Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
S
Ok then!

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
A
That's all encouraging but heed Starsky's advice -- don't jump through hoops. If she tells you to say something, make her wait / work for it. She'll appreciate it more when she gets it that way. Immediately jumping through the hoop is not attractive as Starsky pointed out.

Accuray

Married 18, Together 20, Now Divorced
M: 48, W: 50, D: 18, S: 16, D: 12
Bomb Dropped (EA, D): 7/13/11
Start Reconcile: 8/15/11
Bomb Dropped (EA, D): 5/1/2014 (Divorced)
In a New Relationship: 3/2015
S
S
Sad, if you doubt it, ask 10 women.

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
OP Offline
S
A/S,

Thank you for the advice. The only hoops I will be jumping through are for my kids at this time.

W told me that she cancelled her appointment with her attorney. I am not reading anything into that.

SIW

M:39
W:38
S:12
D:8
S
S
Originally Posted By: Sad in WI
A/S,
She also told me that she wanted me to tell her that I have been enjoying spending time with her. She told me she needs to hear these things as she thinks things would be better if I told her how I fealt.

Starsky,
R came up and told her that I enjoyed the time together with her and the kids.

W told me that she cancelled her appointment with her attorney. I am not reading anything into that.

Really? I think it's rather obvious.

Starsky

S
OP Offline
S
Starsky309,

Took your advice and have not sent a non kid/financial e-mail to her. Have not discussed the R or our M.

I have no problem giving my W space and letting her do her own thing. My focus through this process was being the best dad that I could be for my kids.

W told me that she has purposely been hands off with the kids the last few weeks.

I have no problem takings things day by day continuing to build my R with the kids, continue doing my 180's and working on GAL activities.

When it comes to my W I am trying to live without any expectations, but this is hard. The last two weeks she has been more intimate with me than we have been in a long time. She is also wanting to talk more and more. We are also doing more things together as a family.

As I previously stated W has indicated that she beleives that all this change is a temporary thing. I simply state that I am taking things day by day and that I am sorry she feels that way. It took her a long time to get where she is and will take a long time to get passed where we are.

Do I keep doing what I am doing and wait for my W to initiate any talk of reconciliation? Part of me hopes that she does not bring it up and that we take it slowly day by day. Then the impatient me would like her to put her ring on, etc. etc.

I think that there will be a time for this to come up and if I bring it up I may cause her to move two steps back.

L
L
It sounds like you are really doing great right now.

Must be empowering for you.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
OP Offline
S
Labug,

Thanks for the kind words. Is it normal to feel empowered and hopeless the next hour? Is is really hard for me to not want to try and fix things (i.e. my marriage).

I took your advice to heart about my W providing a road map for the problems in our M. My R with the kids is sooo much better and they no longer follow the W wherever she goes.

I am hoping you can help me with this: W told me I was not there for such a long time regarding us, the kids and finances. I am doing more for the kids and when it comes to finances it is getting better. If my W is telling me I have not been there is it the best to detach from her? We are talking more and I do not see her pushing back as much as she used to. Wouldn't that be counter intuitive to improving our R? Just wanted your perspective. I really appreciate the advice you and others have provided.

SIW

W
W
Quote:
My R with the kids is sooo much better and they no longer follow the W wherever she goes.
Hey SIW... it's been a bit since I checked in on your sitch and this totally caught my eye.

Do you remember when this crap started? You were so concerned because the kids wouldn't do anything without W. So see? Progress! Celebrate the small changes and successes.

Yes, maybe this will have no impact on piecing your M back together, but it IS a good thing for your kids.

Married 6 together 8
Me:38 W:31 second marriage for both
SS12, SD10, S6
Bomb: 9/8/11 (day before our 5 yr ann)
W moved out: 2/18/12
D final: 11/12/12
Share S 50/50. Spend as much time as I can with SS & SD
S
OP Offline
S
WHG,

Thank you, I was thinking about this myself. We should get together and go to a Brewers Game.

SIW

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard