Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Mishka! I don't know who this person is, but I sure do like her smile The real me is peeking her head out finally!

-Autumn

M
M
Okay. This post just gave me the LoL I needed to get my lazy butt out of bed, and face the day!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
S
S
Originally Posted By: Autumn Leaves
Thanks Mishka! I don't know who this person is, but I sure do like her smile The real me is peeking her head out finally!

I think she's pretty awesome. whistle whistle whistle

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
C
C
Yay coming out of the LBS fog. laugh

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
A
OP Offline
A
Well I am coming out of the LBS fog, I know this is true. But I also think the three of you directly above nudged me a bit, and I thank you for that. I thank all who supported me very much but you three are definitely not hesitant to tell me like it is, and I needed that. smile

-Autumn

S
S

Imagine that. smirk

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
So I had an appointment with my physician this morning. He was treating me with AD and knew a little about my sitch. My entire family has been going to him for a LONG time.

So this morning he asked how things are going and an update, so I told him that we were telling the boys tonight and separating on Friday.

He referred me to an IC that can help me more and really sat and listened to me. He is a fatherly type, I really like him.

When I explained the sitch and the deal breakers that were broken, he said that H was exhibiting signs of depression for sure and suspected bipolar which was surprising but I guess not totally out there.

He said it sounds like he is hitting rock bottom or at least close, and I said "I sure hope he doesn't go any lower than this" Self medicating with alcohol and substances is not ok. He said he doesn't want a dr tossing AD's at him but yet he is still self medicating, he can't see it.

He agreed that I am doing the right thing by asking him to move out temporarily and asked me to keep the boys safe at all times, which of course I will.

He asked me if I plan to reconcile, counsel, or divorce. I said that I am taking it day by day, working on me and the boys and not thinking that far. He said that sounds like a good plan and wants to see me again in a month.

I feel like he is one more extension to my support system.

I had to take the kids in this afternoon, they both have upper respiratory infections, and he said "you seem good" It is when I am with the kids, they make me laugh and really keep my spirits up.

I've never allowed myself to be open to support and I am so glad that I am over that now, It is not weak to need support. We all do from time to time smile

-Autumn

V
V
I've never allowed myself to be open to support and I am so glad that I am over that now, It is not weak to need support. We all do from time to time smile

I can so relate to this. As my mother told me... one day when I said.. "but I need to be stronger"...

..she replied.

"No you NEED to allow people to love you. Don't rob them of the gifts and blessings they WANT to give you".

Love my mom for that.

We are meant to support and be supported by others. That is how we were designed.

Keep up the good work!

M(f): 40
D'ed: 8/12

Show empathy when there's pain. Show grace when warranted. Kindness in the midst of anger. Faith in the face of fear.

Love at all costs because you are loved well.
A
OP Offline
A
Your mom is one smart lady Val, and so are you!

-Autumn

S
S
Your mom is one smart lady Val, and so are you!

. . . and your doctor sounds like a very wise and kind man. smile

I'm really glad you have him on your team. grin

Starsky

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard