A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out. Go to the new Divorce Busting® Store where you can sign up for Divorce Busting® Coaching and purchase Michele's Audios, Videos and eBooks that you can immediately download. Start taking the steps that will help you get your marriage back on track right away.

The OnLine Community updates are now complete and we are up and running as usual. Thanks for your patience.
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#2216447 - 01/27/12 10:21 PM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: TRUSTING]
Queen_of_Swords Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm thinking about doing something similar. Having the house blessed. Burning incense, or something else significant. Planting something over something I've buried.
I just have to think about what would have meaning for me. Maybe the thinking about it is enough.
M-26yrs, H.left 2009, 2 more Bomb drops, Reconnection spring 2013
Change is inevitable, personal growth is a choice.
Love is a action and choice you make, every day.

#2216580 - 01/28/12 06:49 AM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: Queen_of_Swords]
AntoniaB Offline

I think some rituals are good as far as what you're talking about here...I had a friend come and do a "cleanse" of the house; she had gone to a wiccan store and got sage and burned it, and she walked through every room and said a little prayer. We also had a fire outside and she had me write down things I wanted to banish from the house and things I wanted to bring in to the house, and we read them out loud and burned the list. She isn't actually a wiccan; she's like a mixture of new agey-Christian :-) But we sort of made our own rituals.

I will tell you that as nice as it was to have my friend "cleanse" the house that it didn't "work" to change things entirely. In some ways I think I had her cleanse it prematurely, and my sense of things really shifting came later. But I don't regret that she did it. As far as I'm concerned, I regularly light incense or candles in my house and pray, or do tarot cards, or whatever, and every time I'm really feeling pulled back into the past I notice I tend to do these sort of rituals again. They calm me, and they make me feel like I'm actively trying to move forward. I think doing them repeatedly makes me feel progress.

There are many things you can do, from the candles to incense to reading little essays out loud, or writing down a list of affirmations, reading them aloud, putting them under your pillow; or conversely, writing a list of things you want to let go of and then burning them after reading them.

I think all of this is really important, whatever you choose, becuase it helps you to concretize what's inside you--if you turn what is inside into a visual memory it will become stronger in your mind. Then you can recall those moments when you are in pain later.
"Fall down 53 times. Get up 54." -- Zen saying

#2216731 - 01/28/12 07:24 PM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: AntoniaB]
Queen_of_Swords Offline

Quote:
I think all of this is really important, whatever you choose, becuase it helps you to concretize what's inside you--if you turn what is inside into a visual memory it will become stronger in your mind. Then you can recall those moments when you are in pain later

That's a really good point Antonia.
I think I'll hit the shops for some incense and write a eulogy of sorts, and burn it along with a photo of the two of us and maybe a copy of my marriage certificate.

Thanks for that input! Hugs to you and your kitties.

#2223049 - 02/17/12 08:34 PM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: Queen_of_Swords]
Queen_of_Swords Offline

I have nothing really new to report.
I won't bore you with what has happened, it's pretty much irrelevant anyway. Another anniversary has passed, still married, but very alone.
I live, I breathe, I work, I take care of the kids and myself.
He who shall not be named here is as confused, lost, scared and indecisive as ever.Nothing I can do about that.
I take things as they come, and roll with most of it.
My expectations of life and of others are pretty low when it comes to anything these days.
When I have to interact with He who shall not be named, it's matter of fact, unemotional, and brief.
There is nothing left to say to him. I have told him I can no longer play along with him that everything is "ok" between us. It's not, and I can't talk to him in superficial, social chatter anymore.

My love for him has changed. I care for his general well being, wish him health and happiness, but in may ways, what love I had for him has died.
I'm not the same person I was. I now realize I asked for very little out of my marriage and relationship, and that's exactly what I got...little.
I want more than what I had.

#2223058 - 02/17/12 08:51 PM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: Queen_of_Swords]
WenikiTiki Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Hi Queen!

Wow did your last post hit with me. I can feel my love fading for my H. Sadly.

I agree with wanting more than you had.

I was reading the part where it was suggested to write out what you want to let go of then burn it. I will highly suggest to use crayons to write with. It makes a better visual, and then the wax in the crayons really gives it a nice flame!

Burn it in the BBQ or a metal sink. Less chance to burn the house down by accident. I'm just sayin'!

#2233123 - 03/25/12 03:30 AM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: WenikiTiki]
Queen_of_Swords Offline

Update:
Well it's now 30 months since bomb drop.
Nothing new to report really.
I've thrown a few truth darts that have got him thinking, but overall his behavior is much the same. The routine is the same, I'm just a day older, and a day closer to being totally fed up with the whole situation and walking away myself.
I think X is sensing that, and he's texting more lately.
Our MLC'ers have their heads up their derrieres so far they can see their own tonsils!

#2234523 - 03/31/12 05:38 AM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: Queen_of_Swords]
Queen_of_Swords Offline

Please close this thread.
As this drags on and on, the situation is losing interest. Even to me.

#2234527 - 03/31/12 05:56 AM Re: Approaching the Treeline, Muskeg no longer [Re: Queen_of_Swords]
WenikiTiki Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Sorry to hear that. I'm still with you on that too. Losing intrest. Planning a whole new future.

Looked out the window today and saw H working on his projects to sell the house so he can be with OW. I wasn't annoyed, just kinda thinking "Whatever...."

You sound like an interesting person. I'm sure you have a fun life started up!

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  dbmod, Jack_Three_Beans, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004