Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
N
OP Offline
N
Thank you Cadet. You are an angel to me.

And Verab754.... I may understand some of the concepts but continue to have real difficulty executing them... Thank you though.

Does anyone else feel that they psyche themselves up to get through something big and succeed but then have a bit of an emotional fall after?

The party I threw on Sunday went amazingly well and I felt so very good about it. But then, on Monday, I felt down at times and thought, even though I can enjoy a party or a holiday, that I still miss my W.

I noticed the same thing with Christmas and other big events... after was harder than during.

Is this just the normal grieving process or more?

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
C
C
Originally Posted By: needgrace
Does anyone else feel that they psyche themselves up to get through something big and succeed but then have a bit of an emotional fall after?

The party I threw on Sunday went amazingly well and I felt so very good about it. But then, on Monday, I felt down at times and thought, even though I can enjoy a party or a holiday, that I still miss my W.

I noticed the same thing with Christmas and other big events... after was harder than during.

Is this just the normal grieving process or more?

Yes and just like our spouses we cycle too.
As much as I can tell you NO EXPECTATIONS you will have them and react to them.
If your spouse died there would be more finality to it.
The thing is they are as good as dead now
but still walking around in the same body with an alien brain inside their heads.
So it become confusing because it is totally the OPPOSITE of our previous life.
It makes no sense.

TIME does make it better.

Me-70, D37,S36
V
V
NG we all have difficulty with the concepts sometimes, that's why we're here smile The important thing is that we keep trying.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard