Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: BklynMom
We are so conditioned by society and by are ourselves to "face the facts" and "read the writing on the walls". Those things are just trying to predict the future.

Last night you watched a movie with your H. I would give my little toe on my left foot to hang with my H and watch a bad movie.

Write a gratitude list!

BK, you didn't name the exact toe did you? LOL

Guess I'm thinking what's the point anymore?

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
L
L
BK=Wise Woman.

How do you know he hasn't budged?

He's still there with you.

You have a friendly relationship.

He bought you roses.

What is is you really want Ro? There's something else there.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
S
I'm with Bug and BK.

He bought u a dozen of your favorite roses, told you he loves you, and you watched a movie together. Those types of things are not common on these boards.

I know we are not their and can't fully understand the tone and temperature of your sitch but these seem like positives to me.

Is it that he's not living up to your expectations? Are you angry that you are working so hard on you for your m and he hasn't reciprocated?

I recall some other recent positives coming from him as well. I know this has seemed like forever but in the grand scheme of things 4 months is not that long.

Look deeper and get back to us RoRo!!

((R))

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
F
F
remember do not tell him how he feels

you do not know the workings of his heart and mind

do not decide for him

y0u are making changes for you

out some things in perspective

because it is hard, you are thinking in mins

4 months = 124 days = 7440 mins

but

another perspective is

4 months = 1/4 of a year and I have been alive for 40 years so that is only like 160th of my life smile

A
A
It's like how the parent of an infant thinks they have it hard, and the parent of two toddlers thinks they have it hard, and the parent of three teens thinks they have it hard. It's hard for all of them, and our pain is experienced only on our own personal scale. While for me Ro's anniversary day would be the best one I've had in years, I understand that she is not happy.

On the other hand, I can't imagine the pain of knowing my H had sex with another woman, because I don't know for a fact that has happened and so I choose to ignore the possibility. Ro can't ignore what she knows.

Ro, you're entitled to feel angry and hurt and disappointed. If you can process those feelings without acting on them, and give them time to settle in, you may eventually come around to appreciating what was good there. By the way, with his knee pain how'd he get the roses? He put some effort into recognizing the special day. He may still want to end your marriage, but then he hasn't moved out...why not? He acknowledges that you're having tough times, that's honest. Being reactive, acting out of emotion, throwing out the good because it isn't good enough, you can choose to do these things or choose not to.

Glad you got cute outfits - that's great!

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: ces67
I also noticed I reverted to my self-defense pattern of withdrawal.

W said she was only doing what she always does and that I had already adjusted my schedule to go in later as it is. I thanked her for that but also let her know that I would appreciate her talking to me and involving me in the plans instead of just assuming.

Saw this on ces' thread and it struck a cord with me. I ALWAYS do this. Make a decision based on what I assume is H's schedule, point of view, whatever. I think this helped contribute to his not feeling needed and like he was a hindrance more than a help. I've been working at including him in more things that require a decision or leaving it up to him to make the decision.

As far as withdrawal, that's my normal MO. I've been fighting it since I started DBing. Whenver things get tough in life, I withdraw from pretty much everything. This didn't help my M either. When H and I would have a really bad argument I would withdraw and not talk or give any affection for DAYS. My H lives for affection and words of encourgagement. So not getting them basically hurt him to the core.

Just something for me to think about.

Happy and loving life.
L
L
Ro, I know how difficult this is for you. Keep digging!

You are one courageous brick....house!

She's mighty, mighty!

(dancin')

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
A
A
I love that song....."just lettin it all hang out"

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: labug
Ro, I know how difficult this is for you. Keep digging!

You are one courageous brick....house!

She's mighty, mighty!

(dancin')

I'm dancing at my desk! ;-)

Happy and loving life.
~
~
oh merry (poppins) land...

I guess you're next...

but not right now... grin