Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
H
OP Offline
H
GAL--I got my hair trimmed and highlighted. I have not had highlights in my hair in over 8 years. If my H does see me, he is going to think "Whoah!" A 180 for me!!! Not that I did it for him, I wanted to try something new and reconnected with a friend who does hair (one of the many things that have come from this!)

Good things thus far:
*Made friends with one of my neighbor girlfriends
*Reconnected with a friend from grade school who does hair and I LOVE how she did it today.
*Reconnected with a friend from many years ago
*Became closer with a mutual friend that my H and I had (wife of one of his friends) She has been an amazing support
*Talking more with family
*Lost 15 pounds on the Divorce Diet (haha)

I'm sure there are more...

M: 27 H: 28 T: 8 yrs M: 6 yrs
Sep: 2/18/12 (I have no feelings for you!)
EA/PA Uncovered: 2/26/12
H introduces OW to his fam: June
H moves ALL stuff out: July

I'm living my truth without your lies..
W
W
Yay! You with your hair and me with my miniskirt!! Let's hit the town! Lol!

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Originally Posted By: hopingandpraying
My SIL just emailed me and said they told my H to not bring her around any time soon. She said not that he has mentioned it, but to not even think about it. With her writing that, I know that he is still seeing her for his sister to actually have to say that to him.

It made me have this sick feeling in my stomach because he is probably actually thinking about how he will introduce this girl to his family (a girl, who is also married).

try not to mind read so much. For all you know, he's suddenly realizing that he's made a bit of a mess. For now, that may "unite" them in an "us against the world" view, but it's also just plain messy.

His own family is supportive of YOU and that's a gesture of kindness to remember.

I know that he does not deserve me and I'm so much better than this other girl. A HUGE part of me now wants him out of my life and to never turn back. He has changed so much into a person I would NEVER want to be with.

if that is true about him, then it's better to know now, rather than a decade and 3 children later, isn't it?

I don't mean to sound anti-marriage but

then I think of my aunt...maybe your h is doing you a favor IF this is who he really is now.

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
H
OP Offline
H
Thank you, 25! I should not mind read, because I really don't know what my H has been thinking this whole time. Only he knows and I don't really think he truly knows..haha!

I'm not anti-marriage either, but you are right maybe it is a blessing in disguise!

I'm not ready to give up yet, but only time will tell.

H
OP Offline
H
So, my H is being more open about their R because he told his good friend that he is still seeing her. He also told his friend that his R with her did not start until he ended things with me, which is not true! Yes, we decided to separate but the terms of the separation were to NOT see other people. AND, he was calling her before he separated from me!

It makes me sad sometimes, because he did just decide to end our marriage for another woman and obviously picked her over me...after all that we have been through. I feel used and cheated!

15 days going dark...and NOTHING from H! I don't understand it...

N
N
Hoping - Sorry to hear that...
Fact is the WAS will lie to portray themselves in a better light and to make sure they aren't perceived to be bad people. At the end of the day who cares?

My W told a friend that she "recently" got a boyfriend - I know they have been seeing each other off and on for 18 months (at least 6 months before the bomb) - at the end of the day focus on yourself not what they say or do.

M47
W45
D10 (Has CP)
D7
M12 T14
ILYBINILWY 5/1/11
Asked for seperation 5/10/11
Seriously DBing 7/1/11
W admitted to 2 EA's on 11/3/11.
Evidence of PA 11/5/11 - Definite evidence of PA 11/20/11
D - Final 7/11/12
H
OP Offline
H
You are right NYC..it doesn't really matter what story he is telling people to make him feel better. It still bothers me though because I just can't believe that he's in a way trying to make me look like the bad guy!

I do need to focus on me. I focus on him less and less each day, but still want us to work...not sure why?!?!

A
A
H&P you still want it to work because you are still in love with "what was." That is not the case anymore. The marriage you had is over. That is what I had to get through my head, and we would have been married 25 years on May 15th. The person I fell in love with is no longer the person he is today....maybe he never was the person I thought. I don't know, and quite frankly I don't care.

I like getting to know me again...I am actually quite cool! I do get lonely, and mourn what could have been...we all do. But that is a part of the process. I am moving forward, and I am going to be healthy, happy and ready for whatever life hands me. YOU will be happy and healthy too...and ready to face whatever the future has in store for you.

I do believe that time will heal all, and that the karma bus has all our WAS's numbers!!!!! They will come to realize one day what they so foolishly threw away. Have faith, and take care of you.

You is kind, you is smart, you is important! LOL:)

W
W
H&P

Of course he is going to portray himself in the best light possible. No one wants to be branded as a cheater. When H admitted his A to me he started to go down that road of how it was my fault and I drove him to it. I think they tell themselves that so they can rationalize their behavior, but it isn't enough to tell the lie, they actually have to believe it, because then it isn't a lie.

You know the truth. That's all that matters.

And you want to work on the marriage because you took a vow for better or for worse. We all did. We are not quitters and if there is a chance of restoring the love that was once there, we feel it is worth the risk.

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, girls!!

I feel sad again, because if we do follow through with the D, I found out my state is a no-fault state, which I thought it was a fault state because one lawyer told me it was and many more have told me no. I wanted him to feel some kind of responsibility for this, but I guess you are all right...that I know the truth!

I sometimes just want to be done with all of this...I shouldn't want to be with someone who does not want to be with me and is 'okay' with replacing me with another woman while we were married and still continues to date her!

I want my old life back that I had 6 short months ago, but I can't wallow in that. I have to push forward and continue to GAL!

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard