Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Starsky! Sorry I haven't updated. I have been trying to post for the past day and 1/2 but haven't been able to look at myself in the mirror let alone say it out loud, but here it goes.

It's been a rough few days, after I was doing well for a bit. Let me preface this by saying, I know what I need to do and I've started doing it smile

After my last post, H was seriously on his best behavior and pursuing and I guess I was wearing down a bit because when he asked me to go out with him Friday night in celebration of his bday, I agreed. He said "its the only thing I really want for my bday" I don't know if it was guilt, obligation, wanting to feel like it used to...but I went.

It was awkward for me most of the night and he thanked me for going. He said it was great, although I don't know how he didn't feel as awkward as I did?

The next evening we had a thing for the kids basketball league, we are both on the Board and had to attend. I spent most of the night with friends and he with his friends. Sadly I was vulnerable and really confused, there were moments of the "old days". We ended up ML

I told him on Sunday that it was a mistake and that it was too confusing for both of us. He agreed and said he understands. But he was still trying to keep that connection, so not sure he heard me. I think he thinks he can just make it go away.

Last night I tried to really clear it up and said "it was a mistake, and way too soon for that type of contact" I explained that nothing has changed, and I don't trust him so I can't possibly be intimate."

I was weak and I'm sad that I did it, which is telling in itself I suppose. This is the same person who just weeks ago was telling me that he was angry all the time and didn't know why. He didn't want to talk to me about anything and was talking to OW.

Now he is telling me he wants to spend all of his time with me, not giving me any space and misses me during the day at work. I told him that I can't say that anymore and that makes me sad. He didn't say anything to that.

H made some comments last night that really helped me realize I am making the right decisions. After discussing everything, he texted suggestions about ML again (no boundaries or care for my feelings). When I created space he said "you're the one who initiated the no contact rule"

I've been beating myself up and even avoided posting, but it is now time to pull myself up and get back to what was working and that is focusing on me, and my life, my future.

A friend invited me to go out on Friday night, and I will be taking her up on that for sure. I plan to get back to self care, and that includes no longer beating myself up over my slips.

I haven't yet figured out what will happen for Easter. Since we are still under one roof and his family knows nothing, I will most likely go with them on Sunday. Not to mention I really want to be with my kids. There are plenty of people to talk to, and I will be just fine. Especially now that I will be setting my boundaries once again.

-Autumn

A
OP Offline
A
Sorry MF, was posting the update when you posted. I'm glad your trip is going well

-Autumn

S
S
Originally Posted By: Autumn Leaves

The next evening we had a thing for the kids basketball league, we are both on the Board and had to attend. I spent most of the night with friends and he with his friends. Sadly I was vulnerable and really confused, there were moments of the "old days". We ended up ML

Wait, is this the same incident you told me about on 3/25, or a second one?

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
I've been thinking about Easter ever since I posted this and wondering if that is just me being selfish and not wanting to be without my kids. I'm starting to think that I should go to my fathers for the weekend. Both of my brothers will be there, and I will have the time and space that I need desperately.

What his family knows/thinks is none of my business. I love them very much but don't want to put on a face for anyone.

Not sure yet how I will handle the kids, will most likely let them go with H so the can be with their cousins

-Autumn

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Starsky309

Wait, is this the same incident you told me about on 3/25, or a second one?
Starsky

Not the same one frown

-Autumn

M
M
I hope you used protection!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
C
C
Autumn, so much of your sitch sounds like mine. And I'm sorry to admit I've made many of the same mistakes as you have. At least there's some comfort in knowing that it's just basic human nature. I won't beat myself up anymore if you don't. (hug)

Me:49 WAW H:59
T:19.5 M:19
S:13
L
L
Autumn, please don't beat yourself up. You're human, we have feelings, we do things, life goes on.

We aren't keeping score. wink

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
M
M
She's back to square one.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
L
L
and life goes on...

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard