Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
R
Yass I'm glad you enjoy reading responses. I do too very much. Sounds like you had a good siesta. For a while I lived in Argentina. Everyone slept siesta except me. Think I was the only kid awake in the country. Lol. Hey can you help at the nursing home tomorrow. You should show of that new stunning hair due.

Doesn't Yassu mean hi in Greek?

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

Y
Yasu Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Please, tell me... How can I completely read and respond to what is in the box within a box when someone is responding specifically to my post? I need help on this, I am very frustrated, and want to be sure I'm absorbing all that Ms. 25 is giving me.

And yes, 25, I have a propensity towards paranoia, especially with the history of this surveillance looming under my bedroom window at all hours, and being tailed to my doctor's office or other errands, or flat out run off of effing 285. Yes, I look over my shoulder at all times. I am always aware of my surroundings. Because, I am paranoid, and proud of it! No one will take me by surprise! No one will make me so nervous in the car where I end up flipping it. Been there, done that. No more. No mam'.

Married 27 Years
Together 32 Years
4th Year of Separation; D-Day 1 = 9/08, D-Day 2 = 12/08
Divorce Final Sept. 17, 2012
Y
Yasu Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
On malingering, 25. In required forensic psychological examinations, I seem to score a big zero in malingering. I get so ticked off at those tests. If they would just give me a second chance at it!!!!!???? I used to be a master test taker - but none of my techniques are applicable on their crazy tests! I swear the girl must have made these tests at home as a craft project!

My entire dissertation was the determining the validity and reliability of a diagnotic measurement instrument. Can you imagine how infuriating it was to fail after fail after fail their crazy tests? The tester gal kept changing test topics, and I didn't know if I was coming or going. I lodged complaints with the forensic psychiatrist to no avail. Fail, fail, fail, wrong, wrong, wrong. That is all I heard from that testing girl. 3 days - nothing but negative feedback. What the heck do you expect?

Married 27 Years
Together 32 Years
Originally Posted By: Yasu
On malingering, 25. In required forensic psychological examinations, I seem to score a big zero in malingering. I get so ticked off at those tests. If they would just give me a second chance at it!!!!!???? I used to be a master test taker - but none of my techniques are applicable on their crazy tests! I swear the girl must have made these tests at home as a craft project!

Not sure what you mean by all this^^^. By "malingering", I meant that your h or worker's comp (or whoever else might care about your disability)

may want to argue that you are not getting better by choice, or that you are faking it, so they don't have to pay you as much.

I AM NOT saying you are malingering, or even that they are saying it...just what MY use of the word meant.

So i don't know the context of your "scoring zero" on their tests, and how your "techniques are not applicable", etc.

My entire dissertation was the determining the validity and reliability of a diagnotic measurement instrument. Can you imagine how infuriating it was to fail after fail after fail their crazy tests?

I don't know what you mean by "failing" a test if the issue is malingering in the context in which I used it. I DO know of stupid tests however.

The tester gal kept changing test topics, and I didn't know if I was coming or going. I lodged complaints with the forensic psychiatrist to no avail. Fail, fail, fail, wrong, wrong, wrong. That is all I heard from that testing girl. 3 days - nothing but negative feedback. What the heck do you expect?

what tests are you referring to? I am confused.

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
Y
Yasu Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I wish I could get the red witing and the box on one screen so I could see what is all says. It doesn't scroll very easily. I was trying to explain how grilling the forensic testing process is. For a person that is a perfectionist at test taking, and even selected such as a part of dissertation topic. And how the very nature of my objections may have downgraded me. Actually, I was not hired to evaluate their testing procedures, so I acted outside my boundaries, speaking to my illness, which the forensic test is for. At what point do you get irrated with the tests and start finding fault? Most likely one of their diagnostic questions.

25, I think I just went off on a tagent, I thought you said in front of a jury, they would see malingering. VS a jerk (something to that effect). And I want to point out I received the highest score for lack of malingering "0" - but that doesn't matter, does it? It's percertions that matter. That is what just scares me. I am also frightened that at moments I will be extremely articulate - and then, be a total burn out, with the judge screaming at me- expecting a normal response, when I blank out.

My attorney is 500 an hour. My paralegal is 350 an hour. I am afraid to dial the phone. I have simple basic questions that turn into an hour on the phone. I get off base, or the discussions tend to get lengthy and dissected. She hasn't been prone to answer a direct question on email. I will talk to her about this, because it's the best learning method for me.

Married 27 Years
Together 32 Years
Y
Yasu Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Yasu can mean "hi" or "good-by" "welcome" all sorts of things in Greek, depending on how you express it in tone, and the curcumstances, as well as your age (young people through the sour "Yasu" around more, at least, I've noticed).

Yass-sas means hello in Greek, like the way you would answer the telephone. A formal hello greeting.

Yasu - more "punk" greeting.

That's my read on it from living around a full blooded Greek for 30plus years, and 4 trips to Greece.

Married 27 Years
Together 32 Years
Yasu,

I'm going to be super direct and try to stay on point, so bear with me and forgive me if it sounds abrupt in any way. However you said you preferred directness and to avoid going on tangents...so here we go.

Originally Posted By: Yasu

My entire dissertation was the determining the validity and reliability of a diagnotic measurement instrument. Can you imagine how infuriating it was to fail after fail after fail their crazy tests? The tester gal kept changing test topics, and I didn't know if I was coming or going. I lodged complaints with the forensic psychiatrist to no avail. Fail, fail, fail, wrong, wrong, wrong. That is all I heard from that testing girl. 3 days - nothing but negative feedback. What the heck do you expect?

NONE of this^^^ is relevant to the point I was making. IT's ALL a tangent.

I simply said that if there is surveillance -it MIGHT be related to the disability claimed OR that you cannot work, which affects money issues for your husband

AND furthermore, "malingering" is, realistically the worst accusation that could be made at a TRIAL ...

but you seem to be getting treatment for something, bi-polar 2 or otherwise,
so some sort of illness is apparent to medical professionals,

AND, your h sounds like HE would be a terrible witness for himself.

So at a trial, you have less to fear than he does, in my opinion. That's what I meant.

Make sense?

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
Y
Yasu Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thank you for your response 25.

I believe I admitted to going off on a tangent or something similar to your previous post, so there is no need to hammer the coffin nails any deeper.

I respect you have your act together, and am humbled by the fact that you respond to me.

Please factor in the number of drugs I am on, (now including Adderall, another 150 Welbutrin, and 30 resperel). Actually, the meds have been helpful the last two days. I ask you also to factor in that I am to be on trial May 21. There is an ungodly amount of papers due on Friday - which, surprisingly, with my PA, we are on top of.

To complicate my life, I have tenants for the rental that I poured myself and my money into for the last 6 months. Now OC wants to hassle me about every dimension of the pre-lease, tenants, terms, etc.

Ok. So I went on a tagent and you pinched me on each bloody test.

Your statement that took me to the tangent (and perhaps I misunderstood) was something to the effect of the jury's potential response to performed "malingering" VS "being a jerk.". I assumed you were attributing the "malingering to me - as a win. My point is giving you some background on the actual testing for malingering was to demonstrate for you that it is never really a "Win," as you so caviliarily put it (sorry, I can't spell).

And yes, one with my training is between a rock and a hard place. I don't know if I'm providing you a reasonable understanding, or just plain defensiveness. Probably in the middle, my dear.

This is a tough time for me. I'm struggling. I have fear of the system, for the very reasons just explained. You developed a wrong impression of me. Proof is in the pudding. That is exactly my fear.

Married 27 Years
Together 32 Years
Y
Yasu Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Also, 25, you must realize that since recently finding out about the trial, my hopes are pretty much demolished. And yes, I get it, I wasn't supposed to have any hopes or expectations. Right.

My physical and mental reaction to this announment of a trial date might not be a big deal to you, but it has me mortified, and in a manic spin - so, so sorry for the tangents. It's a manic kind of thing. The other option is silence. Which do you think is best?

Married 27 Years
Together 32 Years
Y
Yasu Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I'm sorry 25, barely anything makes sense to me.

Married 27 Years
Together 32 Years
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard