Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
T
OP Offline
T
What are some tips to not let your W's mood dictate yours. For example she is back to being quiet to me. Sort of predictable. Easter is over and she got what she wanted. I went to put son on bus and she was quiet. I just said have a great day and went on my way. Are there any tips or things to think about to not let W's mood dictate mine. I'm working on this in counseling too. It's sort of comical. That is one thing I try to tell myself through this process.

A
A
Until you detach, her moods will affect yours. There is no way around it. 2thepoint gave great advice just before this, when she asks you to do something say no every other time. You are busy, this is what D feels like. She can't feel it if you are there all of the time

I'm glad you are working on it with your IC too. It takes time but when you detach, it feels amazing. It is for you, not for her.

-Autumn

T
OP Offline
T
Spent 2 1/2 hours today on detachment. Working hard on it

A
A
I know it is very difficult at first but trust me it does get easier. You will find yourself focusing on the sitch less and less and really enjoying your days. Hang in there netmaster.

-Autumn

T
OP Offline
T
I did have a good detach weekend before Easter . She had kids and was hurting. But now seems like there is a kid activity every night between sports and school.

Another tricky situation is my lease up June 1 but need to let owners know by may 1st.

No clue how to handle this one yet.

Originally Posted By: netmaster
I did have a good detach weekend before Easter . She had kids and was hurting. But now seems like there is a kid activity every night between sports and school.

Another tricky situation is my lease up June 1 but need to let owners know by may 1st.

No clue how to handle this one yet.

Renew your lease for another 6 months or 1 year. Assume this is your new life. If things change, you can always break the lease.

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
T
OP Offline
T
What about trying to get back under same roof. I can try month to month too.

~
~
How about this then, NM...

Ask your W if you can move back in once your lease is over.

My view is your plans need to be structured around you never getting back with your W. If it happens, great! But if you live your life hoping, praying, expecting...then you will remain attached to her changes in mood, behavior and actions. You'll end up like a plastic bag stuck to the under carriage of a car traveling down the hwy, all the while flapping uncontrollably in the wind.

See my point?

If you pay month to month, it is like you expect to get back under the same roof with your W. Think about how that is going to feel every month that it doesn't happen. Is that what you want for yourself?

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
T
OP Offline
T
KD I was going to do that and if she says no renew a lease somewhere better for a year and assume its done like 2thepoint states.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard