "hot yoga" or "normal" yoga?

No question KD - I would definitely go for the "hot" yoga if I were you. grin

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
~
~ kd ~ Offline OP
OP Offline
~
yup... that's what I was thinkin'... cool

barefoot running... it da bomb...

no, i do not mean the type when you get caught in the wrong bedroom...

i love my coach...

i think she is trying to kill me... funny that... she's not on my insurance policy... maybe she just doesn't like me...

hmmmmmm.....

A
A
KD - semi-retirement? You're going to get shredded for the summer single life, huh?

I'd tell the kids when your D is final or be honest if they ask before then. The last thing they need is more secrets and uncertainty. I am sure there are tons of books on the better way to have that "talk". I'm sure your right about D9 holding on to some hope.

You're a thoughtful guy. I think they'll grow up knowing how much you love and value them.

Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
--Stanislaw Lem
A
A
grammer/spilling are being turrible tonite. Aplogues. Attributed to lacking of sleeping/ornery sik kidz.

Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
--Stanislaw Lem
~
~ kd ~ Offline OP
OP Offline
~
Originally Posted By: AJM80
KD - semi-retirement? You're going to get shredded for the summer single life, huh?

lol... yuppers! cool A good friend of mine has an exclusive chip stand on a local beach and... I plan on spending a few nice weekends there showing off my six pack abs... grin

Yeah, I think you are right and that was kinda the plan to tell the kids once the paperwork is stamped...

i think I actually DO have muscles...

i don't know if i like my coach so much any more...

owww...

W
W
Ha Ha Kaffe!

I haven't done hot yoga yet. I have exercise induced asthma. I workout hard, but controlled. I hate using an inhaller, it makes me way too hyper.

I do the Birkram Yoga on Tuesday nights, and what they call Power Yoga Thursday and Saturday morning. I go to the same instructor, I really enjoy her style. I tried out a few to get one I understood and could follow along with well.

A couple of people I know are totally into the Hot Yoga. They say it lessens your chance for injury and makes for a better workout.

I had taken a month off of weight lifting, and am back at it this past week, and I certainly have some sore muscles. Mostly my triceps.

Have fun flexing those new muscles!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
~
~ kd ~ Offline OP
OP Offline
~
Actually, I think I might try aikido... maybe there's such a thing as HOT aikido? Or is Aikido just hot...? grin

I think I just got some clarity regarding MLC confusion...

It is NOT ok to be confused about the contradictory and possible double standards in words, actions and desires of an MLCer because they are angry that they are confused... or maybe they are just confused about being confused... and angry... but confused because they don't think they are angry... but anyhow... so we are NOT allowed to be... confused, that is... i don't think we're allowed to be angry either, though... confused

otherwise... if we can not mind read... we are open targets for punishment... crazy

Don't get me started on the box of chocolates... suffice it to say, my W will NOT be sending me any more chocolates or ANYTHING from now on...

W says (reminded me) a couple weeks ago that she wants to be open to flexibility regarding the kid's schedule... we'd already adjusted my drop off as being an hour later... no idea why she wanted that, but it was good and OK by me...

I won't get into it, but I made a mistake (ok no, I really was confused, because I'm having trouble keeping up with times and stuff as they are changed often) and said I'd pick up D9 an hour later than "normal" to which my W indicated that I should let her know when I was close as her and D9 would be over at a neighbour's... and then sent another email saying that she was confused and I was supposed to pick up D9 at 6pm... ok... no problemo... and she was also VERY CLEAR that from now on... pick up was 6... drop off was 7...

ok... no flexibility...?

Then W asks me to pick up D9 this coming weekend earlier (right after school)... a gift... or bribe... methinks... as she wanted me to take the dog for the weekend, as well... long story, but I suspect that no one there (W is at a conference that weekend) wanted the obligation of the dog this long weekend... but considering the dog doesn't do well with crowds (might nip) and this weekend will have a bunch of people he doesn't know and activity here, the dog was not a good idea...

So... I poked the bear...

I let her know that I was confused about when it was appropriate and when it was NOT appropriate to flex the schedule... I did not mention that yeah, I know it's appropriate when it suits her and not when it suits me... and for good measure, I reminded her that me giving her gifts made her uncomfortable (so I stopped) and that her giving me gifts made me uncomfortable (although I did not indicate that was because there were usually strings that followed)...

holy smokers...! Got an eye full in her email response... grin I THINK I was supposed to be flexible and take the dog...

I am once again VERY clear about the rigidity of the schedule, that our inability to be flexible is most likely all my fault, that I WILL NOT get the luxury of picking D9 up early on friday even though I indicated that while I was confused, I would be happy to get her early... and that I WOULD NOT be keeping D9 for the monday long weekend, but dropping her off on sunday... that "someone" would be there when D9 arrived... and oh yea... no more "gifts" from W... and BTW she says, "can I have the first weekend of June to have the kids...?"

I wonder if she'll ask me about D'ing this week...

Anyhow, like I said above and a word of caution... it appears that the non-MLCer is NOT allowed to be confused... crazy

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard