Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
A
alamo76 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
All I can say to the words of this song is...wow. Thanks for letting me share.

BLEED RED by Ronnie Dunn

Let's say we're sorry 'fore it's too late
Give forgiveness a chance
Turn the anger into water
Let it slip through our hands

We all bleed red, we all taste rain
All fall down, lose our way
We all say words we regret
We all cry tears, we all bleed red

If we're fighting, we're both losing
We're just wasting our time
Because my scars, they are your scars
And your world is mine

You and I, we all bleed red, we all taste rain
We all cry tears, we all bleed red

Sometimes we're strong, sometimes we're weak
Sometimes we're hurt and it cuts deep
We live this life breath to breath
We're all the same, we all bleed red

Let's say we're sorry 'fore it's too late

We all bleed red, all taste rain
We all cry tears, all bleed red

Sometimes we're strong, sometimes we're weak
Sometimes we're hurt, it cuts deep
We live this life breath to breath
We're all the same, we all bleed red

M37, S5
M-7y; T-8y
Separated 060410
Wife/son moved 022611
Wife serves d-papers 032011
I filed child custody 042012; obtained custody 070312
Bifurcated 103112
A
alamo76 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
UPDATE
Talk about cold shoulders! This past week and a half my wife has been more stand-offish than usual and with good reason.

Still trying to keep my boundaries fortified in case she tries to test them even further.

On the plus side (for our son), she's been able to get personal time with him today (she took him out of daycare), which is one of her off days from ER rotations.

M37, S5
M-7y; T-8y
Separated 060410
Wife/son moved 022611
Bifurcated 103112
M
M
"my wife has been more stand-offish than usual and with good reason."

What was the reason?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
A
alamo76 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: MrBond
"my wife has been more stand-offish than usual and with good reason."

What was the reason?

She finally found out that I had filed for joint custody and that our court date supposed coincided with her move date to SC. Or maybe there's another reason. Who knows exactly what the WAS is truly thinking/feeling/planning, right?

M37, S5
M-7y; T-8y
Separated 060410
Wife/son moved 022611
Bifurcated 103112
M
M
Ha! That sure was a slap of reality for her.

You be sure to keep friendly and cordial with her.

Stay strong.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
V
V
Originally Posted By: alamo76
By being Christian w/boundaries is good for me, but not good with my wife perception of me, who sees the negative in everything that I do.

There is only so much you can do... at the end of the day... it's up to her.

I tell this story of my sister. When she found out she had lupus in her early 20s.. she went off the deep end a little bit. She lost her kids because of her irresponsibility. She caused alot of damage to me and my family.

She went on a path of destruction for about a decade. I distanced myself from her as much as possible.

4 years ago - she got REALLY sick. I went home to take care of the 2 of the 5 kids she still had custody of. I saw a change in her.. but I didn't want to believe it.

We got closer - but I will still hesitant. I was still allowing "my perception" of her blind what was in front on my eyes....

... but my S finally gave me the opportunity to let go and forgive her. And I did. My sister had showed me for years her heart had changed... but in the end.. it was up to ME to believe.

The same rings true for you. You are a changed man.. it will be up to her to see it.

You just stay on your path. You won't be perfect at it.. but you can't worry about how your w will perceive every action.

It will drive you nutz!

1. The DB/DR "rule" of trying something new if what I'm doing right now doesn't work. Boundaries and religious beliefs shouldn't need to back down if something doesn't work.

I struggle with this too.. but Michelle does say that sometimes... nothing works..

And that's ok. It sukks.. but it's ok.

Boundaries are a MUST to any healthy relationship. Your r with your w right not isn't healthy which is why they seem so wrong.

Do you boundaries with friends and family?

the fact that I'm taking "my sister to court" isn't very Christian at all. What is the purpose of it all? To protect by boundaries? To protect myself? To protect our son? In the legal and practical context, yes, yes and yes.

Let me ask you a hard question and forgive me for the 2x4 BUT

It is very Christian of you to give up on your Son? To rip him from the joys of having a father in his life?

Is is loving that he experiences the pain of not having you in his life... because you thought that p!ssing off your w was "un-christian".

Look Alamo - I know it's hard but YOUR WIFE CHOSE THIS.

You are not punishing her by taking her to court for your son. You are choosing to love your son.

Honestly - I don't think there is anything wrong for fighting to keep your son in Cali.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you moving to SC to have a relationship with your son....

But whatever the decision, it needs to be based PURELY on your relationship with him...

... and currently I still feel like it's still about your w.

She will perceive what SHE WANTS TO...

... which is why it's even more important that only do things based of who YOU want to be.

((( )))

M(f): 40
D'ed: 8/12

Show empathy when there's pain. Show grace when warranted. Kindness in the midst of anger. Faith in the face of fear.

Love at all costs because you are loved well.
A
alamo76 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: MrBond
Ha! That sure was a slap of reality for her.

You be sure to keep friendly and cordial with her.

Stay strong.

You betcha, Mr. Bond. I've remained polite and friendly.

M37, S5
M-7y; T-8y
Separated 060410
Wife/son moved 022611
Bifurcated 103112
A
alamo76 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Valeska19
By being Christian w/boundaries is good for me, but not good with my wife perception of me, who sees the negative in everything that I do.

There is only so much you can do... at the end of the day... it's up to her.

I tell this story of my sister. When she found out she had lupus in her early 20s.. she went off the deep end a little bit. She lost her kids because of her irresponsibility. She caused alot of damage to me and my family.

She went on a path of destruction for about a decade. I distanced myself from her as much as possible.

4 years ago - she got REALLY sick. I went home to take care of the 2 of the 5 kids she still had custody of. I saw a change in her.. but I didn't want to believe it.

We got closer - but I will still hesitant. I was still allowing "my perception" of her blind what was in front on my eyes....

... but my S finally gave me the opportunity to let go and forgive her. And I did. My sister had showed me for years her heart had changed... but in the end.. it was up to ME to believe.

The same rings true for you. You are a changed man.. it will be up to her to see it.

You just stay on your path. You won't be perfect at it.. but you can't worry about how your w will perceive every action.

It will drive you nutz!

1. The DB/DR "rule" of trying something new if what I'm doing right now doesn't work. Boundaries and religious beliefs shouldn't need to back down if something doesn't work.

I struggle with this too.. but Michelle does say that sometimes... nothing works..

And that's ok. It sukks.. but it's ok.

Boundaries are a MUST to any healthy relationship. Your r with your w right not isn't healthy which is why they seem so wrong.

Do you boundaries with friends and family?

the fact that I'm taking "my sister to court" isn't very Christian at all. What is the purpose of it all? To protect by boundaries? To protect myself? To protect our son? In the legal and practical context, yes, yes and yes.

Let me ask you a hard question and forgive me for the 2x4 BUT

It is very Christian of you to give up on your Son? To rip him from the joys of having a father in his life?

Is is loving that he experiences the pain of not having you in his life... because you thought that p!ssing off your w was "un-christian".

Look Alamo - I know it's hard but YOUR WIFE CHOSE THIS.

You are not punishing her by taking her to court for your son. You are choosing to love your son.

Honestly - I don't think there is anything wrong for fighting to keep your son in Cali.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you moving to SC to have a relationship with your son....

But whatever the decision, it needs to be based PURELY on your relationship with him...

... and currently I still feel like it's still about your w.

She will perceive what SHE WANTS TO...

... which is why it's even more important that only do things based of who YOU want to be.

((( )))

Words of wisdom from the venerable Valeska. I do realize that I have to fight for our son, but at the same time I don't want to tear him away from his mother (it's part of the reason why - if you've read my posts since Day 1, I've never said "MY son", but rather "OUR son", because I don't believe in the concept of "owning" a child in the context of separation/divorce). The ultimate question I ask is every morning is: Does this glorify God?

UPDATE 3:59pm
My wife had our son for the day and when I came to pick him up for the short evening, one of the first thing she happily said was "I enrolled E in a Montessori school in South Carolina." Making educational decisions w/o me? Or is she so certain that her allegations against me will no doubt give her primary custody of our son? Or both?

M37, S5
M-7y; T-8y
Separated 060410
Wife/son moved 022611
Bifurcated 103112
~
~
...she happily said was "I enrolled E in a Montessori school in South Carolina." Making educational decisions w/o me? Or is she so certain that her allegations against me will no doubt give her primary custody of our son? Or both?

Or she's just pushing buttons, Alamo...

Quietly work through that and/or let it go...

M
M
She really had no right to do that. Talk to your lawyer and see what they say about that. She can't just take your son out of state without your consent. That's like kidnapping.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard