Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30
W
OP Offline
W
I forgot to mention this gem! While we were embracing, SDA Lady brushes her hand up my leg and stops on my wallet. She says "Wow, you've got a really big one!"...Can you believe it, I let that go without a comment. You can't imagine how difficult that was for me lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
he he, Voldy just called me re the residence stuff and she knows nothing...and I actually researched it! Whose the good parent now lol. Gotta go, let the fun begin.

W
OP Offline
W
Yes, three and a half hours of discussion re: daughters residence plans. She's gonna go but discovered that the fee and form have to be submitted by Monday noon...at the University Residence Office. She asked if I could go downtown and deliver it and I said No. She wants to be independent than she has to learn to fix her own mistakes. She's going downtown herself. We told her how to get there, mapped it out for her and I said "if you don't find it, you'll be living with us again next year!" I have mixed feelings about this. It's damn expensive to live in residence versus home but it's also a good experience. Whether the money will hold out for her to continue living in residence beyond this year is another story. I guess we'll revisit it next year. I'd rather her be at home as it's far less expensive and she wouldn't have to float a student loan but...we shall see. We've put away enough money for four years of university...if she's at home otherwise she's got to borrow. Hey, Voldy and D18 didn't have one fight in the entire 3.5 hours...that's gotta be a first!
My brain is tired tonight. Bye for now.

K
K
I feel bad! When S19 were talking about school ex wasn't around. It was just my son and I. I told him that if he wanted to go to KU he would need to show me that he really wanted to go there by working to get scholarships independent of the University because they only give out really small ones. He didn't do any of the work to get one. So he focused more on the local university.

He had the grades to get scholarships with them. On top of that he got an extra scholarship just for going to a local high school. We agreed since he hadn't been really big on being away from home before he might want to go to the local university and live at home for a couple of years. After that, if he wanted to transfer, he could. I paid my own way through school. It took me an extra year to get done and I kept up my scholarships. He is trying to follow in my footsteps.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
I guess there's no right or wrong and there's many paths to getting that education. I just texted D18 to see how her delivery went downtown today. She told me she delivered both documents and the money order. She was trying to find her way back to the subway and thought she'd stop in and check out the residence she'd chosen on the form. I said "Way to go, University girl. Love U"
Yesterday I was downtown with SDA lady, she wanted to get her hair done in Chinatown. Yes, five friekin' hours...how do you women stand it! I went to The World's Biggest Bookstore and hung around there for a few hours, went to down to the Eaton's Centre (which was closed due to 8 people being shot there Saturday afternoon) and wandered the main drag. I haven't doen that in ages. I got back to the hairdressers with what I thought was an hour to go...uh uh, it was 2 hours. Oh well. I got to read half the book I'd purchased, End Time Delusions re: bible prophecy and fallacies about what the bible says and doesn't say about the second coming. Quite intersting. Afterwards, we ended up at East Side Mario's for dinner. SDA Lady told me that the hairdresser asked her if I was her husband. SDA Lady giggled when she told me, "You know what I said, "I hope maybe one day!' "
Today, back to work and still no face moisturizer...how will I get through the week!

S
S
That was a date? Ummm - she should not expect you to sit around waiting for her while she gets her hair done. I would never ever book a hair appt during date time. And no hair appt of mine has ever exceeded 2 hours and that includes a pedi and eyebrows most times.

Whatever...

I am horrified by the shootings at the Eaton Center. I heard they have arrested the guy. My first thought was that my son might be shopping. (fortunately not). SO SAD!!!

Anyway - how did the date end up being her hair appt? You don't want to just be a taxi service.

Glad your daughter figured her way around the place.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Remember Barb, Sunday is her only day off to do anything. We took the subway and streetcar downtown together. She was going to a salon in Chinatown that a friend recommended but her friend couldn't remember the name. So, she couldn't make an appointment. So if she couldn't get in or couldn't find the place we'd just spend the afternoon downtown together. I agreed to go and hang out if she could get in. Neither of us expected five hours! But she's very happy with the results. Anyway, we had a nice dinner together afterwards and enjoyed the ride downtown and back together. I enjoyed some free time to hang out at bookstores. But, I wouldn't want to repeat it again too soon lol

S
S
Yeah - I don't blame you.

Barb

Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard