Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
G
OP Offline
G
I also have no problem with him not posting to others yet. He's working on himself and I'd guess he does not yet feel qualified to comment on others. 25 to Crimson.

^^I too feel this way. I am not qualified to offer much out side of the occassional hug or "hang in there". My sitch is very simple too. No kids, my wife bailed and won't talk to me.
I have detached and I keep very busy. I am not always inclined to come on the boards and whine about my sitch. Yes, I know that this is the place for it,and occassionaly I will come on and share a rough patch. Make no mistake, this hurts me beyong descriprion every single day. I miss my girl beyond description. Still, it does me no good to come here and say the exact same thing everyday. Make sense?

M
M
You post from what is inside of your heart....

You post from your experiences dealing with things. You post from what you have learned, and felt, and worked through. You take a little and you give a little. You laugh, you cry, you hurt, and you heal with the people in the trenches with you.

You will make some of the best friends that you have ever had, and you will make some enemies.

Nobody here is an expert on any of this. Everything is advice, and should only be taken at that level. Some posters advice is taken with more salt than others, some posts are taken with less.

It doesn't really matter in the end. What is real, is the emotion that the poster has inside of them.

Behind every number, on every post, there is another human. A human that is hurting on some level. Some of them have healed and are thriving, some are desperate for human contact with another compassionate soul that can help them feel just a little better about themselves.

Some are looking for that one post, that will help them overcome the fear, and loneliness that they are feeling inside. That one post that will give them the strength to face one more day, or take one more step forward. One never knows if they could be that one post, if they don't try....

What you apply Monkey, is the laughter that is essential to the healing process. You are capable of more, and that will come in time. If you are only comfortable in your role, then all of us here are blessed, and better for having that in our day.

I believe that you have more to offer though....the difference is, that YOU have to believe it too...

R
R
Monkly....every sinlge post I have ever seen you make has absolutely made me feel better than you will ever know, which then helps my W and boys lives and so on through time forward. Don't underestimate what a man or monkey with a good heart can do....it ripples outward forever...

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks brothers. I'll post more tonight after work.

Originally Posted By: Mach1
You post from what is inside of your heart....

You post from your experiences dealing with things. You post from what you have learned, and felt, and worked through. You take a little and you give a little. You laugh, you cry, you hurt, and you heal with the people in the trenches with you.

You will make some of the best friends that you have ever had, and you will make some enemies.

Nobody here is an expert on any of this. Everything is advice, and should only be taken at that level. Some posters advice is taken with more salt than others, some posts are taken with less.

It doesn't really matter in the end. What is real, is the emotion that the poster has inside of them.

Behind every number, on every post, there is another human. A human that is hurting on some level. Some of them have healed and are thriving, some are desperate for human contact with another compassionate soul that can help them feel just a little better about themselves.

Some are looking for that one post, that will help them overcome the fear, and loneliness that they are feeling inside. That one post that will give them the strength to face one more day, or take one more step forward. One never knows if they could be that one post, if they don't try....

What you apply Monkey, is the laughter that is essential to the healing process. You are capable of more, and that will come in time. If you are only comfortable in your role, then all of us here are blessed, and better for having that in our day.

I believe that you have more to offer though....the difference is, that YOU have to believe it too...

Really nice post, M1!!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
M
M
Thanks 2....

I forgot to add.....

What you post, and how you heal is very important to everyone that reads your posts....

What we will never know, is the lurkers, that are not comfortable enough to come forward and share their story with us.

I hope if any read this, that you will find that something that helps sooth your soul, and maybe come and share your story with us....

We never fully know who our words will affect, and how....

P
P
Mnky, you've always provided a smile and a 'lighter side of things' perspective for me. Your posts are always thoughtful and compassionate. Please don't think that you never have something to offer one of us.... I always enjoy a visit from the mnky smile

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard