Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
OP Offline
[quote=sayitaintso]If you do as Busto suggested above are you prepared to deal with her saying no to your requests and accepting the divorce at this time?[/quote

I'm not sure, SAIS. This is where I struggle. Oh, and fully detaching, but I think I am getting better at that!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
S
S
I'm not sure either 2. But I do think that we're doing awesome and we'll get there eventually!

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
F
F
never give an ultimatum you are unprepared to follow thorugh with

S
S
Thanks Fig, I needed to hear this as well.

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
S
S
Originally Posted By: figgeroni
never give an ultimatum you are unprepared to follow thorugh with

Totally agree.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
Yes. Lose the fear. That, and do something different from what you've been doing so far, because it's not working.

What do you have to lose by trying? confused

Starsky

Starsky - that ^^^ is what I fear...the unknown or the possibility of seeing things through to D. I know, I may be headed there regardless. I want out of limbo but will I necessarily land in a better place. This is what I fear I guess.

[quote=bustorama]

2tP, I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

It's not a matter of "am I heading toward that (a divorce) regardless?"

Rather, look at it as

"Is the current situation (a marriage with a third person in it, and an unrepentant wife who is disrespecting your marriage and YOU having to live somewhere else other than in your OWN HOME) something you can live with? Is it something you can abide? Does it violate your core integrity in an "I'm sorry, this-is-not-who-I-am" way?

To me, that's the beauty of boundaries, or -- as I like to call them -- "My Boundaries of Personal Integrity." Only YOU know what they are, but they should be a very short list; your "dealbreakers," as it were . . . those things that you, as a person with your values, morals and ethics, simply CANNOT ABIDE.

And this is how it works, in practical application: If you decide that "I will not live in an open marriage," and you state that as a boundary to a cheating spouse, and if that drives them away from you, and toward the other person? Well, then that's THEIR CHOICE, and them cheating -- and staying with me -- wasn't an option for me anyway, based on my own authenticity and values, so what have I lost?

All I've lost in that instance is something that I could not have abided anyway.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
F
F
exactly Starsky!!!

awesome

V
V
^^^ Love this Starsky!

M(f): 40
D'ed: 8/12

Show empathy when there's pain. Show grace when warranted. Kindness in the midst of anger. Faith in the face of fear.

Love at all costs because you are loved well.
J
J

Starsky [/quote]

And this is how it works, in practical application: If you decide that "I will not live in an open marriage," and you state that as a boundary to a cheating spouse, and if that drives them away from you, and toward the other person? Well, then that's THEIR CHOICE, and them cheating -- and staying with me -- wasn't an option for me anyway, based on my own authenticity and values, so what have I lost?

All I've lost in that instance is something that I could not have abided anyway.

Starsky [/quote]

Very well put and I like that perspective!!!

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11
Retrouvaille 4/13/12--and the healing begins as we begin a new journey together!

D
D
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
Originally Posted By: sayitaintso
If you do as Busto suggested above are you prepared to deal with her saying no to your requests and accepting the divorce at this time?

I'm not sure, SAIS. This is where I struggle. Oh, and fully detaching, but I think I am getting better at that!

If you aren't, then it isn't the right advice for you.

Begin as if you were brand new...

FIRST--set your relationship goals.
THEN assess your situation compared to your goals.

You are NOT too far to start over at the beginning.

dbmod
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard