Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
OP Offline
Final preparations are underway for my long anticipated trip to Spain. I leave in the morning. Today I wrapped up job interview #4 and I hope to hear something in the next few days about next steps. I would love nothing more than to come home to a new job and a new life!

I'm feeling a little melancholy about the trip though. I feel like I am abandoning my family and my W.

Today, W had a Dr appointment with her pulmonary Dr. and she was told that they now don't believe that she had pneumonia after all. Instead the Dr's believe that she had a virus in her heart that caused her to experience heart failure and what they initially thought was pneumonia was actually the side affects from the virus/heart failure.

So now my W is even more depressed about her illness than she had been because the primary issue was her heart and not the pneumonia. The past few days she has been what she termed "terribly emotional". I've tried to engage her but haven't had much luck. I feel really bad for her and am concerned about her emotional health.

Tonight I told her that I was prepared to cancel my trip if she felt she needed me to stick around. She said so, I want you to go and have a great time. So I guess that is what I will do.

I still feel pretty crappy though and hope I can shake this funk!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
L
L
You will! Once you get up in the air and out of the pull of W's gravity, you'll be great!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
S
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
I'm feeling a little melancholy about the trip though. I feel like I am abandoning my family and my W.

I can empathize 2. For a long time I couldn't bring myself to even go out to a bar for happy hour and miss dinner w/ my kids because I felt like I was abandoning them.

I think being the LBS causes us to overemphasize this dynamic and in fact it is the opposite. We are doing everything in our power to keep our family together.

Be proud of that and prepare yourself for a trip of a lifetime!

Can't wait to hear about it!!

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
OP Offline
Hi folks! Quick GAL update.

I've been in Spain since Saturday morning and am really loving the culture, the people, the architecture and the food!

Today, my friends and I took the train to Toledo (pronounced "Tolaytho"). What an amazing city/village! I wish I could post pictures because you would be amazed.

Apart from walking up and down the curving old cobblestone streets (only wide enough for a car and pedestrians) snapping pictures of everything, my friends and I went to a museum that was doing an exhibit on Leonardo Di Vinci which we found to be very interesting.

The museum was also hosting an exhibit on torture devices used during the time of the Spanish Inquisition. It is quite alarming to see just how barbaric people in a position of authority were way back then. Some of the devices were cruel beyond description.

I'd be lying though if the thought of deploying one or two of the devices on our WAS's didn't cross my mind. grin Of course, these were just fleeting thoughts!

So there you have it. I hope everyone is doing well.

Oh, did I tell you that my WAW took me to the airport and gave me a big hug as she sent me on my way? smile

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25

P
P
The torture devices would be interesting on a WAS smile

Spain sounds amazing!! Have a wonderful time!!!

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
I
I
Can you ship a device or two home for use on OM/OW as needed too?

;-)

Me:34, W:33
M:11 T:18
D1:6yo
D2&3:4yo (twins)
Bomb/ILYBNILWY/EA w/ co-worker: Oct 2011
Still in house together, she has move out date set for May 27, we tell the kids May 24...I hate "May"
OP Offline
OK this GAL is getting out of hand! Last night I went to bed around 1:00 am (7pm back home). I fall asleep pretty quickly which is not a surprise considering I was trudging up and down ancient cobblestones pathways most of the previous day.

As has been my habit since arriving in Spain, I wake up at 4:00 am and can't fall back to sleep. So I surf the net for a few minutes, begin to feel sleepy again, close my eyes and when I open them again it is 12:00 noon!! Ack! Half the day is gone!

I think I'll go back to sleep again! smile

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25

C
C
Glad you trip is going so well! And definitely a positive with the hug! Have fun!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
N
N
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
Oh, did I tell you that my WAW took me to the airport and gave me a big hug as she sent me on my way? smile

No, you forgot to mention that!! That's great!

I'm so glad you're having a good trip!

Me:32 H:34 T:14.5 M:9.5 S:5 BD: 11/25/11

S
S
Only a few days left 2, make the most of it. Can't wait to see, read, hear more about it.

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard