Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30
S
S
Wow - that's a good price! My son used to do the audio for the Raptors & the Leafs at the ACC. He was just filling in for someone who was off for a while but he would sure love to get in there full time. Enjoy celebrating MY anniversary! Yes - April Fool's Day will be the 8th anniversary of my first date with Josh!

2 sporting events in one week? Whose idea? Are you going to the National Ballet after that - you know - in fairness?

Barb

S
S
Wow - April 1 is coming up fast. Bet we don't even have plans. But I do know this - I will be HOME by then!

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne

2 sporting events in one week? Whose idea? Are you going to the National Ballet after that - you know - in fairness?

Barb

Hey, what's wonderful about this is SHE likes basketball and baseball. It doesn't get much better for a guy than that lol!
She called me tonight and she is sick. Now she's got a cold, slight fever and cough. Her employer asked her if she was alright and she said "NO, I'm not alright. I'm exhausted." Employer asked her why and she actually said "I worked 14 hours yesterday, I'm 43 years old and I can't work like this anymore. My spirit wants to but my body doesn't" Wow, that is an amazing thing for an Asian lady to say to her employer. She even said tonight that if she's still feeling unwell tomorrow she's gonna...wait for it...take the day off! She usually works right through being sick. The Asian mind set around work is just boggling. You don't speak up to your employer for ANY reason and you work no matter what. I told her I'm proud of her for speaking up and saying what she felt. She said her employer was kind of stunned and didn't know what to say. Her friends are telling her to leave but she wants to stay until her friend comes from HK to take her place. She's afraid if she leaves her employer will hire within the country and her friend will not have a job to come to. This friend helped her when she went to HK to work so she feels she must help her now. So she's sticking it out. She could get a care giver job with less hours and more money pretty easily, as there is a shortage of caregivers in Canada at the moment. but she's staying for her friend. Anyway, that's my update. Tomorrow night I'm taking my girls out to dinner at the Persian restaurant ex gave me a voucher for. I figure I might as well spend her money on our girls and not just on my dates lol. It should be fun.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Two of my nieces came to Canada on caregiver visas. The one got a fantastic family, who actually paid for her nursing fees when she left. The other had two families who took her for granted so much, that she has little respect for a certain type of the population in Canada (the people who can afford live-in nannies). She was a nanny in England for a long time, and she was very well looked after. She was never asked to work just because the mom didn't feel like putting her own kids to bed. And she always went on holidays with them, and was still given her time off, so she could explore.

If there's a shortage of caregivers in Canada, it would be very unlikely for them to fire her for demanding her rights.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
S
S
Well, good for her for sticking up for herself. I can picture the employer - it is beyond me how some people can actually be parents yet never take care of their own children. Reminds me of "The Help".

Nice for you that she likes sports. I did the opposite. I don't like going to sporting events or watching them on tv so after being raised in a family where the guys took over the tv for hockey - I found a guy who didn't care about watching or going to sporting events. We all do what we have to do.

Wow - how many restaurant vouchers did your ex give you for Christmas? Last gift I got was 9 years ago and it was a jar of kumquats. Whatever they're for. It was obvious that maggot picked it out. UGH! Mostly I got a kick in the teeth.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Well, I knew it! She went to work today "but I can rest in the afternoon after the kids leave for tennis camp" I responded "take a long rest. Make SDA Lady #1 priority for the rest of the day OK!" Damn that Asian work ethic frown

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Well, I knew it! She went to work today "but I can rest in the afternoon after the kids leave for tennis camp" I responded "take a long rest. Make SDA Lady #1 priority for the rest of the day OK!" Damn that Asian work ethic frown

She just responded to my text, she wrote "Thank you for caring about me. I'm so lucky to know you. Have a great day!" What a sweetie.

W
OP Offline
W
just got a text "I am sooooo sick...and I miss U!" Hm, feeling really bad reminds her of me...is that good lol?

W
OP Offline
W
I took my girls out for dinner last night at the Persian restaurant. We had a nice evening together and they left stuffed...thanks mostly to their mother's money lol! I brought my camera to record the event. D18 says "you shouldn't be allowed to have a camera!" she mentioned "I tell my friends about the pictures you take with that thing and they think you're so cool but I tell them 'no he's not' " I replied "Wasn't it you the other evening who said that if people did useful things with their time there would be no art?" she said "OMG, you think taking pictures of people sleeping at the mall is art!" Artists are so misunderstood.

K
K
You should blow up the pictures and put them on the wall. then she will see you as the artist that we know you to be. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard