Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
R
OP Offline
R
LOL at an organ flying out of my body. At this rate, I'll be lucky if anything still works after all this stress. I am definitely handling it better. Not great, but better than right after the bomb.

Normally, there isn't a response required because my H doesn't TALK. I have been the one who started every R conversation we have had including the one where he dropped the bomb. I just need to learn when to be quiet. I did learn some important things about how my H views our R last night, which I needed to hear.

I'm not sure what staying the course means for me. Do I continue with what the DB Coach told me to do - become the girlfriend, praise him, do things like I used to? This actually seemed to be making a small amount of progress. Of course OW is still in the picture, so I guess it wasn't REAL progress.

Or do I scale back and go dim?

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
F
F
any foward motion is progress

the OW will be in the picture until the picture you create becomes more attractive

Right now, she is placing NO pressure on him
she is validating him in everything
she is kind and considerate and the perfect girlfriend
there is no expectation from her for him to be anything other than what he is now

remember when you 1st started dating him (or someone else)?
How excited you were to see them?
how you always shaved your legs and smelled nice and things were clean and you were always happy and accomodating?

there were no bills
no messes in the house
nothing smelled bad
no one was tired and cranky

that is what she is right now

she doesn't expect him to bear his soul and make their relationship solid

she is still wooing him

woo him

my parents have been together for forever

they still woo each other

my dad goes out of town for business and my mom always is waiting when he gets home with a clean house, candles lit, supper made and smelling like his favorite perfume

she tucks little love notes in his bag

he writes I love you in the steam on the mirror during his shower and surprises her with favorite chocolates, just because

they woo each other

of course there are days when they are tired and snipe at each other or stink or whatever

but

they remember the wooing

remember the girl you were and how excited he made you
remember when you 1st started dating but weren't super serious (so he MIGHT have been dating other girls...no commitments were made but you WANTED him to only be dating you)

remember those people and try to recapture some of those moments

just some

it is important for all of us to remember to live some of those moments out all the time

A
A
Ro, good job on how you responded to your question, in spite of what you felt like saying. Good control! Way to go!

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: figgeroni
any foward motion is progress

the OW will be in the picture until the picture you create becomes more attractive

Right now, she is placing NO pressure on him
she is validating him in everything
she is kind and considerate and the perfect girlfriend
there is no expectation from her for him to be anything other than what he is now

remember when you 1st started dating him (or someone else)?
How excited you were to see them?
how you always shaved your legs and smelled nice and things were clean and you were always happy and accomodating?

there were no bills
no messes in the house
nothing smelled bad
no one was tired and cranky

that is what she is right now

she doesn't expect him to bear his soul and make their relationship solid

she is still wooing him

woo him

my parents have been together for forever

they still woo each other

my dad goes out of town for business and my mom always is waiting when he gets home with a clean house, candles lit, supper made and smelling like his favorite perfume

she tucks little love notes in his bag

he writes I love you in the steam on the mirror during his shower and surprises her with favorite chocolates, just because

they woo each other

of course there are days when they are tired and snipe at each other or stink or whatever

but

they remember the wooing

remember the girl you were and how excited he made you
remember when you 1st started dating but weren't super serious (so he MIGHT have been dating other girls...no commitments were made but you WANTED him to only be dating you)

remember those people and try to recapture some of those moments

just some

it is important for all of us to remember to live some of those moments out all the time

Have you talked to my DB Coach? I swear you said what she said almost word for word. I kinda thought to myself this morning about what my DB Coach suggested I do, and why I hadn't been doing it. I said I couldn't blame anyone but myself if my H left without me even trying it. Guess I'm just scared of the rejection.

Love that about your parents. So cool!

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: adinva
Ro, good job on how you responded to your question, in spite of what you felt like saying. Good control! Way to go!

I'm slowly learning that everything that pops into my head doesn't need to be said out loud. It used to happen alot. LOL H hates it.

Happy and loving life.
F
F
rejection is scary

but remmeber

he didn't reject you before

so you have that going for you

and if this were a new relationship, that fear would still be there

you have some power here too
you have the power to feel that way again...excited and nervous and butterfly-ish

you have the power to be alluring
or
even unavailable

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: figgeroni
rejection is scary

but remmeber

he didn't reject you before

so you have that going for you

and if this were a new relationship, that fear would still be there

you have some power here too
you have the power to feel that way again...excited and nervous and butterfly-ish

you have the power to be alluring
or
even unavailable

Interesting take. I actually mentioned this to H last night. That I've wanted to snuggle/cuddle with him or just walk up and kiss him like I used to do but didn't think he wanted me to so I didn't. He just looked at me in shock. Normally I do whatever I want regardless of what he says. LOL This morning's cuddle was nice. I surprised myself by doing it.

I do have the power to be alluring (what is that again?) or unavailable (which normally doesn't work, hence how OW came into the picture). Hadn't quite thought of it that way. It's been so long since I've WANTED to be alluring. Guess that's part of the reason I'm in this sitch now.

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
I've been thinking about fig's post about control. Since my H dropped the bomb, I have been letting him lead. Which means since he doesn't want to be here, I've been letting him lead me somewhere I don't want to go. That stops today. It's time I took control over me....for real this time. That doesn't mean I will be making any major R decisions but, it's time to put things into action. I'm tired of being stagnant. Might as well go all in with what the DB coach told me to do. What else do I have to lose?

I also realize that I've been so focused on making changes that I am forgetting the good parts of Ro that were there. Time to bring them back out.

Happy and loving life.
L
L
=@@=

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
C
C
I'm tired of being stagnant. Might as well go all in with what the DB coach told me to do. What else do I have to lose?

I also realize that I've been so focused on making changes that I am forgetting the good parts of Ro that were there. Time to bring them back out.

Good stuff Ro, put a plan together so you know what this looks like for you and make it more than an abstract idea!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard