Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
OP Offline
H
Time to start a new thread. Thanks BF! H. still in a hurry. Can't believe the new reality I live in after just 3 months since bomb. But just having to deal, after all the logistics, maybe I will have some time to breathe and figure out me and what will make me happy.

My hope comes from a place that maybe once I get me all good, there will be some contact with h. for him to see. 17 years, 17 months. Even if it, R, never happens I will have gotten thru this in one piece. Thank God for this board and all the great people.

C
C

Me-70, D37,S36
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Cadet. I had no idea how to do that!

H
OP Offline
H
Well, h. called about movers and lawn mowing. He is in terrible shape right now after back surgery. He was good the day he was released, but a few days later he had terrible pain that woke him up. He's been on vicadin. Now dr. is putiing him on oxycodone. The worry is maybe a piece of the disc broke off or they missed it and it's floating around, hence the pain. He said he has never felt this much pain and is basically bedridden. He said at one point he actually screamed. Not like him at all.

I am seriously worried, it could mean another surgery. Just hope the new meds work. He doesn't see his doc till friday. So he was very chatty, has been the last few days. Maybe it's the drugs! We weren't finished with convo then he got another call he had to take. Crap, I hope it wasn't his lawyer calling about latest neg. over money. I mean, this is hard. I still love him and care about him.

H
OP Offline
H
This day just keeps getting better, not. To get a moving quote you have to list everything you are going to move. I'm supposed to have a box count, right I'm not even finished packing. Think moving date will have to be extended.

F
F
HIW,

I may be remembering this wrong when H & I moved 10 years ago, but I thought the moving company came to the house and estimated how many boxes you'd have to move and then give you an quote on the cost. (Also included in the quote would be any furniture that you'd be moving.)

Good luck!!

{{{Hugs}}}

Me: 42 H: 44
M: 17 1/2 T: 19 1/2
S: 14
D: 10
D: 8
Dog: 16-17 (very old & H's responsibility, live w/ me)
1st Bomb (I need space): 2/3/12
2nd Bomb (ILYBNILWY): 2/11/12
Moved out: 2/12/12
H
OP Offline
H
Nemo, I think eventually they will come out. This is for a free online quote. Getting the keys to condo on Saturday. Have to do a lot of measuring to make sure of what I really be moving.

Talked to h. about movers this a.m. Still in pain. At one point he howled into the phone from a spasm. He mentioned still hadn't heard from his L. Hate this.

H
OP Offline
H
I just walked into my kitchen. It has lots of cabinents. As I empty them I put a post it on the door - done. It helps me to see progress and how much is left. I just appreciated the irony of looking at 20 post its - done, done, done, done... I'm not but he is.

B
B
i need boxes. i get a sense of satisfaction packing things and getting them out the door. i sorted out books on the one shelf and got rid of some. was very proud of myself. packed a lot of H's paperwork in a box which i am going to stick in his side of the closet (they have been sitting on a shelf in the living room for months!). maybe i'm trying to control my environment since i have so little control over my M?

sorry. didn't mean to ramble. check the alt lately?

also.. it's only done when you're done.

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
H
OP Offline
H
Is alt fb? I have been in such a tizzy regarding h. pain and sit. plus waiting for l. bomb to drop on him, packing, eye dr., trying to research movers and reading this board I haven't looked into it. Maybe I will check now.I may have signed up but I never set up a page. Not good at that kind of stuff, that's what I had an IT h. for! Also, do you work in a specialty? This whole surgery thing is so scary when things don't go particulary well. I think I mentioned, when talking to him today he howled out in pain just by making a small shift in position. Scary, he's usually very stoic.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard