Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
C
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Things like pushing a girl we like off the dock. Or giving someone a wedgy... Or putting snow down a girl's back...
I can see that, but then I'm curious how you expect to be treated back? There are other ways to have "fun" that don't involve pestering. I learned with my brother years ago that when you're a girl smaller than the guy that's picking on you (and that is what it is), you're not going to out-do him. And frankly, the guy knows that, which I think is why they're doing it to girls instead of guys. Keeping that sort of "play" amongst the guys and treating a girl like a "lady" will get a whole lot more respect from her. Otherwise, I'm more inclined to respond to you as if you're a child.

Me:49 WAW H:59
T:19.5 M:19
S:13
~
~
I completely understand it from the other side. I'll admit that I see other guys do "stupid, childlike" things and make a judgement on them, considering they aren't "sensitive" to the person they just hazed.

But I can tell you this, without a doubt. When the child is beaten from us... we aren't ever the same... unlikely to be enjoyable company.

Guys need to find a way to be playful and not hurtful. But sometimes... we just can't help ourselves in that moment of spontaneity and opportunity. smile

No different than a girl crying when she gets hurt. That's just so unnecessary.

I understand that there is plenty of opportunity to agree to disagree on this (from any male and female position).

The reality is, like every and any way that we are all human and all the same, in these way most will never truly understand the other side. So it's a matter of accepting and respecting those genitalia differences and not expecting the other sex to be more like us.

Tolerance is one of those great, underused virtues.

~
~
Said another way, we can't blame a dog for behaving like a dog...

Too simplistic...?

Well, it just is what it is...

And again, I do understand your position and I do accept and respect it. Agreeing to disagree is another form of tolerance...

Yes...?

H
H
that book sounds awful and it just reduced people to stereotypes.

I submit that all people can act like children and it is hardly a male vs female problem.

As for the stupid thing, I wouldn't want to be with my W if she thought I was a stupid simpleton who was too dumb to know what my child needs. This kind of cr@p (and it sounds like it) does way more harm to male-female relationships in the long run.

Like the giving into sex/activities on a busy morning. That may work for the short term, but it sounds like a recipe to build up resentment.

Seriously was this book written in the 50s.

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
--Jean Jacques Rousseau.
A
A
There are plenty of potentially bad books out there, just as there are plenty of well meaning people out there giving you potentially bad advice. The trick is to be open to the right information and filter out the wrong information.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
~
~
I know you don't want regression therapy, but I just re-read what you said and I find the following very interesting:

Originally Posted By: Crazyville
I learned with my brother years ago that when you're a girl smaller than the guy that's picking on you (and that is what it is), you're not going to out-do him.

You can never take a look at the above and see what that might mean in your life. But the reality is, that is something that you have not let go... and I see how that is reflected in your M.

My D14 loves my D9 to death. So we aren't even talking M/F relationships here. D14 teases and taunts D9 and would never expect (and can't actually imagine) how that will affect D9 in the future, if D9 allows it to. I am constantly working her through that.

And further on the opposite spectrum, I had no male relatives my age, so between my sister and my female cousins, I was that "favourite" male relative that they could tease. Possibly taking out all their anger at being teased by other boys, including their brothers... In fact, even my aunts joined in on that fun...

It affected me for probably 15 years or so... and then I worked through it and truly let it go...

So as Harrier says, this isn't just a M/F thing, although the actually behaviours might be...

We tease and taunt to meet a need. It could be jealousy... it could be done in the name of love... but unless someone is actually doing something to intentionally break our leg or prevent us from having children... well... some people just don't think... but a lot of stuff is intended to be harmless fun...

Again, to repeat what Harrier said:
Originally Posted By: Harrier
I wouldn't want to be with my W if she thought I was a stupid simpleton who was too dumb to know what my child needs. This kind of cr@p (and it sounds like it) does way more harm to male-female relationships in the long run.

Maybe there's a better way to express that inner child. And there's also other ways to indicate that there are better ways for someone to express that inner child.

Everything is a two way street.

When disrespected, it appears so normal to retaliate with more disrespect. An ugly spiral.

Change the course...

H
H
Originally Posted By: Kaffe Diem

So as Harrier says, this isn't just a M/F thing, although the actually behaviours might be...

We tease and taunt to meet a need. It could be jealousy... it could be done in the name of love... but unless someone is actually doing something to intentionally break our leg or prevent us from having children... well... some people just don't think... but a lot of stuff is intended to be harmless fun...

Again, to repeat what Harrier said:
Originally Posted By: Harrier
I wouldn't want to be with my W if she thought I was a stupid simpleton who was too dumb to know what my child needs. This kind of cr@p (and it sounds like it) does way more harm to male-female relationships in the long run.

Maybe there's a better way to express that inner child. And there's also other ways to indicate that there are better ways for someone to express that inner child.

Everything is a two way street.

When disrespected, it appears so normal to retaliate with more disrespect. An ugly spiral.

Change the course...

Perhaps you've been reading too many self-help books. I wasn't talking about my "innner child" I was talking about my son.

CV gave this example from the book. In that light, it talked about men laying on the couch watching TV because they're too stupid to figure out that the baby is crying and needs changing, but if the W would only ask....

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
--Jean Jacques Rousseau.
~
~
oh? I was reading with my old eyes... My bad...

*mental note: no more words into Harrier's mouf*

C
OP Offline
C
Thinking I should start a new post.... not sure what the limit is.

Part 5

Me:49 WAW H:59
T:19.5 M:19
S:13
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard