Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: mishka422
How sweet! You should have taken the picture anyway! What a riot!

Well, we kept walking and there was another seating area further down and lo and behold before my eyes was a lady, sitting and clutching two bags in each hand...and sound asleep, mouth wide open too! SDA Lady looks at me and says "don't even think about it!". I said "I'm coming back to this mall without you and I'm gonna get these shots" It could have been Facebook heaven!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
SDA Lady and I were talking tonight about the differences between male and female children. She said "I think your girls are so affectionate because of their Daddy" I said "really?" she replied "Yes, you're different than most men. You like to touch, hug and hold hands. You're very affectionate and that's one of the things I really like about you" Wow, that's so nice to hear.

Good news: SDA Lady hasn't heard from her doctor re the ultra sound results on her breast. No news is good news.
Bad news: She's 117 lbs now...the world is ending!!!

B
B
Zounds! You and SDA are so funny together. And so adorable. smile I wish I was 187lbs, never mind 117. Sigh!

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Being Me, there does seem to be something very nice happening between us. We really like each other! Last night she was crying on the phone. She'd worked 12 hours, hadn't had dinner and her employer asked her to put the kids to bed. This means another two hours of work for her as the kids need bathed and need story telling etc. Normally, this is not her job except on Saturday evenings. She was tired and hungry and just broke down in tears with me. Finally she asked to call me back, I told her to go ahead and have her cry...it was OK. She called me about 11:00pm and told me she was feeling better but her pillow was soaked with tears. We talked and she said "I'm so lucky to have you" She said "tomorrow is a brand new day". I texted her this morning "here are some hugs and kisses for your breakfast...no need to add milk, they are mushy enough already lol!". She replied "thx for the h & k's, I want the real ones now :)" Another day begins. I also texted my kids this morning just to tell them how much I love them. Yes, love is in the air lol!

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: gabbysmom23
So, you're in love?

Sounds like she is asking for the kiss.....

Am I in love? No. Warm feelings do not mean love. One day maybe, we'll see. But I am in love with my kids!

S
S
That is sweet what she said.

But her employers sound like Slave Drivers - that is ridiculous! We have labour laws in Canada.

I'm glad you don't think you are "in Love" yet. It does take time to sort out the feelings. It is so hard not to "Fall" when we have been without that kind of love for so long. But important to know the difference.

I'm glad it continues to go well for both of you. Taking things slowly is good but I think you are both more than ready for a kiss.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: gabbysmom23
Curious question, are her employers Philippinos?

Nope.

W
OP Offline
W
...and yes Barb, she can say the sweetest things indeed. She makes me feel cared about and valued. On the weekend I was telling her that my apartment was an oven at 78 degrees F. She asked what I was cooking and I replied "me" She said "Mmm, sounds tasty. Can I have a piece?" Yes, she can flirt lol!

W
OP Offline
W
Btw Barb, here are the labour laws as applied to foreign live-in care givers:

"Generally, you cannot be required to work more than 8 hours a day or your regular daily work schedule (if more than 8 hours). For you to work more than the daily limit, your employer must have your written agreement.

Generally, you cannot be required to work more than 48 hours a week. For you to work more than 48 hours in a week, your employer must have your written agreement and an approval from the Ministry of Labour."

SDA Lady works 78 hours per week. Each caregiver signs a contract outlining the expected and agreed upon hours of work. Women coming directly from overseas e.g. Philippines will agree to pretty much anything to get into the country. After their 2 year caregiver contract is over they quit and find better employment because they have open work permits by then. My guess is that the employer just tells the ministry of labour that the employee has off time during the day when the kids are napping or some such nonsense. It isn't an easy life for these ladies but Mom living this life is what put SDA Lady's daughter through college in the Philippines. She worked previously in Hong Kong for nine years and the norm there, and here, is six days of work per week. Fun stuff...oh, and I read that the money these lady's send home makes up 10% of the Philippines GDP, accounts for 75% of big ticket items sold and gives the country lots of foreign currency. The government encourages ladies to work overseas. Nice, eh.

W
OP Offline
W
Hooray! I just bought Raptor tickets for SDA Lady and I for Sunday April 1. They cost me $12.50 each. She loves basketball and will be thrilled when I tell her. I tried to get tickets once before and the only seats left were in the hundreds of dollars so forget that! We're also going to the Blue Jays game on Sunday April 15. We're such jocks!

Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard