Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks, zig, your posts always bring me something, a smile and insight, a question. Keep it coming.

Last night the sons and I went downtown and walked. It's a weekly event and hundreds show up to run or walk through the area, restaurants have special deals and there's music. It was a good opportunity for us to reconnect with S22 being home from uni.

We all enjoyed it. Parts of the DT area are as old as the mid 1800s, old adobe structures that have survived through out the years. It's really a mish-mash of architectural styles and I love it. The evenings are beautiful this time of year so it was a perfect opportunity to share something we all enjoy, art, architecture (S22-artist), history(S19-history buff). Me I love it all, and especially enjoying it with them.

We stopped for a bit in the Cathedral and even tho we aren't Catholic, not even religious, you can't help but be inspired by the beauty of that place.

We then had a big meal of burritos, tamales and a margarita for me.

Great GAL evening.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
C
C
Her H probably says, "You never give me a chance to get the bad guy, it's always all about you!"

Too funny and probably too true... Another twist to this view that came to mind is from a song I like by Jack Johnson. The line goes:

"And you're so busy changing the world, and just one smile and you could change all of mine..."

Not just providing space for someone to do something valuable but actually time and attention to make them feel valuable....

Enjoy your week!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Wow, ces, you (and Jack) really hit the nail on the head.

I hate this process but I love this process. Make sense? wink

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
C
C
Know exactly what you mean, Bug!

Z
zig Offline
Z
Not just providing space for someone to do something valuable but actually time and attention to make them feel valuable....

oh i needed a reminder this morning, bad!

my sagitarrian free and wild side is coming out this morning and i suddenly find myself feeling so utterly bored and fed up with this whole sitch. that is definitely the super impatient side of me that wants everything now and what's the problem, isn't it obvious etc etc.

if there is anyone who needs to be "taught" here - it's me - about patience and respecting other peoples wishes and needs over my own - as in our WAS's no matter what they are doing

sweet of you to say what you did labug - and you do the same for me every time:)

great that you hung out with your sons - sounds like a wonderful evening - that kind of activity just soothes us deep down doesn't it - and carries us for a while, if we let it..

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
zig, I'm also sagittarius. And I'm feeling a bit of this

i suddenly find myself feeling so utterly bored and fed up with this whole sitch. that is definitely the super impatient side of me that wants everything now and what's the problem, isn't it obvious etc etc.

myself right now.

And to make matters more excruciating, I have a bunch of paperwork (insurance)to follow-up on and that makes me crazy.

I'll get it over early!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
C
C
HATE paperwork. Best (and hardest) thing to do is just dive in and get it over with.

Hope you find more interesting things to enjoy today besides the paperwork! smile

S
S
I'm a Sag as well.

Sounds like you had a great time the other night w/ your son's Bug. I really cherish those moments much more now as I'm sure most of us do.

And I have unlimited paperwork to do today as well. Good Luck smile

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
Z
zig Offline
Z
aah - i knew we had something more in common:)

check out our horoscope for today:

"We all like easy answers. We all prefer to consider simple propositions. Few things in life feel quite as satisfying as the ability to reply to a question with an emphatic 'yes' or an irrefutable 'no'. Responses like, 'maybe' or 'perhaps' seem so irritatingly wishy-washy. You now feel particularly keen to establish a sense of certainty in an area of life where too much has become open-ended and unclear. But there are now some very good reasons for letting a little more time pass before you give or retract a final commitment"

how's that?

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

L
labug Offline OP
OP Offline
L
^^^ cool wink

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard